Maasdam's EXC In Depth Voyages for 2018-2019

St Pete Cruiser

A new brochure came today from HAL with details of Maasdam's new itinaries starting Sept 10, 2018. Very Interesting! Definitely something new for one of the fleets oldest ships (Maasdam circa 1993). Leaving Ft Lauderdale and not returning to the US until May 2019 into San Francisco 239 days later. I would like to do most of it as it covers much of what I haven't done. It doesn't quote a price for the entire schedule; I'm sure some of our healthy and wealthy will book the entire trip.

A new brochure came today from HAL with details of Maasdam's new itinaries starting Sept 10, 2018. Very Interesting! Definitely something new for one of the fleets oldest ships (Maasdam circa 1993). Leaving Ft Lauderdale and not returning to the US until May 2019 into San Francisco 239 days later. I would like to do most of it as it covers much of what I haven't done. It doesn't quote a price for the entire schedule; I'm sure some of our healthy and wealthy will book the entire trip.

Is this brochure available for download, or only sent by mail as hard copy?

I received the hard-copy Maasdam brochure for the EXC (Explorations Central) in-depth voyages several days ago. I'm wondering if the mailing is initially targeted at those of us who have either cruised on Maasdam, or have expressed a preference for smaller, more unusual ship's tours on our post-cruise surveys? I think it's a brilliant idea and use for the smaller, older ships. The HAL website has a link titled "Your Journey Your Passion, Explore EXC In-Depth Voyages" on their main page, for those who might be interested and haven't yet received the brochure.

We received the brochure the day after we booked the first leg, FLL to Papeete. Maybe it is being sent to those who have recently returned from a cruise and haven’t booked another yet. We returned from a Prinsendam cruise on Nov. 18th.

Dan

I'm booked on the 41 night Brisbane, AU to San Francisco. Love that part of the world!

We also booked that cruise. Now we shall pray that HAL offers some kind of decent Business Class Air Fare to Brisbane :).

Hank

We received the brochure the day after we booked the first leg, FLL to Papeete. Maybe it is being sent to those who have recently returned from a cruise and haven’t booked another yet. We returned from a Prinsendam cruise on Nov. 18th.

Dan

I really wish that first leg were shorter, because the Panama Canal trip I really want to take turns left at Panama City, not right. And maybe actually stops there too. Alas, there's no way I can do 34 days or whatever it is at this point in my life despite the fabulous itinerary.

Will say though that even though she won't be doing the EXC voyages yet, I'm very much looking forward to sailing on Maasdam again in April. And we've also booked the three week Alaska/Pacific Northwest cruise in May/June 2019 that right now isn't technically part of the EXC program but hopefully things go well and they do offer that sort of experience during that cruise as well. Maasdam is a good ship and I'm very pleased that she's both staying with the fleet and offering what I hope will be a cruise experience that much better matches my idea of an ideal cruise.

We’re booked for two cruises on the Maasdam: one starting 10 Sept 2018 after a drydock and then again in January 2019 to Sri Lanka. We really enjoyed 60 days on it back in 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re booked for two cruises on the Maasdam: one starting 10 Sept 2018 after a drydock and then again in January 2019 to Sri Lanka. We really enjoyed 60 days on it back in 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know what is being done in dry dock? I do not see it listed on the schedule.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like there is interest in the "New" Maasdam itinaries. It does indicate that one difference will be local talent and regional entertainers in place of the usual production shows in the evenings. I wasn't aware that zodiacs (and cranes) will be added, but that would further enhance the exploration mode in some locales.

There are many cruise ships out there older than Maasdam, but maintenance and renovation becomes a must if they are satisfactory. Really good AC becomes a necessity for this South Pacific/Southeast Asia route. HAL did not have Veendam/Maasdam on the list of ships to remodel suites, which they should do if they are staying, too.

Keep us posted if you are in the know.

One last note: The S class ships are still being pictured on the HAL sights and art work. I like the vista and newer ships, but still think the old S class are sleeker than more nautically correct.