First time RCL cruiser uses CPAP device

vawalkers

I have started using a CPAP device for sleep apnea. Will I need to bring an extension cord so it can sit beside the bed? Not sure where the outlets on an inside cabin on Jewel of the Seas are located.

Contact the special needs dept at 866-592-7225 and let them know about the CPAP. they will provide an extension cord and distilled water for you to use.

Steve

I have started using a CPAP device for sleep apnea. Will I need to bring an extension cord so it can sit beside the bed? Not sure where the outlets on an inside cabin on Jewel of the Seas are located.

No. You need a power cord, not an extension cord. Upon request, RCI will,provide the cord and distilled water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An extension cord is fine, as long as it doesn't have a "surge protector"....they don't work on ship's electrical systems and will be confiscated. A regular extension cord is fine. There are no plugs next to the bed. Bring a cord that's about 10-12 ft. long, and rated for your Cpap.

If you contact Special Needs as suggested above, you will receive the following in your stateroom (you may need to remind your cabin steward).

1-gallon jug of distilled water.

4f2e48730000fa31ff2e6deed9c523aa.jpg

1-outlet extension cord, length varies but approximately 10 feet as shown.

5102ee69f9405c626a0a9d7d923bdfc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

An extension cord is fine, as long as it doesn't have a "surge protector"....they don't work on ship's electrical systems and will be confiscated. A regular extension cord is fine. There are no plugs next to the bed. Bring a cord that's about 10-12 ft. long, and rated for your Cpap.

Technically, extension cords are still on the prohibited list. When you email special needs at the address in an earlier post, just tell then you will require the extension cord and distilled water.

Just to reinforce what others have said, you need to inform special needs and there is a form that should be completed and emailed to them. That is to notify them that you will be using a CPAP machine on board.

They will provide an extension chord and if it is not in the room, you can ask the room steward.

I usually take my own just in case but there is a strong chance that it will be intercepted by security. It's best to keep it with your hand luggage. Worst thing that can happen is that they will take it and return it at the end of the cruise.

I booked one cruise on my own and informed the agent about the cpap and I booked another through a travel agent and informed her as well. There is a notation on my invoices for use of a cpap. Do I still need to send an email?

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

I booked one cruise on my own and informed the agent about the cpap and I booked another through a travel agent and informed her as well. There is a notation on my invoices for use of a cpap. Do I still need to send an email?

Carnival Paradise - August 2015 - 5 nights

Carnival Splendor - August 2016 - 6 nights

Carnival Magic - August 2017 - 8 nights

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas - August 2018 - 7 nights (booked)

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas - August 2019 - 9 nights (booked)

Just to be safe, you should... (but who am I to talk, we always forget to contact them in advance :))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you cannot bring one at all, but contact special needs and they will have one on the cabin plus a bottle of distilled water for you.

just to be on the safe side. special needs and housekeeping do not always get the memo.