Exchange complimentary bar set up for coffee cards

CQG67

i have been told by several people that I can exchange my bar set up for a coffee card or cards. We have always used the bar set up but my cruise on Friday I don't want it or to exchange any of the items for sodas or water. I would like the coffee card. How do I do this? Do I call room service and have them take care of it or do I do it through guest services? Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get 1 coffee card and half soft drinks?

It has always been a total breakdown of the set-up for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards for us. The coffee cards are a very good value for the set-up exchange.

We’ve always (mostly!) exchanged for the 2 coffee cards and keep them for future uses and even to give away to someone we meet. They’ve always been left blank: no voyage number or ship name noted.

HOWEVER: on 1/3/18 (mid-cruise) we finally decided we weren’t going to use the mini bar & called for coffee card exchange. It was timely BUT...both cards were marked for this cruise!!!!

I immediately called room service & was told it was a change in company policy. I said I understand that changes can occur but should have been told. She said she’d have her supervisor call. Received a call from unknown extension with no message left that evening. Received second call on 1/4 with a message left for me.

I called back and explained that I should have been told cards have voyage info and asked if I was ok with that or did I want to swap for wine, etc. and that by giving me the policy change & options, they’d have provided good customer service. Conversation went on and I won’t go into whole thing but I did state I wouldn’t have gotten 2 cards specific to this cruise halfway through cruise. Get this: he said “you didn’t get the exchange halfway but 3 days ago”! We sailed on 12/30 & I asked for swap on afternoon of 1/3; I’m talking to guy on 1/4!! I had to explain the calendar system at that point—lol. Anyway, I said we’d prefer a wine & said which one; he said he’d have to speak with someone else as the 2 cards have been signed out (now had to explain how accounting works—not really but considered it!). The did deliver the wine & took the cards.

Bottom line: if swapping for 2 cards, make sure you will use both enough for brewed coffee (yes, I know the punches don’t expire) for your current cruise. You may decide that a different swap is better than cards depending on your specific situation.

Bottom line: if swapping for 2 cards, make sure you will use both enough for brewed coffee (yes, I know the punches don’t expire) for your current cruise. You may decide that a different swap is better than cards depending on your specific situation.

I guess this makes them harder to sell on eBay.

Certainly a benefit to princess. Maybe they really do read these boards.

We’ve always (mostly!) exchanged for the 2 coffee cards and keep them for future uses and even to give away to someone we meet. They’ve always been left blank: no voyage number or ship name noted.

HOWEVER: on 1/3/18 (mid-cruise) we finally decided we weren’t going to use the mini bar & called for coffee card exchange. It was timely BUT...both cards were marked for this cruise!!!!

I immediately called room service & was told it was a change in company policy. I said I understand that changes can occur but should have been told. She said she’d have her supervisor call. Received a call from unknown extension with no message left that evening. Received second call on 1/4 with a message left for me.

I called back and explained that I should have been told cards have voyage info and asked if I was ok with that or did I want to swap for wine, etc. and that by giving me the policy change & options, they’d have provided good customer service. Conversation went on and I won’t go into whole thing but I did state I wouldn’t have gotten 2 cards specific to this cruise halfway through cruise. Get this: he said “you didn’t get the exchange halfway but 3 days ago”! We sailed on 12/30 & I asked for swap on afternoon of 1/3; I’m talking to guy on 1/4!! I had to explain the calendar system at that point—lol. Anyway, I said we’d prefer a wine & said which one; he said he’d have to speak with someone else as the 2 cards have been signed out (now had to explain how accounting works—not really but considered it!). The did deliver the wine & took the cards.

Marking the cards with the ship and/or date or voyage number has been reported for a few months here. It's kind of like the new policy about not being able to use a punch for gelato on the Regal and Royal--something that happened and rolled out inconsistently.

I enjoyed the Mighty Leaf tea a few times. I'll bring my own teabags on our next cruise since the cards from the Royal won't be good for that anymore. We got the new cards primarily for DH to use on future cruises for his after-dinner cappuccinos. He doesn't drink the brewed coffee. We have enough punches between the two new cards and his leftover card from the CB to use for our next three or four cruises.

I think you can blame people who abuse this perk by selling the cards on ebay.

The free minibar for elite is meant to be a perk onboard for elite members. I appreciate that Princess has added the option of exchanging the minibar for coffee cards which is especially appreciated for those of us who don't drink.

The coffee cards were not meant to be a money making opportunity by elite members who choose to sell the cards on ebay thus taking away revenue from Princess.

Marking the cards has been done for awhile. I think instead of complaining about them being marked on the back we should be glad that Princess offers the coffee cards as a perk.

Selling them will no longer be an option when the ***** cuts in full operation since the cardboard cards won't be issued any more.

Everything will be controlled by the computer.

The best thing to do if you want to sell or pass on a card is to only use one card on the ship for all punches & the other card for brewed coffee/tea not requiring a punch. (providing you don't finish all punches on 1 card)

This way it's easier to sell on eBay even though the back may or may not be marked with the ship & voyage.

People don't like to buy a partially used card.

Thanks for the info. I simply want to use my coffee card on the cruise and have no intention of selling it on eBay or anywhere. I wouldn't. I d if I could carry it over and use it on my princess cruise in May but if not so be it. It's a free perk.

Thanks for the info. I simply want to use my coffee card on the cruise and have no intention of selling it on eBay or anywhere. I wouldn't. I d if I could carry it over and use it on my princess cruise in May but if not so be it. It's a free perk.

There's no problem at all in using the card on a future cruise...it's just that they might not honor the unlimited brewed coffee on some ships.

On the Regal & Royal they're a little more lenient since they serve the same free coffee in the Horizon. (especially early mornings)

On the older ships they have the free brewed coffee at the iC and the nasty liquid coffee in the Horizon.

What's a coffee card?! New to Princess - haven't sailed yet!
It's a card with 15 little symbols on it. They punch out a symbol when you order a specialty coffee at the International Café or in the dining room instead of charging you for it. During the cruise on which you purchase a coffee card, you can also get free (no punch) fresh brewed coffee, a better quality hot tea, and hot cocoa at the International Café.