hotels in San Juan

kristen258

Hello! We are cruising out of San Juan on March 10th on Royal Carribean. Looking for hotel suggestions for a night or two before the cruise. Is it better to book this thru Royal Caribbean or on our own?? Thank you!!:D

Welcome to CC. We prefer to book our own hotel stays. We stay either at Hampton Inn (Isla Verde) or Embassy Suites. More info on the following link for San Juan. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Hello! We are cruising out of San Juan on March 10th on Royal Carribean. Looking for hotel suggestions for a night or two before the cruise. Is it better to book this thru Royal Caribbean or on our own?? Thank you!!:D

It will virtually always be better to book yourself as opposed to letting the cruise line book for you.

Check out the San Juan port of call forum for hotel info: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Right now I think the Ports of Call forum will be a good source for info on hotels that are accepting reservations. Some hotels haven't reopened. Others have been taken over by crews working on rebuilding and restoring after the hurricane damage.

My wife and I have stayed at the El Convento Hotel in Old San Juan whenever we board a cruise in Puerto Rico. Just imagine staying in a building with architecture dating to 1646. Its something special. It is a block away from the city gate leading to the bay, and the waterfront walkway leading to El Morro. Just a great place to be.;)

• 4 weeks later...

The Caribe Hilton is fantastic. Huge open air lobby with sunken lounge that looks out over infinity swim up bar pool and the ocean. Private beach with free lounges, water toys, and hammocks. Sea wall lighted at night to see sharks. Beautiful stone wall walkway next the sea. Tropical gardens with gazebo, peacocks, and swans. Shops in the lobby, caged macaws to feed, concierge, atm, restaurants, Subway across the street, great service and rooms, children’s play area and separate pool, spa services too. Love this place! Stayed many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone! We ended up booking the Sheraton Old San Juan. Can't wait!

You're very welcome...I'm sure you'll enjoy it...the location is just wonderful. We'll be staying there again this coming September before our B2B onboard Freedom.

The Caribe Hilton is fantastic. Huge open air lobby with sunken lounge that looks out over infinity swim up bar pool and the ocean. Private beach with free lounges, water toys, and hammocks. Sea wall lighted at night to see sharks. Beautiful stone wall walkway next the sea. Tropical gardens with gazebo, peacocks, and swans. Shops in the lobby, caged macaws to feed, concierge, atm, restaurants, Subway across the street, great service and rooms, children’s play area and separate pool, spa services too. Love this place! Stayed many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a reservation here for the last week in March, they cancelled it and are not taking reservations until at least April

Sent from my iPad using Forums