Do Princess ships offer bunk bed cabins?

YWW

We are thinking of taking our two grand kids (12 and 14) on a 7-day cruise but can't seem to find any info on bed configurations on Princess website. The only thing we can find is on a mini-suite the small sofa can turn into a bed but that's hardly enough room for two. Do any of you have suggestions? Thanks.

Some cabins for 4 include beds that drop down from the ceiling, or fold down from the wall. Note, however, these typically do not have a couch. During the day the upper beds are stowed, and then are configured for the night by the steward during the evening cabin service.

There are many cabins on Princess ships that can accommodate three or four passenger in a bunk-style configuration. Is it possible that the sailing you are looking at is sold out of these cabins? Try a different date and see if you get the same results.

I second (third) the 2 cabin approach. As stated above, one adult needs to be registered in each cabin. Once you're on the ship, reorganize the sleeping arrangements any way you want.:D

You don't want the cabins with bunks, they're horrible. Space is very tight. When the bunks are down, you have to bend over to get into the bottom beds. When they're folded against the wall, they stick out about 8" (they are NOT flush) and you'll bump into them, especially if you & spouse like to sleep in a queen bed.

Pull up the deck plan for your ship. The initial listing will show this:

enhance

Change the drop down to show this:

enhance

Voila! You will see which cabins can accommodate 4 passengers. Hope this helps you.

We travel as 4 - husband, I and 2 sons, 13 & 15

Our first cruise was when they were 6 & 8

When we look for cruises, we just punch in 4ppl (as shown above) and choose the best for our budget. We have travelled inside rooms, ocean view and balcony. Most cruise lines and configuration include a twin bed or 2 that drops from ceiling In all honesty they are all tight but very doable.

In our opinion there is no need for a second room. But we enjoy spending the time together.

And, occasionally, I send them all out so I can finish getting ready and tidy up

We are thinking of taking our two grand kids (12 and 14) on a 7-day cruise but can't seem to find any info on bed configurations on Princess website. The only thing we can find is on a mini-suite the small sofa can turn into a bed but that's hardly enough room for two. Do any of you have suggestions? Thanks.

Choose a mini suite as we did for our three under six grandchildren on the Regal M233

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

Howard

Cabins that handle 4 passengers

Balcony Cat. Cabins: most have two upper berths that drop down from the ceiling, The lower berths are in the twin config. Some have only one upper berth and handle the 4th passenger on a roll-away.

Deluxe Balcony Cabins only on the Royal and Regal Princess. One upper berth and one passenger on the pull out sofa.

Mini suites: 3rd passenger on the pull out sofa and 4th on an upper berth above the sofa.

Inside cabins: most have 2 lower bunks and 2 upper berths that fold down from the walls. Not a lot of space.

The separate inside cabin is a good idea as others have suggested. There just is not enough space for 4 in balcony cabins, unless all are very neat, put everything away all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot imagine having 4 people in a Princess "normal" cabin. The standard cabins on some lines are much bigger than on Princess--about the size of a mini suite while others still have Princess sized cabins. Check the pricing for your cruise....but I'd strongly suggest looking at an inside cabin across the hall from your balcony. Yes, if the others are under 18, you'll need to register one adult in each cabin, but no one cares who sleeps where. This not only almost doubles the space, but also the TV, storage space, and bathroom. Just getting 4 people ready for anything with one bathroom is a crunch. I wouldn't do this with very young kids (in that case, I'd probably look at connecting cabins), but I think you'll be much happier with two cabins. If you feel the need to keep an ear on them, you can place a baby monitor in their cabin so you can listen in.

And, while I've never made this request on Princess, other lines will give you a "mom key"--a key card that will only open the door of the other cabin. It can't be used for charging or disembarking the ship; the only function is so that "mom" has access to all rooms.