If you are thinking about ordering a RCCL Celebration Cake on-line......

muladybug

It’s not chocolate fondant, it’s actual chocolate. If it comes frozen, they probably wrap the cake in cardboard to keep the chocolate safe.

I think maybe they are supposed to finish the cake on board, because the flowers in the site pic are made out of blown sugar which is extremely fragile and can’t be frozen. I don’t think I’ve ever seen blown sugar flowers on any ship actually.

It is cardboard and was not frozen. No way near the picture it show. I will not do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. That cake was truly awful, even worse than what I got

see my thread here - pics are towards the end

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472321

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52866173&postcount=57

I have another birthday coming up, and I REALLY want a nice cake. I miss the old cakes they used to have. They were more plain, but still looked nice and were SO yummy. This one tasted just sort of blah. I'm going to talk to the Head Waiter, or maybe Maitre'd early in the cruise and see what they can do for me. I don't mind paying for the cake - I just don't want it to look like crap.

Actually we shared our Anniversary cake with 8 people. It is marzipan and very tasty. They do a piece of cake or such for a birthday but we wanted something for the entire table. We were happy with it and would do it again. Beauty of decorating is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. That cake was truly awful, even worse than what I got

see my thread here - pics are towards the end

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472321

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52866173&postcount=57

I have another birthday coming up, and I REALLY want a nice cake. I miss the old cakes they used to have. They were more plain, but still looked nice and were SO yummy. This one tasted just sort of blah. I'm going to talk to the Head Waiter, or maybe Maitre'd early in the cruise and see what they can do for me. I don't mind paying for the cake - I just don't want it to look like crap.

Wow, your cake looked much better than the one I got.

If I had gotten something like what you got, I wouldn't have complained. Thanks for sharing your experience.

oops6.gif sorry about that....I forgot that deleting pics from Photobucket breaks the link.

image001_zpsgua0kfmp.png

GEDC2022_zpsheiizk5p.jpg

I don't know why you complained about the cake, it is clearly a milestone birthday cake............

...... for a one year old.

Glad you got a refund.

• 1 month later...
I ordered a birthday cake for my son for our cruise in March on Harmony. Same one. I can't seem to see the pictures of the cake you received :( Now I'm worried my cake will be a joke

Did you try scrolling up a bit? The pics are gone from the first page, but I reposted them (post 46).

• 5 months later...

My DW is celebrating her 65th birthday on December 31st. We always have a special party at a special location. This year we are celebrating her birthday onboard the Harmony of the Sea. With this being a milestone birthday... I want everything to be perfect... including the cake! Having read too many stories similar to OP's post... I decided I was not going to take a chance with the cake being less than perfect. I researched many bakeries in Ft. Lauderdale and find one which, surpassed all of my expectations!

The bakeries pictures of their cakes were beautiful plus they have received many excellent comments from past customers. The bakery surpassed my expectations in two ways: 1) They package the cake for travel. Using a special container (including a small piece of dry ice) to protect and keep the cake frozen until it's opened. 2)The final caveat I discovered the bakery will deliver the cake to the hotel we are staying at the night before our cruise!

Once I found all the information... I called RCCL guest services to check if I would be allowed to take the cake onboard our ship. I was told there would be no problem!

One big item √'d off the birthday party list!!!

And just how did Royal know you were celebrating an anniversary?

When we were on in January, several people asked when were we coming back. I told them mid June for our anniversary. It's also a question on our booking if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When we were on in January, several people asked when were we coming back. I told them mid June for our anniversary. It's also a question on our booking if I recall correctly.

Hum ... does that question come from your TA or Royal? I don’t recall Next Cruise asking.

We just got off the Serenade of the Seas where our party celebrated a milestone birthday. We had pre-ordered a gorgeous birthday cake thru Royal Caribbean's 'Royal Gifts' to be presented at our table. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when the beautifully decorated, fondant wrapped chocolate cake I ordered on-line was substituted by an ordinary chocolate cake that looked to be decorated by a 12 year old. I did mention this to the head waiter at the time and spoke with post guest relations when I came home. (they are looking into the matter and I am supposed to get a refund) But it was all about presentation and this was a big dud. Next time I'll just have them stick a candle in one of their amazing nightly desserts. :D

THIS IS NOT A RANT! Just a precaution to others that what is shown on the website may not be what is actually served. The ship had orders to present a chocolate birthday cake. I fault 'Royal Gifts' for misleading. The chocolate cake was still delicious. Just not what I had ordered and expected. I wonder whether this just may be a one-time mistake or the norm.

Here is what we ordered and here is what we got:

Capture3333_zpso7pbiifu.gifCapture1_zps5aqp4qsa.gif

GEDC2022_zps8egjnlw7.jpg

I can't open the photos. I guess it's my computer because everyone who has posted seems to have been able to open them. Anyone have idea how I can open them?

Thanks. The picture looks like it is in the suite lounge and I got excited because we are in a suite for our 30th anniversary and I would love to do something like this!
Yes it was the Suite lounge. We ended up with both on the same night. There was a lot of sharing.

We sailed Oasis a lot both prior and after we became Pinnacle. The suite lounge Concierges are the ones that can/will/may make it happen. Good luck.

Yes it was the Suite lounge. We ended up with both on the same night. There was a lot of sharing.

We sailed Oasis a lot both prior and after we became Pinnacle. The suite lounge Concierges are the ones that can/will/may make it happen. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity did you sail on Oasis in May 2017? You look familiar.