Are they crazy with these prices??

champagne123

vtcruising, I understand your excitement about watching the ship evolve via Lloyd’s excellent thread. I too find it exciting. Yes, this new ship’s fares are costly, and yes there will be whiners who come forth to complain that they didn’t have a perfect experience. So what? There will also be several thousand people who have a fabulous experience, or at least a very good experience. I hope you have a wonderful time on your three-day voyages, and I’ll look forward to your evaluation of your Edge experiences:)

vtcruising, I understand your excitement about watching the ship evolve via Lloyd’s excellent thread. I too find it exciting. Yes, this new ship’s fares are costly, and yes there will be whiners who come forth to complain that they didn’t have a perfect experience. So what? There will also be several thousand people who have a fabulous experience, or at least a very good experience. I hope you have a wonderful time on your three-day voyages, and I’ll look forward to your evaluation of your Edge experiences:)

Thanks, Silkroad! The hard part will be waiting 314 more days!

Yesterday I canceled an Aft corner S-1 (Sky Suite) for late March because the dates didn't work out for us when DW's work schedule for then was released. We had booked for $3100 PP and when the cabin went back on the market it was 5200 PP and it's gone today. Makes me think I should have bartered with them before canceling;p

Money is not a problem, at least to us, the value you receive for the product must be inline with the cost. The pricing listed is not even close to the value you receive. The way things are now, that could be said about 90% of the cruises offered. You can complain, and still pay, or sit back and see if it changes, like some of us. If it doesn’t change, no big deal.

I imagine the people who booked the Edge when it first came out, hoping to get on the maiden voyages, can’t be too happy.

Oooo if money isn't any problem can you take us too :)

I wonder how the folks who booked the "Original Inaugural Cruise" December 16, feel about the "New Inaugural 7 day Cruise", December 9?

I think there are going to be some unhappy campers there.

"Thanks to the amazing work of the STX France shipyard team, the industry-changing Celebrity Edge is now scheduled to arrive much earlier than anticipated, which gave us the opportunity to offer not one, but two maiden voyages," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises in a news release.

Two maiden voyages!

You can't make this stuff up!

Perhaps Lisa Lutoff-Perlo should move to the Disney Cruise Line.... She's obviously into Micky Mouse pricing and her accountants may well be Dumbos from Pluto. Any more?

It appears from the comments above that people are willing to pay these prices, so I guess they are not crazy (unfortunately).

They're no fools. They wouldn't be charging that much if there wasn't demand at that price. If a sailing is selling slower than they like, prices go down. If a sailing is selling fast, as I'd guess is the case with this ship, prices go up.

This isn't their first rodeo. They know exactly what they are doing.