DETAILED Questions on Non-Alcoholic Refreshment Package - Oasis of the Sease

Hello! Sorry for the typo in the thread title. Maybe it will attract attention to stupid little old me and my needy questions!

I tried searching the boards but if possible I am looking for very specific info on this package. We just purchased it for my husband only on our upcoming March sailing for $18/day plus gratuity and would like to know how it works. This will help us decide if we really want this package, and further if we want to add it for myself and our kid. Normally we would just drink mostly tap water with an occasional bottled water. I have to admit that the idea of getting virgin frozen daiquiris and various fruity virgin bar drinks is very appealing and we might mange to get our money's worth out of it.

Sorry so many questions, if you can answer some of them I would appreciate it.

According to the posted information this package covers:

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

Questions:

Where do you get this premium coffee and premium tea?

Is there only one location to get the coffee?

Is it available 24/7?

Can you get the drink and then walk away with it?

Do you get bottled water at the same place as the premium coffee and tea?

If not, where do you get it? Any gift shop onboard, bar, restaurant?

Again, is it available 24/7?

If not, when?

Again, can you get your bottle and take it with you?

Same questions for the orange juice.

I assume orange juice means, no other juices, but is that accurate?

For the mocktails, can you get them at any and every bar onboard?

Can you more or less order anything you would normally get with booze and just get it without?

For example, tomato juice or bloody mary mix without vodka?

For the soda portion, same questions.

Additionally, are there soda freestyle locations on Oasis?

If so, same questions as for other drinks.

I'm asking mostly the same q's about all different drinks, because, it doesn't make much sense to me that they would all come from one central beverage hub type location. So I assume but don't know that they are from various different outlets at varying hours.

I realize bars are not always open, but the coffee is pretty important to us as are virgin bar drinks.

Premium coffee and teas are available at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants. Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours.

You can take any drink wherever you want.

Bottled water is available at any bar and restaurant.

Freestyle machines are near Sorrento's and Windjammer.

Premium coffee and teas are available at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants. Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours.

You can take any drink wherever you want.

Bottled water is available at any bar and restaurant.

Freestyle machines are near Sorrento's and Windjammer.

Thanks so much Bob. Somehow I suspected you might come through for us on this one!! Have a nice day!

Just to be clear I’m not sure this package is supposed to be shared. So if you plan to enjoy the coffees and virgin drinks as well, then you may want the package for yourself too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to be clear I’m not sure this package is supposed to be shared. So if you plan to enjoy the coffees and virgin drinks as well, then you may want the package for yourself too

Hi Gloworm2. We understand the package is for only one person and absolutely not to be shared. I'm trying to understand if it's right for any of us or each of us. We don't eat too many of our meals in the MDR so I wanted to be sure the drinks can be obtained elsewhere.

I saw somewhere that the drinks are to be consumed in the area they are served for the alcohol packages, and I wanted to be sure this is not the case for the non-alcoholic as my husband is not going to get a coffee or a mocktail and then sit there drinking it. Neither would any of the 3 of us, for that matter.

I am also considering the other options such as the soda only package for my daughter (she doesn't care for most sodas, but she enjoys the freestyle machine when she goes to Noodles and company so it might be a clever way to keep her hydrated) and the coffee card for myself.

Just trying to decide what is the best fit and value. If it's worth it we will get the full package for each of us.

Freestyle machine also available in the arcade. One we didn't find until the next-to-last day onboard, and since we were on deck 14, very handy.

Thank you kathimac. That is exactly the kind of info we are looking for to evaluate the convenience/value/cost ratio of this option.

I think the prohibition on moving around with alcohol drinks is for the lounges.

The elite C&A and suite guests have lounges, and the drinks there are free, and need to be consumed there.

However, I have been allowed to get a couple of glasses of wine in the lounge to take to dinner.

