Refreshment package

Does anyone know if the freestyle machines are included in the Deluxe package??

Freestyle machine are included in every unlimited beverage package, as long the ship has Freestyle machines.

Are the prices of each package not available to view on RCCI's website? I mean, prior to booking? I was trying to get an idea on what the costs are

No, you need to have a cruise booked to see the prices for your specific cruise. An alternative is to post a message on the Roll Call asking another person on that cruise to take a look at thier Cruise Planner.

My husband and I have purchased a drink package, but trying to decide if I want to purchase one for my son. If he is at the teen club or getting a snack and a drink, does it just charge to our room account? Also, does the 18% gratuity also automatically charge each time he purchases something?

Thanks!

My husband and I have purchased a drink package, but trying to decide if I want to purchase one for my son. If he is at the teen club or getting a snack and a drink, does it just charge to our room account? Also, does the 18% gratuity also automatically charge each time he purchases something?

Thanks!

Yes to both questions.

Thanks!

Yes, if you give him charging privileges on his sea pass. When my son was a teen and sailed with us, we always got him a soda package, so he could just grab a soda anytime he wanted. We always taught him if he put his drink down and went to play a game or something, he couldn't pick it back up and drink it because you never know what others are up to. He didn't have to worry about wasting money, because he had the package. We didn't have to worry, because we knew he wouldn't pick up a possibly tainted drink.:)

• 1 month later...

On this topic, I am on my Cruise Planner right now and the Refreshment Package is $18/day, which seems to be the best price. I'm still on the fence, so could I buy it to lock in the price and cancel before the cruise if I change my mind?

Last year, I just got the Soda Package and drank 10+ sodas/day, but these days I'm trying to cut back on the sugar a little, though the thought of Fresh OJ, Premium Teas, and some Frozen drinks sounds pretty good. Also, I know it's been discussed, but I do not see smoothies listed on the Package. Is that considered a NA Cocktail, or have they changed it being included?

So the refreshment/deluxe includes smoothies. Does it include milkshakes? I haven't had the drink package on the larger ships so milkshakes were never an option!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have heard mixed results, but Johnny rockets offered that we got free shakes with my refreshment and my wife's deluxe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

On this topic, I am on my Cruise Planner right now and the Refreshment Package is $18/day, which seems to be the best price. I'm still on the fence, so could I buy it to lock in the price and cancel before the cruise if I change my mind?

Last year, I just got the Soda Package and drank 10+ sodas/day, but these days I'm trying to cut back on the sugar a little, though the thought of Fresh OJ, Premium Teas, and some Frozen drinks sounds pretty good. Also, I know it's been discussed, but I do not see smoothies listed on the Package. Is that considered a NA Cocktail, or have they changed it being included?

You can cancel up until 72 hours before the cruise I believe.

For a person that is not a soda drinker or coffee the package is not worth it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not really true. Lots of people enjoy fresh squeezed OJ, smoothies, nonalcoholic cocktails, bottled water, etc. a lot of possibilities in addition to the soda and specialty coffee.

So the refreshment/deluxe includes smoothies. Does it include milkshakes? I haven't had the drink package on the larger ships so milkshakes were never an option!

There may be exceptions, but milkshakes are not supposed to be incluided.

Have heard mixed results, but Johnny rockets offered that we got free shakes with my refreshment and my wife's deluxe.

Sweet! Though this will mean my nieces will be attached to me like I'm their favorite if I ever get one around them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I ONLY drink water and coffee and my husband only drinks water and iced tea. We don't drink alcohol or soda. We aren't really interested in juices, soda or smoothies. So, we do NOT need a drink package, right? There is filtered water, coffee and tea (is it hot tea or iced tea) INCLUDED in the main cruise charge, right? We can bring a reusable water bottle and coffee mug and refill as much as we want, right? If we bought a drink it would just be an individual charge on our pass, right? Travel agent is pushing drink package but I don't think we NEED it!

I ONLY drink water and coffee and my husband only drinks water and iced tea. We don't drink alcohol or soda. We aren't really interested in juices, soda or smoothies. So, we do NOT need a drink package, right? There is filtered water, coffee and tea (is it hot tea or iced tea) INCLUDED in the main cruise charge, right? We can bring a reusable water bottle and coffee mug and refill as much as we want, right? If we bought a drink it would just be an individual charge on our pass, right? Travel agent is pushing drink package but I don't think we NEED it!

Agree.

Beverages included in your basic cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juice at breakfast.

Beverages included in your basic cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juice at breakfast.

...and hot chocolate (powder in hot water-version)

We thought that the water from the machine (the one with lemonade) tasted better than the tap water. It may have been a different kind.