Live Oasis, Jan 7th 2018 with pics

We are boarding on Sunday...Just got a email from Royal stating that the ship has to be thoroughly cleaned on Sun and we will not be boarding until after 12.... Sounds like Noro to me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm, das no good!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm, das no good!!

we are boarding Sunday also and got the email...are you seeing anything unusual or any of the enhanced sanitary measures being used?

"We have updated information regarding your sailing onboard Oasis of the Seas.

Providing you with an awesome and pleasurable cruise vacation is our number one priority. As such, we will be conducting enhanced sanitation and maintenance as part of our illness prevention efforts. Boarding will now take place from 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM. As seating is limited in the terminal, we kindly ask that guests arrive no earlier than 12:00 PM.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International"

What has the ship told you all?

Our friend who is now in the hospital in Cozumel is very frustrated because he said they wouldn’t tell him anything! Medical staff was still sticking to the bad slaw theory.

We are very worried about him....he is very sick and wants to come home badly!

His car is in Canaveral but fortunately they went with another couple who can drive it home.

We had a fun lil day in Cozumel, walk the pier a bit and saw this!! How's cuz no one told me that there was Ron Jon at the pier now???

861b3c0e5e8e25a00c8792af3dad8845.jpg

For all I've done for you'z guy'z!! 🤣Hahaha, jkjk but man how nice is it not to have to trek downtown. Ya, more Ron Jon shirts, woohoo, my wardrobe is complete now.

Hmmm, when do you suppose they'll put a Ron Jon on Labadee?

Anyway, the one thing we absolutely wanted to buy here in Cozumel was Vanilla. Not sure if all of you have seen the price of vanilla in the states, holy mackerel, like one bottle that we bought is over $60. We got 2 for $35. We researched it online before we left and they said that a lot of the vanilla from mx has coumarin which has less vanilla but this enhances the flavor. Well the stuff we bought has no coumarin in it. Just pure vanilla.

Crazy!!

7b106cefa44fa0e73789d488013df990.jpg

You can actually get it cheaper 2 for about $20 but this was supposed to be double strength and the shop guys here we're nice.

And, now a Margaritaville right in the pier. Went in had a drink, some chips n guacamole, oh and a jello shooter.

54e8ec2087561fd4c4e87c2eea7e5e8d.jpg

71d0571df85e39e0fe11697b216ced81.jpg

2091d820c9d40a3701f5d9cb35ea431e.jpg

a5d121784312ad108fede743d7d3fa1b.jpg

What has the ship told you all?

Other than the Captains speech a few days ago, nothing that I know of. They really are tho, encouraging you to wash you hands and use sanitizer. Even our waiters at dinner when we left told us to be sure and was our hands.

When we 1st boarded, I forgot to bring my 32oz metal cup for ice tea. So on day 1 I went to Starbucks and bought a big ice tea and I'll use that cup to refill around the ship. I made it to day 6, without losing it, pretty good I think. Left it at Margaritaville I think. So back to Starbucks to get another one.

c04d98cb09bf29856b3340991bb749d9.jpg

The menu on board.

fcba347bca9415b7c3622af0f56ab4f4.jpg

Our friend who is sailing with you is now in a hospital in Cozumel!! He and his wife had to leave the ship this morning and he does not know how many days he may be there. He is an otherwise healthy guy with no other medical conditions.

Although I remember you stating the Captain himself had mentioned Noro earlier in the week, the medical staff onboard is still denying it saying he probably ate some bad cole slaw on Labadee!!

Just a precaution to please be sure and wash your hands and take all precautions to keep safe!

We are on the next sailing and got an email to day to not show up to the port until 12 due to enhanced sanitation measures. We just stocked up on lysol wipes, hand soap and hand sanitizer.

Just an FYI hand sanitizer or lysol does kill Noro virus. What I buy is Clorox healthcare hydrogen peroxide wipes. DH and I wash before entering buffet and dinning room and when we leave. I also wipe down cabin surfaces and take wipes to buffet and wipe down table. I'm not a germafob just a nurse that doesn't want to spend hard earned money for a cruise and spend it in my room sick!

Ok, so I have my first sign of different practices due to the "Noro"

My daughter n I are at the Aquatheater to watch Cars 3 and I gi to the bar to get a gin n tonic, I ask for olives as well. This is what I get.

6c195e06e01cfb040aa53628936c2d31.jpg

I asked the bartender for a lime, and he says no bars can serve fruit. He said something happened on this cruise, and they can serve fruit at the bars. I asked if it's because people are sick, and he said yes.

Minor inconvenience for me, major for pax who came down with Noro.

Cars 3 at the Aquatheater

14fe979bea99352f57fd8cfe8e5f95d5.jpg

dc59ee2925b57981e2935722d127ab81.jpg

Not many pax here today. We went n saw Wonder Woman in 3D last night at the Opal theater, it was a lot fuller than I expected. Pretty much the whole bottom was filled.

I just spent the afternoon catching up on your posting from the start. Thanks for warming up a grey, cold afternoon here in Seattle. Really appreciate you doing the report. :D
No problem Bill. I always enjoy your West coast tours. I'm guessing your booked on the Ovation by now?

We are at Nachi Cocom and met your daughter and son in law! What a wonderful couple! They did not make the Love and Marriage show.

Having a great time,

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for finding them! Hope you all had an awesome Nachi day!!

Thanks again for the updates on noro precautions being taken, since we board Sunday it gives a a good perspective.

Two other observations...after viewing your pictures... U married WAY ...WAY Up...and thankfully your daughter gets her good looks from her mom....just saying!

Hope the remainder of your cruise is safe and memorable.

Thanks again for the updates on noro precautions being taken, since we board Sunday it gives a a good perspective.

Two other observations...after viewing your pictures... U married WAY ...WAY Up...and thankfully your daughter gets her good looks from her mom....just saying!

Hope the remainder of your cruise is safe and memorable.

Haha, thanks I think [emoji848]

I'm glad too