Formal nights

Easy way to buy a genuine polo shirt in Thailand is don't buy the Raplh Luaren shirts.;p

They start off as XXL, one wash through the Princess laundry and they are S. Would not fit a 9 year old.:evilsmile: Had a couple of them.

I was on the Radiance in July. I saw everything between Jeanie pants and ball gowns, from khakis to tuxes on formal nights. It was all acceptable until our teen great nephew was turned around at the dining room door for wearing a sleeveless t-shirt on a casual night. He went and changed and all was well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They start off as XXL, one wash through the Princess laundry and they are S. Would not fit a 9 year old.:evilsmile: Had a couple of them.

I brought the subject up as I have a Bro inlaw and his wife living in Thailand. They came for Xmas a few years ago and knowing that I wear the genuine article, spread a heap of bodgy Ralph L polo shirts among the other 6 Bros inlaw. I copped a heap of good natured stirring about the price difference until I asked for someone to donate one of their shirts for an explanation.

I then proceeded to put both shirts through the washer and drier, with the expected result.

I was told that they would be OK if not put through the drier, and my reply was that I had shirts that had been washed over 20 times, and that they should bring one of their shirts for pilling comparison after 3 or 4 washes, mine have none.

I brought the subject up as I have a Bro inlaw and his wife living in Thailand. They came for Xmas a few years ago and knowing that I wear the genuine article, spread a heap of bodgy Ralph L polo shirts among the other 6 Bros inlaw. I copped a heap of good natured stirring about the price difference until I asked for someone to donate one of their shirts for an explanation.

I then proceeded to put both shirts through the washer and drier, with the expected result.

I was told that they would be OK if not put through the drier, and my reply was that I had shirts that had been washed over 20 times, and that they should bring one of their shirts for pilling comparison after 3 or 4 washes, mine have none.

Now that would not happen to a Lowes polo shirt, they are quality for $9 on 'spethial.':') Actually I think the ship's buffets and laundry are contributing factors to shrinkage to one cruise clothes, lol. Perhaps it is time to visit the big mans section at Lowes for my cruise clothes, XXXXL might shrink to XXL lol.

They go really well with my Rollex watch :cool:

Actually they do, :D

My genuine fake Rolex ($20) from there has almost quadrupled in value since I have replaced the band ($35) and two batteries ($8 each) so far. A great looking travel watch that has served me well for nearly 12 years.

Actually they do, :D

My genuine fake Rolex ($20) from there has almost quadrupled in value since I have replaced the band ($35) and two batteries ($8 each) so far. A great looking travel watch that has served me well for nearly 12 years.

Only the very cheap imitation Rolex have quartz movements in them, the biggest give away for a fake is the tick tick of the second hand, Rolex work on 8 beats per second. Some lesser movements work on 6 beats per second, but the smoothest of them all is the Grand Seiko Spring drive with a continuous smooth sweep.

Surprisingly enough some of the fake watches have pretty good movements in them.

Would you like to guess what my main hobby is?

Only the very cheap imitation Rolex have quartz movements in them, the biggest give away for a fake is the tick tick of the second hand, Rolex work on 8 beats per second. Some lesser movements work on 6 beats per second, but the smoothest of them all is the Grand Seiko Spring drive with a continuous smooth sweep.

Surprisingly enough some of the fake watches have pretty good movements in them.

Actually Rolex did make a Quartz movement for a very short while, back during the "Quartz Panic" when Seiko started releasing quarts watches and all the "cheapies" started to appear. For a comparatively short time Switzerland thought that it was the end of the world as they new it, and a few high end brands produced quarts watches of their own. They soon realised that there was indeed still a demand for quality automatic mechanical watches and ceased production of quartz.

The Rolex is called an Oysterquartz, it has a distinctive bracelet, they are very limited in number, and if you have one it is certainly valuable to some collectors.

Thou art a Watch Maker of some repute, Russell.;p

Give me some time to guess.

Is it Chronology?

Computer problems now over,may the" low lives"who hack crawl back under their rock,or perhaps get a life.Sorry end of rant.Cruising next month so got the magic Robert Huntley pinstripe grey suit out for inspection.Magnificent piece of cloth, impervious to Red and White Wine, Beer Cider Sauce or Food droppings. Looks as good as the day it was purchased, along with the $29.95 Shirt and Tie options from Lowes what more could a modest cruiser want for the MDR,well maybe a fake Rolex!! Long Live Lowes and the Robert Huntley

Computer problems now over,may the" low lives"who hack crawl back under their rock,or perhaps get a life.Sorry end of rant.Cruising next month so got the magic Robert Huntley pinstripe grey suit out for inspection.Magnificent piece of cloth, impervious to Red and White Wine, Beer Cider Sauce or Food droppings. Looks as good as the day it was purchased, along with the $29.95 Shirt and Tie options from Lowes what more could a modest cruiser want for the MDR,well maybe a fake Rolex!! Long Live Lowes and the Robert Huntley

Well done old son, wear the Lowes suit with pride and just glare at those 'not regimentally dressed.' The Robert Huntley suits are wine and food repellent too, trust me. Above all, enjoy !!! If it shrinks in the sea air, just pop back into Lowes.:cool:

Yes, I was forgetting the 'free tie' with the Lowes business shirt set. I think mine was $19.99 on 'spethial, plus Lowes Card 5% discount. I passed on the $29.99 Lowes synthetic shoes though, I do prefer Florsheim leather, which I purchase for $99.99 from Harris Scarfe, another fine gentleman's outfitter in the Colonies.

LOL,

Psst, wanna buy a watch.

I could write you at least 10 pages on the perils and dangers of doing just that simple thing, even in a reputable shop.;p

The most honest watch you can buy is something the likes of the $9.00 Kmart Chinese stuff. Keeps surprisingly good time, and when the battery goes flat in about 12 months throw it away and buy another one. 10 years for $90.00 is cheaper than the watch you paid $300.00 for which is now battered and worn out after 10 years. Better still, use your phone as a watch, most people seem to never let go of their phones these days.

Watches these days, particularly the more expensive ones, are worn more as jewellery than any thing else.

Edited by Russell21

Watches these days, particularly the more expensive ones, are worn more as jewellery than any thing else.

I find a watch most useful on cruises. No phone to tell me when the afternoon trivia starts. Very few clocks on each deck.

A watch is the only way I can turn up at the right time for anything.

I could write you at least 10 pages on the perils and dangers of doing just that simple thing, even in a reputable shop.;p

The most honest watch you can buy is something the likes of the $9.00 Kmart Chinese stuff. Keeps surprisingly good time, and when the battery goes flat in about 12 months throw it away and buy another one. 10 years for $90.00 is cheaper than the watch you paid $300.00 for which is now battered and worn out after 10 years. Better still, use your phone as a watch, most people seem to never let go of their phones these days.

Put me down as one of those for whom a watch will never be replaced by a phone. So easy to look at the wrist rather than pull out a phone.

I’ve got ones that cost a couple of bucks to a couple of grand.

Lately it’s smart watches.