Unable to use next cruise certificates

Tee & Chilli

I’ve tried to think of ways of using these. A friend who sail NCL already have several. I don’t know of anyone else who sails this line. I’ve asked NCL for an extension and the cruises must be booked by the expiration date.

Any suggestions or should I write off the $100 paid. Any success with a refund?

Thanks

Edited by Tee & Chilli

It expires Nov 2018. I think I used the $100 to pay for gratituites but I cannot recall for certain. I asked for an extension and was advised a reservation must be made by November.

You can sell it on ebay or maybe post it on facebook group. There are pleanty of groups for NCL on facebook. I have seen people sell them there.

Or you can book it by November but sail in 2019 or even 2020.

Also from time to time they do allow expired certificates to be used. So even if you can’t get rid of them you might be able to use them in the future.

Probably best to change or alter that to: use them in the IMMEDIATE future

Picture this as a Cinderella certificate that must be used sailing by midnight of the expiration date or else the

certificate becomes worthless as your ship sails away.

The language is pretty clear buy and use the certificates within 4 years.

The certificates are transferable to another NCL Latitudes member very easily - but the expiration date

will not be extended in that situation.

They can be bartered sold ebayed given away but again the expiration date is firm.

Reading further it appears that the OP has a use by November 2018 date - 10 some months away.

Do something timely between now and then to dump unload transfer barter sell ebay give-em away !

Make sure to sell them at the price you paid (50% off face value). People shopping for certs know what the true cost of the certs are.

I don't happen to agree with you on this. I think if OP really can not use the certificate selling it for anything is better than eating it.

Make sure to sell them at the price you paid (50% off face value). People shopping for certs know what the true cost of the certs are.

If you buy only one, you are not paying 50% off the face value. You are paying $150 for a $250 certificate. You do the math.

• 2 weeks later...

$250 FCCs are currently going for about $160 on eBay (bought one yesterday and used it). I don't remember them being much under $200 last time I looked at them. Maybe a lot of people got them as compensation during hurricane season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
good luck, if that doesn't work, go ahead and book a reservation before the Nov for a cruise next year. I am assuming you will certainly be able to cruise sometime next year if not now.

Thanks newmexicoNita, this gives me hope:D. I have a certificate expiring Dec. 1, 2018, I thought I actually had to use it on a cruise sailing by Dec. 1, 2018. Is it stated anywhere that I just have to book a cruise by Dec. 1 even if it is a cruise sailing Feb., 2019? I did not realize I could do that, has anyone done it?

On our last cruise, a few weeks ago, on the Breakaway, they were selling them BOGO free, so you could get up to 4 certificates for the price of 2, with no OBC though. We did buy one and got the second for free.

I didn't know you could sell them though. Good to know if you can't use them.

Cheers

Len

Thanks newmexicoNita, this gives me hope:D. I have a certificate expiring Dec. 1, 2018, I thought I actually had to use it on a cruise sailing by Dec. 1, 2018. Is it stated anywhere that I just have to book a cruise by Dec. 1 even if it is a cruise sailing Feb., 2019? I did not realize I could do that, has anyone done it?

The language on the certificate does say book and sail within four years but several people here have posted that they have been able to book within the 4 years but sail later (outside the 4 year period).

I thought I wouldn't be able to use the two I bought last year on the Escape but I've just booked the Getaway for a little trip with hubby and two youngest kids (we did a similar surprise trip with my two older kids on the Epic many years ago) and applied my two certificates. Even though I'm off the hook, I'd like to hear from people who have successfully booked within four years and sailed later.