Unlimited Internet

Ernie G

Quick question - can you purchase the unlimited internet package, can more than 1 person use it? The PRINCESS representative told me that more than 1 person could be signed on to account at a time. I've not cruised on PRINCESS in a few years, but I don't think that's the case on other cruise lines.

Any info is appreciated.

Quick question - can you purchase the unlimited internet package, can more than 1 person use it? The PRINCESS representative told me that more than 1 person could be signed on to account at a time. I've not cruised on PRINCESS in a few years, but I don't think that's the case on other cruise lines.

Any info is appreciated.

The way it worked on the Regal in December this was possible. When logging in it asks your room number, last name, and dob. Make sure you use this same information when logging in from the next device. It will give you a message that a device is already connected (if you have not logged off prior to this) and alerts you this device will be logged out and the current device will be logged in. Just be careful to use the correct date of birth or you may end up

Creating an additional account. Hopefully this makes sense, let me know if you have any additional questions!

On RCCL and NCL you could log on and off, but only one device at a time. The system did not lock you into just one device. I have not seen just one device on any cruise line.

I used 7GB in 11 days my last NCL cruise as a reference and that was slow dial up.

Unlimited internet package? It didn't show up on the web site when I looked a minute ago and wasn't available on our last cruise. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I think it's currently only being offered on the Regal.

I used 7GB in 11 days my last NCL cruise as a reference and that was slow dial up.

That's obscene. I bought a 1gb package for daughter for a 14 night cruise on DCL and she had almost half of it remaining at the end of the cruise. She spent A LOT of time on line, but was not video streaming. In contrast, I bought her the biggest Princess package available for 9 and 11 night cruises and it "worked," but she had to be very stingy with her minutes. And the two Princess packages cost a lot more than the DCL package.

That's obscene. I bought a 1gb package for daughter for a 14 night cruise on DCL and she had almost half of it remaining at the end of the cruise. She spent A LOT of time on line' date=' but was not video streaming. In contrast, I bought her the biggest Princess package available for 9 and 11 night cruises and it "worked," but she had to be very stingy with her minutes. And the two Princess packages cost a lot more than the DCL package.[/quote']

You might find that unlimited Internet on Princess will cost even more:

89892b75b6cd475939f0c0d90848bfa7.jpg

Right now it is offered only on the Regal which is implementing *****. In order to set up *****, a more robust intranet structure must be installed. With that Princess is installing new satellite internet structure which allows them to offer faster internet and the new packages. The current intranet structure and the internet connection are all out dated so it is time for Princess to get a better offering. As ***** spreads to other ships, so will the internet offerings to the pax.

On the Regal, last week, it was 9.95 per day for unlimited internet per device 24.95 for 4 devices connected. Platinum, Elite was free for one device. It was fantastic. It was as good or better than 4G LTE speeds IMHO.

framer

I had the surf package on the Grand. The were running a special of $99 for a week of the middle level (surf above). Worked great and switched between 2 devices, though only one at a time. So it is on at least one other besides Regal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on Grand Princess in December. The process was that one person could connect to the ship wifi and create an account and password. Just that (without purchasing anything at all) lets you see the daily schedule and other local ship stuff. You could buy an unlimited package for either one day (24 hours from creation time), or for the remainder for the cruise. (I presume you could also buy multiple, separate days, but I didn't check that). There was a discount over the one day price if you bought the remainder for the cruise package. And yes, you can share. Only one can be connected at a time. You log in with whichever userid bought the package. The person logging in can also bump the other off.

According to the internet manager, the differences between the several unlimited packages were that the least expensive (social) packages could only connect to social sites (facebook, twitter, instagram and maybe others, but specifically not e-mail, like gmail). The surf package could connect to anything except streaming sites (although I connected to youtube and skype without a problem; netflix was blocked). Premium could supposedly connect to anything. Also, according to the manager, all of the "unlimited" packages are really limited to an allowance of a variable number of MBs per day (200, 300, and 500, IIRC, depending on the package). After that, you are throttled to some much lower rate for the rest of the day (so, technically unlimited, I guess). If you aren't throttled, all the service is at "full" speed, regardless of package. It doesn't say on the flyer that the quantity is limited, but he said it was. If the speed was high enough that you could actually move 100's of MB, I'd be upset, but practically, it would be impossible to download even 200MB in a day, based on my experience.

The speed I observed in a couple tests were quite slow, compared to 4G LTE cell phones and any DSL or cable internet connections. I observed speedtest.net 750ms ping times and 370kbps downlink and 250kbps uplink. A single test to netflix's fast.com showed 68kbps downlink. My one skype phone call worked fine. I think anyone trying to stream content would be very disappointed.

There are additional pricing considerations for platinum/elites who get some free minutes of connect time (in our case, 250). They get EITHER 250 minutes of connect time OR 20% off any of the packages. Plat/elites can also buy additional connect minutes (we could buy 200 for $40 or 100 for $25 or just use the 250). We had 2 platinums and our strategy was to first use one 250 minute package "sparingly" until that was used up, then buy a "rest of cruise" package for 20% off the rest-of-cruise package.

I had the surf package on the Grand. The were running a special of $99 for a week of the middle level (surf above). Worked great and switched between 2 devices, though only one at a time. So it is on at least one other besides Regal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any chance that this is available on the Ruby yet?

• 2 weeks later...