Live diary from the Regal Princess - Jan 14-28, 2018

lor74

We are also on board- did last week and doing 14 more days. We arrived last week at 11:30 and boarding was well under way for all passengers.

Today there were 666 passengers in transit. As usual some passengers kept ignoring the 'its time to leave' messages thus holding up all 'in-transit' passengers. With so many 'in transit' we were all sent to the theatre and immigration was done there - much better than having so many people going into the terminal.

We had to change cabins this morning. We left everything in the cabin ready to move and once we were done with the immigration we went to the new cabin and everything had been moved. Just like last week the safe in the cabin had been left locked by the departing passengers.

Tonight's entertainer was Robbie Printz - he was Princess 2016 Entertainer of the Year - great show and he will be doing another show later this week.

9a9e182b99feb191d12c0420a5a3dfdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

uh..oh.. I may need to purchase some more OBC. Jean tried to get me to go here on the Royal, but I had never seen the menu. I will need to find a friend that will go with me.

Wow! anticipation has just been ramped up.

jim:):):cool::cocktail::wine-glass:

We are also on this cruise and so far enjoying every minute. Much to my surprise we were sent to the Medallion area for embarkation and we have the ocean medallion. So far it has worked quite well and everyone knows who we are when we get close to them. Went to Alfredo's last nite and they greeted us by name just by seeing our pix pop up for the Medallion!

Super entertainment music in the piazza after boarding and the food in Alfredo's was terrific. Love our cabin (Lido deck) and really enjoyed watching Churchill before bed last nite - great movie about the days before the invasion. Our cabin steward is Ranjit and he is awesome.

We are also on this cruise and so far enjoying every minute. Much to my surprise we were sent to the Medallion area for embarkation and we have the ocean medallion. So far it has worked quite well and everyone knows who we are when we get close to them. Went to Alfredo's last nite and they greeted us by name just by seeing our pix pop up for the Medallion!

Super entertainment music in the piazza after boarding and the food in Alfredo's was terrific. Love our cabin (Lido deck) and really enjoyed watching Churchill before bed last nite - great movie about the days before the invasion. Our cabin steward is Ranjit and he is awesome.

Clampram, we are in a mini-suite on the Lido deck next week for our first Princess Cruise (been on RCI, Carnival, and Holland America). We also are supposed to get the Medallion, so I am so happy to hear you love the cabin on Lido, and that the Medallion seems to be working good for you!

Today started without any chocolate glazed donuts...the horror [emoji33]. Oh well, I guess it is a sign to go exercise instead. Ro got me a coffee, and I went up and ran a mile/7 laps. I am now sitting on a tender...Elite perk, just walk right on. It is currently cloudy. I am going to go for an ocean swim, eat at the BBQ, and then get mentality prepared for what I am led to believe is the Italian buffet tonight....how many calories can I burn before that meal....not enough!!!

Today started without any chocolate glazed donuts...the horror [emoji33]. Oh well, I guess it is a sign to go exercise instead. Ro got me a coffee, and I went up and ran a mile/7 laps. I am now sitting on a tender...Elite perk, just walk right on. It is currently cloudy. I am going to go for an ocean swim, eat at the BBQ, and then get mentality prepared for what I am led to believe is the Italian buffet tonight....how many calories can I burn before that meal....not enough!!!

OP;

Sounds like a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Hey OP,

My mother and her friend from Toronto will be joining you on the second leg of your B2B, so I am following your live report with great interest :) My family are seasoned cruisers, but, for her, this will be the first time to sail with Princess. I hope you have a great day at Princess Cays today!

Thank you so much for posting the Princess Patters btw :)

Wow, they have the Winston Churchill movie on the stateroom TVs already?? Around here that movie (which by the way is excellent!) is still in the theaters!

The film is called Darkest Hour :) I saw it during TIFF 2017 in September, and Gary Oldman was absolutely fantastic! That's good to know that Regal is screening it onboard, I'll have to let my mom, who is sailing on the January 21st cruise, know :D

Positive feedback at last! I assume that means you have no problem opening your cabin door. Will be interested to know if you can use it elsewhere like in bars and shops and when disembarking the ship at ports. Or anywhere else!

Sandra

Edited by dides

This is fantastic reading! Thank you so much. We have only sailed once on RCI and are greatly anticipating our Feb. 25 Regal cruise. You are posting so much useful planning material here, again thank you!

Just one question if you can answer sometime during this posting, how much is gelato?