golden princess xmxs cruise

VK3DQ

Hi There

NO!!! you did not have to take your life vest to the "Mustard Drill" only some good ham and crusty bread :evilsmile:

when did they stop taking the life jacket to the muster, i was on the Golden the end of november and we had to take them to the drill

did they put a notice in the patter that you didnt need to take your life jacket to the drill

Edited by rkmw

when did they stop taking the life jacket to the muster, i was on the Golden the end of november and we had to take them to the drill

did they put a notice in the patter that you didnt need to take your life jacket to the drill

Hi

Our Christmas cruise was the first time on Golden Princess it was announced over the tannoy system and also staff advised us its a fleet wide thing.

saves wear and tear on the lifejackets , and much better to hand then\m out at mustardstations as the coffee stains dont show so much .........

BTW question , how long do you imagine your life jacket will keep you alive in waters off the south island of New Zealand ???

Answer ..not long enough the cold water will get you before you drown.

and DONT ever jump into the water with a life jacket on , unless you know what you are doing it can break your neck

regards

John

Do they have Happy Hour - BOGO for $1 on the Golden for Australian Cruises?

They don't need to put on BOGO for $1. The Aussies drink enough at the full prices to achieve Beverage targets.:p

Hi

Our Christmas cruise was the first time on Golden Princess it was announced over the tannoy system and also staff advised us its a fleet wide thing.

saves wear and tear on the lifejackets , and much better to hand then\m out at mustardstations as the coffee stains dont show so much .........

BTW question , how long do you imagine your life jacket will keep you alive in waters off the south island of New Zealand ???

and DONT ever jump into the water with a life jacket on , unless you know what you are doing it can break your neck

regards

John

We were on the VOS early 2017 and found it quite strange not having to take our life jackets to our muster station on deck, after having to take them and put them on as we did on our previous cruises. We were squashed into a small area and we were at the back (at least I could lean against the wall) but couldn't see the crew member demonstrating how to put the life jacket on or hear the instructions. There were first time cruisers standing next to us, all they were interested in was how to use their drink packages to the maximum and one of them even slipped away to take a phone call.

I can understand the arguments re wear and tear and how the straps are dangerous when passengers don't tie them back around the life jacket and drag them on the ground but am still not convinced it is the best thing to not take them to muster. Although I'm sure I'll appreciate not having to carry it with me!

Leigh

Hi

regards

John

Sadly the life jackets were still required on the Sea Princess over the Christmas period . Maybe they will drop the requirement soon as well if it is going fleet wide.

Good to know we won't need them on the golden in March [emoji3]

Sadly the life jackets were still required on the Sea Princess over the Christmas period . Maybe they will drop the requirement soon as well if it is going fleet wide.

Good to know we won't need them on the golden in March [emoji3]

Don't think that if Princess does something fleet wide it will apply to the Aussies Princesses. Look at their elite lounges (or lack of) for example.

We were on the VOS early 2017 and found it quite strange not having to take our life jackets to our muster station on deck, after having to take them and put them on as we did on our previous cruises. We were squashed into a small area and we were at the back (at least I could lean against the wall) but couldn't see the crew member demonstrating how to put the life jacket on or hear the instructions. There were first time cruisers standing next to us, all they were interested in was how to use their drink packages to the maximum and one of them even slipped away to take a phone call.

I can understand the arguments re wear and tear and how the straps are dangerous when passengers don't tie them back around the life jacket and drag them on the ground but am still not convinced it is the best thing to not take them to muster. Although I'm sure I'll appreciate not having to carry it with me!

Leigh

I’m another who isn’t persuaded that it’s a good idea.

Agreed, no use practicing something like a muster drill, unless you have people do it with the equipment.:D

Plus if you don’t have to take it

Do you check where to find it

Ensure there enough in your cabin

Make sure it isn’t damaged

Etc.

Plus if you don’t have to take it

Do you check where to find it

Ensure there enough in your cabin

Make sure it isn’t damaged

Etc.

Go to the right muster station, and I suppose you will be okay. Who knows what people will do in an emergency, may as well not practice it at all.

Go to the right muster station, and I suppose you will be okay. Who knows what people will do in an emergency, may as well not practice it at all.

As far as the cruise lines are concerned there is a tick in a bureaucratic box that says they've done their bit.

You only have to look at Costa Concordia to know this isn't good enough and I suspect if the tragedy had happened elsewhere, the coroners would have toughened things up not relaxed them!

As far as the cruise lines are concerned there is a tick in a bureaucratic box that says they've done their bit.

You only have to look at Costa Concordia to know this isn't good enough and I suspect if the tragedy had happened elsewhere, the coroners would have toughened things up not relaxed them!

I think you are right, part of the drill is to get people accustomed to what they need to do in an emergency and by practice, it helps eliminate panic, which can be worse than the actual emergency. If you disregard safety, people will get hurt (or worse).