No customs paperwork in NOLA

CRUISERMOMX3

We recently got back from a 5 night on the Triumph and I was surprised to find out they no longer want the customs forms filled out. Are there any other ports doing the same thing?

It's been this way for at least a few months now. US citizens no longer need to complete the Customs forms.

Port Canaveral also. When we debarked, we were asked by the customs agent, "Did you bring back any alcohol or tobacco?" When we answered in the negative, we were told to have a nice day and move along.

In New Orleans my husband got asked his birthday and I got asked what is my last name and spell it. It was short and sweet.

CBP found it was a CWOT (complete waste of time) to have Americans fill out this form because the huge majority had nothing to declare.

Just wasting time and paper on nothing productive. Thank you President Trump.

It's been over a year, almost 2, since USC&BP has started the no paperwork declarations. It began as a trial program with international arrivals at several airports, then rolled out to cover more airports and finally began with seaports.

It's been in the works for well over a year for Global Entry, trusted passenger and pre-checked designations at airports, and the IT is finally catching on and being introduced throughout many of the USC&BP check line.

CBP found it was a CWOT (complete waste of time) to have Americans fill out this form because the huge majority had nothing to declare.

I mean, he's had a year. Eventually he was going to do something besides play golf

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

US Citizens don't need to complete a customs for unless they purchased over $800 worth of merchandise. The customs officer will ask you verbally if you made any purchases or if you have anything to declare.

Galveston has also stopped with the paperwork. Our customs agent actually never said a word to us. Looked at the passports, handed them back, and motioned to the door lol

I'm pretty sure Trump had nothing to do this.

It was paperless when we came through Galveston in November. We had to fill them out when we debarked in Galveston in May, so the change happened sometime in between those months.

But, the gift shop manager said they transmit the list of purchasers of alcohol, tobacco and gift shop items around 1am before docking. She told us several passengers had been caught when they failed to declare the purchase of expensive watches and jewelry that exceeded the Customs limit.