Anyone know which Carnival Ships offer free Steam or Sauna?

Roger Doger

I am trying to pull together a list of ships that still offer free steam and/or sauna. Your input would be greatly appreciated. It would be much easier to look at one list rather than sort through dozens or hundreds of posts to obtain this info. There is a space there to note other features as well. This list is for both Men and Women. It is in Excel format. Please feel free to edit with your knowledge of various ships. Please date any changes you make so we can keep the list up to date. If you are not familiar how to edit the list, please just post within that thread and I will be happy to edit with your changes.

See the thread: List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna located within the Special Interest Cruising under Fitness, Spa & Sports cruises.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rog

I'm pretty sure it's available on all of them

Nearly all cruise lines have started charging for this on their newer ships. So while it may be available, it will cost you a few hundred dollars to use them. I am seeking info on the ships that still offer this for free.

Nearly all cruise lines have started charging for this on their newer ships. So while it may be available, it will cost you a few hundred dollars to use them. I am seeking info on the ships that still offer this for free.

Every ship in Carnival's fleet has a free sauna in the locker room area. The ships with Cloud 9 Spa offer steam rooms at an additional fee.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Every ship I've been on (7 Carnival ships so far of varying classes) has had free steam rooms and saunas in the locker areas of the gym, free of charge. These were segregated by sex.

Ships with the Cloud 9 Spa also have the Thermal Suites, which are a more premium sauna experience, at an extra charge. These areas are co-ed and swimsuits or other appropriate coverings are required.

Even on the ships with the Cloud 9 Spa Thermal Suites, they additionally had the free sauna and steam room in the locker areas for men and women, which could be used at no charge, even if it was located in the spa area.

Edit: The ships I've been on so far are: Pride, Glory, Liberty, Splendor, Breeze, Sunshine, and Legend.

Edited by EdmundXXIII
Additional Information
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

vista has a very small sauna in the locker rooms, but no steam room. to use the steam room you must buy the thermal spa package.

I really do not like the thermal spa idea.

they are filled with people that have no idea how to act in a spa, they are bringing in drinks, cell phones are are loud and rude. a spa is to relax not listen to some lady blab on her cell phone swilling the drink of the day in a funnel cup.

second, who wants to sit in a steam room with anything on except a towel? really.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked the Excel spreadsheet but didn't see any listings for Carnival or Carnival Pride. Traveling on the Carnival Pride 9/16/18. After the renovations, does it still have free steam and free sauna near the men's locker room?

We're sailing on the Magic and we purchased a spa pass which includes access to the saunas, steam room, thalosotherapy pool. This ship has a Cloud 9 Spa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

The Magic has a small sauna in the men's locker room. I have sailed Magic twice this year. Both times the sauna in the locker room was way hotter than the sauna in the thermal suite area. The sauna in the thermal area is between the heated lounge chairs room and one of the steam rooms. The sauna wasn't much warmer than the room with the heated lounge chairs. Both steam rooms were very hot, to the point I couldn't stay in there too long (which is a good thing).

All of these rooms have names, I just never remember them except for the thalassotherapy pool.

I checked the Excel spreadsheet but didn't see any listings for Carnival or Carnival Pride. Traveling on the Carnival Pride 9/16/18. After the renovations, does it still have free steam and free sauna near the men's locker room?

We are sailing with you on the 16th:cool:

When we cruised on the Pride earlier this year there was a steam room and a sauna room near the women's locker room. I'd assume they have them on the men's side also. There is also a jacuzzi inside the fitness center.

• 3 years later...
18 minutes ago, saunaman said:

I've heard that the mardi gras and the upcoming celebration have done away with the free ones in the changing rooms.....can anyone confirm that?
it would almost be a deal breaker for me if that was the case.

Maybe? The locker room seems to be outside the Thermal Suite, and it says there is a his and hers sauna on all 12 ships with a Cloud 9 Spa. So to me that would indicate that a sauna is indeed in there.

1 hour ago, saunaman said:

I've heard that the mardi gras and the upcoming celebration have done away with the free ones in the changing rooms.....can anyone confirm that?

There is a coed sauna just beyond the Cloud 9 Spa Locker rooms. It is available for everyone to use,even if you don't have a Thermal suite pass. The Sunrise is a similar design. I don't know about the Panorama. All other ships have at least a sauna in the locker room.

Edited by kwokpot

57 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Maybe? The locker room seems to be outside the Thermal Suite, and it says there is a his and hers sauna on all 12 ships with a Cloud 9 Spa. So to me that would indicate that a sauna is indeed in there.

That's incorrect. Sunrise and Mardi Gras have a coed sauna. I don't know about the Panorama. I think the Carnival Radiance will follow the Sunrise design. Otherwise, that statement is correct.

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That's incorrect. Sunrise and Mardi Gras have a coed sauna. I don't know about the Panorama. I think the Carnival Radiance will follow the Sunrise design. Otherwise, that statement is correct.

Cloud 9 Spa Features
Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm 

2 Saunas (men/women)
Ships: All twelve ships  

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1167/~/cloud-9-spa

I know Mardi Gras has the Salt Therapy Sauna that is co-ed, but Carnival definitely makes it seem like there should also be 2 regular saunas.

7 hours ago, saunaman said:

I was just on the Mardi Gras there was not a free steam room or sauna. You had to have you Cloud 9 pass to get to this area.

I remember the days of the STEAM ROOM......with windows looking out to see on Carnival. Can't recall which ship, but was by far the best of the best experience and FREE.......now the only free experience is the sauna/closet in the locker room   Was it the Glory that had the STEAM ROOM mentioned above.?