Live Oasis, Jan 7th 2018 with pics

No problem Bill. I always enjoy your West coast tours. I'm guessing your booked on the Ovation by now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup, booked, paid for and eagerly waiting to fly out to Singapore in 85 days. Not that I am counting. ;p

I’ve loved the review. I was on her in December and miss her.

Will be on her big sister Symphony in May but looking at her transatlantic next April.

Enjoy the rest of your time that beautiful ship. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I don't know how to insert a YouTube vid directly into the part, here is the URL to see a hyperlapse of our departure from Cozumel.

Hope that works

The link works. Cool video. Every time that I embed a YouTube video in a post, I have to figure out how to do it all over again. It's not exactly obvious. You need to paste just the video "number" that's in the URL between the YouTube tags. In your case, the "number" is SuUz9GbOoes. Here's your video embedded here for those who are too lazy to click on a link. :D

SuUz9GbOoes

The link works. Cool video. Every time that I embed a YouTube video in a post, I have to figure out how to do it all over again. It's not exactly obvious. You need to paste just the video "number" that's in the URL between the YouTube tags. In your case, the "number" is SuUz9GbOoes. Here's your video embedded here for those who are too lazy to click on a link. :D

SuUz9GbOoes

Thanks for that. On Tapatalk it seemed what I did worked like you did. But I did notice on my computer it was just a link. There is no YouTube vid button on Tapatalk, I just inserted the link in the bbcode. That seemed to work at least for Tapatalk.

Any problems with noro on the ship right now? Got an email that they are scrubbing down the ship & doing maintenance so not to arrive until noon tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been following the whole post and yes, there are a lot of people sick. One passenger had to get off in Cozumel because he was so sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any problems with noro on the ship right now? Got an email that they are scrubbing down the ship & doing maintenance so not to arrive until noon tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems like a regular cruise to me. Lots of people having fun. No visible signs of Noro or people being sick other than "wash your hands" - make sure you sing it [emoji16]

I have been following the whole post and yes, there are a lot of people sick. One passenger had to get off in Cozumel because he was so sick.

Sounds like the ship is infested. "A lot" is certainly subjective. Could be 5, 50 or 500, no one knows. All I know the ship is bumping with activity this morning. Doesn't feel like a sick ship.

Really enjoying the review. Thanks for taking the time to do all this. We sail on her this March. Going with a boardwalk balcony- a first for us. Usually we do oceanview or outside balcony. This will also be by far the largest ship we have sailed on.

one last question... i noticed on your pic that one of the appetizers last night in MDR was escargot...Like you i probably wouldn't want to spend 2 hours eating but love escargot. Have you seen them elsewhere?

i too have been following this entire report. it certainly has been an outstanding read.

i read about the poor passenger who became ill and had to remain in Cozumel.i hope he and family are doing better.

But am curious about how you determined "a lot of people sick" What number constitutes "a lot"?

i too have been following this entire report. it certainly has been an outstanding read.

i read about the poor passenger who became ill and had to remain in Cozumel.i hope he and family are doing better.

But am curious about how you determined "a lot of people sick" What number constitutes "a lot"?

Our friend was the one onboard who was taken by ambulance off the ship yesterday morning in Cozumel. They feel it was definitely Noro but hospital is calling it gastrointestinal.

We got a text this morning from his wife and he is doing a bit better. She stated there was a very nice gentleman at the hospital whose job it was to help people stranded like they are. He found her a nice bed and breakfast that was only 1 1/2 blocks from the hospital and he even walked her there himself last night.

Their son is flying in today to help them and he should arrive around 2pm.

They do have trip insurance.....thank goodness!! Would appreciate your prayers.

Our friend was the one onboard who was taken by ambulance off the ship yesterday morning in Cozumel. They feel it was definitely Noro but hospital is calling it gastrointestinal.

We got a text this morning from his wife and he is doing a bit better. She stated there was a very nice gentleman at the hospital whose job it was to help people stranded like they are. He found her a nice bed and breakfast that was only 1 1/2 blocks from the hospital and he even walked her there himself last night.

Their son is flying in today to help them and he should arrive around 2pm.

They do have trip insurance.....thank goodness!! Would appreciate your prayers.

Great News! Also really glad they have trip insurance !

For us trip insurance is a must have. your friend is in our prayers.

we board tomorrow and can't wait!

No need to argue what "a lot" might mean. The OP said that the captain made an announcement that a lot of people had gastrointestinal issues. That would be where I read "a lot".

Thanks again for the reports from your cruise. I have a quick question (I think) on your meals. The beef in the photos appeared to be quite rare. (which I like) How did you order it? (i.e. well done, medium rare, rare, still breathing, etc?) DW prefers it to be some pink, but not too rare. Thanks, and enjoy the last day of fun!

Folks can we skip the subjective statements/questions and just enjoy the cruise? :D :D
Thanks Bill, like I said before if there were no announcements about Noro or gastro issues you would never know there are any sick pax on this sailing.

Personally I think it's a combination of both Noro and just the flu.

Thanks again for the reports from your cruise. I have a quick question (I think) on your meals. The beef in the photos appeared to be quite rare. (which I like) How did you order it? (i.e. well done, medium rare, rare, still breathing, etc?) DW prefers it to be some pink, but not too rare. Thanks, and enjoy the last day of fun!
They seem to ask on most of the beef dishes we ordered, meaium rare or medium well, that's it. We always get medium rare anyway. Some of the pics the meat looks really rare but it wasn't. Actually cooked perfectly.