Full Video Tour of MSC Seaside's "Suite With Whirlpool Bath"

Spaniel Lover

The most exceptional part of our recent cruise on the MSC Seaside was having our own private Jacuzzi on the balcony of our cabin. Overall, the cruise was a big mess... with moments of wonderfulness... and at the top of the wonderful list was the "Suite With Whirlpool Bath".

I've put together a sixteen-minute long video that really shows you all the great things about the 28 Jacuzzi suites on MSC Seaside, and all the cool perks that come with them.

You can watch the video full screen in HD by

to watch it on YouTube, or you can watch the small-screen version right here:

ffyzAdw5WI0

I'm still working on editing other videos and photos, and will eventually put them all together in to a full review of our cruise... which I will post to the MSC board on Cruise Critic as soon as it is ready. It just takes time to do a big, full review with photos and videos... and unfortunately, I do have a "real job" that consumes 40 hours a week of my time!

Saw the video on Youtube and thought it was very informative. We are still hoping that someone will finally review our actual stateroom we have booked (one of only three of the 2-bedroom Aurea suites) - so I know chances of actually getting a real video that shows the details might be a bit of a pipe dream.

Thanks for the balanced perspective. We booked a 'back up' cruise on NCL Getaway just in case we decide to cancel Seaside. Right now we are leaning towards canceling, but have a couple other people in our party that are leaning towards wanting to give Seaside a chance. They are Bella 'class', so if we end up on Seaside anyway they will only have themselves to blame if they don't like the experience - LOL.

Loved the review, beautifully shot and excellent narration. I disagreed with your findings about the shows and food, but that’s okay. Personal preference. I’d like to see more videos and will subscribe to your channel. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any opera is too much opera. Yet I am thankful for the opportunity. At least now I won’t be coerced into an opera night on land.

Your video was a joy to watch. Well crafted all around.

What?? How can you say that? Opera is the culmination of performance art:

;)

Thank you for this excellent video. I'm anxious to read your full review. I don't mind the lack of Fox News (or any news for that matter - I'm trying to forget all of it on vacation!). Unless every single show is opera, I think we will enjoy trying something new. I will interested to see if your low rating of your experience was also due to service problems or the oft-mentioned smell issue. Thank you again for your videos and reviews! My 9 year old son is obsessed with cruising and he knows you by name from your YouTube videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was the Jacuzzi hot?

Did you get more water action then is shown here? More bubbles?:confused:

We mostly had the Jacuzzi bubble jets turned off, because I have a bit of a hearing problem and the noise of the bubble jets makes it hard for me to understand what my wife is saying. But there is not only one set of bubble jets you can turn on, there are two. So, don't worry, you can get a lot more bubble action than is shown in the video.

As for the temperature, it operates like a bath tub. You can make it as hot or cool as you'd like. There is a hot spout and a cold spout and you can adjust the mix to your preference, just like you would in a bath tub. The water coming out of the hot spout is very hot... so I think I can confidently say that you can make the water in the Jacuzzi be as hot as you possibly might want it. And if the water cools down a bit over time, just add some more hot to warm the whole thing back up. Really, you'll have no problem at all getting the Jacuzzi to the exact temperature you want it to be.

Regarding the sewage smell that keeps getting mentioned in all these discussions of the MSC Seaside...

Although I have a very large nose, I have learned over the years that it is not a sensitive one. My wife can always smell things before me, and she can often detect the smell of things that I can't detect at all. Strong smells bother her, but often don't bother me. I guess I just have a not-very-sensitive nose.

As we walked around on the Seaside, there were a few places where I detected a slight sewage smell. I have occasionally smelled a sewage smell on other cruise ships, too... sometimes in bathrooms, sometimes on open decks. I believe it's "sewer gas". If you look at the roof of your house, there are several pipes that vent out through the roof. These are vents to the atmosphere to let the sewer gas from your sewage system escape out in to the open air. Cruise ship sewage systems create sewer gas, too... and I imagine there are pipes that ventilate it to the open decks in much the same way that your home sewer gas is vented to your roof. I believe this is why on some cruise ships you will sometimes catch a wiff of sewer gas on the open decks. Sewer gas will sometimes also ventilate through the floor drains of bathrooms and also the sink drains.

The bottom line...

On my list of things that didn't go well on the Seaside, smelling sewer gas would barely make it on the list. I only noticed a very minor smell, a couple of times. I've smelled it much worse on other cruise ships. But then again, I don't seem to have a sensitive nose. So, I've asked my wife (with the sensitive nose) about her impressions of any sewage smells on the Seaside. She says that she smelled it a few times, and that it wasn't nearly as bad as we've smelled it on a few other ships.

My advice would be that there a lot of things that you should be concerned about if you've got a cruise booked on MSC Seaside, especially if you're an American and have not traveled extensively in Europe. The sewage smell should be one of the least of your concerns.

I've finished editing videos and photos and have begun the process of writing my full review out... and when it's done, I'll publish here in the MSC board on CruiseCritic, as well as on my web site. It takes a while for me to write these things, especially since I have a full time "real job". My guess is that I'll post the completed review on Sunday, February 4th.

"My advice would be that there a lot of things that you should be concerned about if you've got a cruise booked on MSC Seaside, especially if you're an American and have not traveled extensively in Europe. The sewage smell should be one of the least of your concerns."

Thank you for saying this Jim. This is what I've been trying to say on my responses on this board. Instead I'm being portrayed as a "hater"...LOL. MSC is different and appears not to be as they initially marketed the ship.

Thanks for your video! i booked a room like yours because of it for November ! (went on Seaside 2 weeks and had a great time)

I am puzzled as to why you thought both of you need to dress in the closet rather then just grabbing clothes from there. - I got 2 walk in closets at home and we dress in the bedroom :) Personal habits i guess. And we liked the shows - nicely cheesy. Happy future sailings! We may run into you on NCL or RCCL :)

Jim - Thank you for putting this together, your reviews are always so informative! Like you, NCL is my favorite line along with a Carnival sailing here and there. I’ve been considering sailing on the Seaside for several months, but after watching your review I‘m going to pass. The Yacht Club pricing is attractive but I don’t think I’ll enjoy the European style vacation that MSC offers.

By the way I watched your pre cruise video as well. I’m flying Jet Blue Mint for the first time in March for a cruise on the Carnival Vista. Looks awesome! I’ve also booked two sailings on the Bliss later this year and am looking forward to seeing your Panama Canal review beforehand!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cksv