Mocktails (same as alcohol, just no alcohol), gun soft drinks, water bottles available at any bar. Just present cruise card with the package on it. Tap water is in buffet if you want to fill a glass and pour into your own container. Freestyle machines operate only with the cup that will be in your room if you buy the package online. Make sure to print a copy of the purchase in case the sale gets lost. If you buy onboard they will hand you a cup. They also have water bottles available when you exit the ship in ports for sale or with the package.

If you want two bottles of water or two drinks at a bar, present both cruise cards.

Soft drink only package gets you gun soft drinks at any bar (glass or cup) and Freestyle waters and sodas with the cup at the machines. Freestyle machines near Sorrentos are 24 hour (until they run out of syrup), others generally are not.

Buffet also has a number of flavored waters (including "orange juice" at breakfast) by the glass for free when they are open.

My wife and I both had the refreshment package on Oasis last month. my experience:

1) most bars will give you mocktail/coffee and water bottle at same time BUT watch out because we got a charge for 2 drinks, as well as another charge for the bartender running both my wifes drink and mine on one card. both disputed with customer services and removed.

2) the fresh OJ was hit or miss. it was a struggle in the windjammer to find someone to actually pour us the OJ. some days it tasted REALLY watered down. and 2 days they just didnt have any and wouldnt make more. Probably MDR for breakfast is more consistent. Oh and the cafe promenade was out the one time i went to get some.

3) there was a bartender who rolled their eyes when I asked for a virgin version of a drink, mudslide.

for 99% of the cruise it was just fine and everything worked great

Some of the bars have a nonalcoholic listing on their menu. I would also ask for a mango/ pineapple smoothie or whatever fruit I wanted and they would make it. I do get some funny looks from bartenders sometimes, but I am a soon to be 50 yr old woman who has never cared for the taste of alcohol.

I think this post answered my question, but I just want to make sure I understand correctly. If my kids have the soda only package, the included cup is only required for the Freestyle machines. So if they’re out without the cup, they can still get a fountain soda at the other locations?

Thanks!

If you drink ice water..it's totally free and everywhere. There is no need of a "package". The ship's water is better than what you get at home, or in bottles. You can buy anything without a package, if you want to get wild. Pay as you go.

Included in your fare is: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk, and juice at breakfast.

Don't be concerned about taking your drinks with you. You can take any thing anywhere you go. As far as C&A goes they no longer care if you take your drinks out of the lounge. Just look at the elevators unloading at 8:30 for MDR and you will see most people coming from the Diamond lounge or bar carrying a drink inside. happy cruising

Don't be concerned about taking your drinks with you. You can take any thing anywhere you go. As far as C&A goes they no longer care if you take your drinks out of the lounge. Just look at the elevators unloading at 8:30 for MDR and you will see most people coming from the Diamond lounge or bar carrying a drink inside. happy cruising

You actually can't take anything anywhere. You can't take any alcoholic drink into the arcade or any of the Adventure Ocean areas. I had a glass with club soda with a lime, no booze, and was asked to leave the arcade by security. We were only looking for our son, so it was not a big deal, but security would not listen to me when I told him it had no alcohol in it. He then went on to tell me where I wasn't allowed to take my drink.

I think this post answered my question, but I just want to make sure I understand correctly. If my kids have the soda only package, the included cup is only required for the Freestyle machines. So if they’re out without the cup, they can still get a fountain soda at the other locations?

Thanks!

Yes, but they will normally be limited to Coke, DIet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Just a note about the hot tea. The specialty tea included in the package is just another, more popular brand, but you can get generic hot tea at the Cafe promenade and the pizza place (as well as Windjammer) for free. The free tea comes in various flavors as well. Not sure if tea is of any interest to you, but just thought I would mention it.

I think the prohibition on moving around with alcohol drinks is for the lounges.

The elite C&A and suite guests have lounges, and the drinks there are free, and need to be consumed there.

However, I have been allowed to get a couple of glasses of wine in the lounge to take to dinner.

So to be sure I understand, you are saying I need to become friends with an elite guest, have them smuggle us into the lounge, "borrow" their drinks and finish them before we go back to steerage?;p

I get it. Some fast character would be running a by-the-glass resale business if they didn't keep an eye on things.