UBP Drink question

DCLCrazy

Hi,

I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the UBP, but I think it will only be worth it to me if my favorite drink is included. Does anyone know if the UBP includes a chocolate martini? For some reason, I think someone told me it was going to cost me extra to purchase it above and beyond the UBP. Has anyone ordered a chocolate martini and paid with their UBP entirely?

Thanks!

The UBP covers drinks up to $15. I think I recently saw that the chocolate martini was priced at $17. So if you order one with the package, you'd be charged $2. I'm only going by what I've read though- not first hand account- but basically every drink is $15 cheaper with the package, if that helps you think about it.

There is no daily limit on the UBP.

The biggest obstacle to you sharing the UBP is that you can’t just have one person in a room with it. If one person gets it, everyone else in the room has to.

People often ask why that should be, but you have just shown them the reason.

Obviously there is also the question as to whether you should or shouldn’t do that anyway. I’ll leave that to all the other people who will be along soon to give you their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the UBP, but I think it will only be worth it to me if my favorite drink is included. Does anyone know if the UBP includes a chocolate martini? For some reason, I think someone told me it was going to cost me extra to purchase it above and beyond the UBP. Has anyone ordered a chocolate martini and paid with their UBP entirely?

Thanks!

IF you are actually going to pay for the UBP, and not take it as a perk and just pay the gratuities, it is not worth the money, unless you drink a lot. You would be much better off just paying for your chocolate martinis. If your martini costs more than $15 you pay the price minus $15 , plus the 18% on the small amount, so maybe $3 or $4 per drink.

IF you are actually going to pay for the UBP, and not take it as a perk and just pay the gratuities, it is not worth the money, unless you drink a lot. You would be much better off just paying for your chocolate martinis. If your martini costs more than $15 you pay the price minus $15 , plus the 18% on the small amount, so maybe $3 or $4 per drink.

When I saw how much the UBP was without the perk ($1500 pp!!) I almost choked on my water. This is for the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on the Bliss in November. Even if i only had one drink a day, the perk would be worth getting. Especially knowing how much my husband loves the designer coffees they serve. I believe they count for the UBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Especially knowing how much my husband loves the designer coffees they serve. I believe they count for the UBP.

If you mean the coffees from the atrium cafe (espressos, lattes etc) then no, they are specifically not included in the UBP.

The only coffee that is included as far as I am aware is the Irish coffee.

If you mean the coffees from the atrium cafe (espressos, lattes etc) then no, they are specifically not included in the UBP.

The only coffee that is included as far as I am aware is the Irish coffee.

Hmm that might be a game changer. I’ll have to call ncl and ask.

Hmm that might be a game changer. I’ll have to call ncl and ask.

Don’t call NCL. They have a special random answer generator for use when people call with questions.

Those coffees are certainly not included, trust me.

When I saw how much the UBP was without the perk ($1500 pp!!) I almost choked on my water. This is for the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on the Bliss in November. Even if i only had one drink a day, the perk would be worth getting. Especially knowing how much my husband loves the designer coffees they serve. I believe they count for the UBP.

UBP as a perk does not include starbuck coffees or water. Is that what you mean by designer coffee? I like Baileys and coffee so I have been able to order coffee and a shot of Bailey's separately if you're talking about alcoholic beverages.

UBP as a perk does not include starbuck coffees or water. Is that what you mean by designer coffee? I like Baileys and coffee so I have been able to order coffee and a shot of Bailey's separately if you're talking about alcoholic beverages.

Was just thinking the same thing. Went to the atrium bar every morning to get a regular coffee and asked for a shot of Bailey's in it.

That was MY "specialty " coffee.

And that IS included.

Whilst the Baileys suggestion does work, and is obviously a great idea if that is what you want, it doesn’t replace the main chargeable coffee items which aren’t covered by the UBP. If you want an espresso based coffee you are going to have to pay for it.

Baileys poured into a coffee is a different thing, and the closest equivalent that NCL sell is the Irish Coffee, which is actually available under the UBP anyway.

Are custom drink requests covered under the UBP? Like if I wanted any two random liquors mixed with some random juice or pop?

Whilst there is probably no definitive answer, and it is largely down to the server plus the actual things you ask for, the answer is basically yes.