Anyone know if Oasis and Allure will be outfitted w/Abyss?

I did notice deck schematics going through 4/26/20 and neither slide set were on them for either ship. They may actually not be able to add them. 😃😃

To those that say add I say you will shorty have 2 ships and a third on the way with the slides on the ship. Let the view stand on the 2 oldest twins. People can choose to not be looking through those purple stations.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

I did notice deck schematics going through 4/26/20 and neither slide set were on them for either ship. They may actually not be able to add them. 😃😃

To those that say add I say you will shorty have 2 ships and a third on the way with the slides on the ship. Let the view stand on the 2 oldest twins. People can choose to not be looking through those purple stations.

Just going by previous drydocks of other ships...new deck plans with updated information has not been released until the ship has almost completed the drydock.

I don't think the company cares about the view.

True, but crazy me, for a moment I thought they might care what their customers think. Every ship doesn’t need every amenity that every other ship in the same class has. Pretty soon, the only differentiators will be the name of the shows.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope they do not even think of doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Completely destroys the view on the boardwalk!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond sad, but too true.

I don't think the company cares about the view.

Too true.

True, but crazy me, for a moment I thought they might care what their customers think. Every ship doesn’t need every amenity that every other ship in the same class has. Pretty soon, the only differentiators will be the name of the shows.

mac_tlc

I suggest the masses who don't want to loose the view bombard Royal to let them know to not add the Abyss.

True, but crazy me, for a moment I thought they might care what their customers think. ...

Don't think they care about that either. They see the statistics that 80% of the US has never cruised, and that looks like a gold mne to them. No worries about repeat cruisers.

mac_tlc

In this case I think Royal does care what the customer wants. At least some of the customers. Putting the slides in is for the people, it does not directly bring in more money like the added cabins and restaurants.

In this case I think Royal does care what the customer wants. At least some of the customers. Putting the slides in is for the people, it does not directly bring in more money like the added cabins and restaurants.

This^^^

There’s only about 200 BW cabins in total and ruining the view certainly wouldn’t affect all of those. Compare that small number to the overall number of cabins on the ship (2500+) that might find the slides to be a benefit and it’s pretty easy to see which way Royal will lean.

I’m actually surprised that those that feel that strongly about the view aren’t booking Oceanview cabins.

mac_tlc

I’m sure the view means much less to most cruisers. The slides might attract more to book that ship. It’s a business.

I’m sure the view means much less to most cruisers. The slides might attract more to book that ship. It’s a business.

I know it’s a business. They don’t seem to be having any trouble filling Oasis now.

If they retrofit one of the two they would have 7500 cabins a week that can enjoy the abyss. Just making the case for every ship not being a carbon copy.

Well, since they undoubtedly will move the D lounge to make way for a money making venue, at least I won’t have to look out the window at the purple slide [emoji3][emoji3].

mac_tlc

This^^^

There’s only about 200 BW cabins in total and ruining the view certainly wouldn’t affect all of those. Compare that small number to the overall number of cabins on the ship (2500+) that might find the slides to be a benefit and it’s pretty easy to see which way Royal will lean.

I’m actually surprised that those that feel that strongly about the view aren’t booking Oceanview cabins.

The majority of the 2700 rooms on the Oasis and Allure have very obstructions blocking their view of the sea. Perhaps they should book one of those. The Abyss is a great addition.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not sure Royal would just do half, but they could add the waterslides and keep off the Abyss to have the best of both worlds (i.e. for those who think the Abyss ruins the view from the Boardwalk balconies)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

mac_tlc

You speak as if 100% of the customers don't like the Abiss.

But that is very far from true- even on this tread, there are people who would rather trade off the view for the slides. I know we would enjoy it if they put it in.

You speak as if 100% of the customers don't like the Abiss.

But that is very far from true- even on this tread, there are people who would rather trade off the view for the slides. I know we would enjoy it if they put it in.

I never said anything about who likes it or doesn’t. I voiced my opinion. I know the majority probably would rather have the slide. And if they left one ship in the class without it, 75% of the Oasis class ships ( 80% once they build the 5th in the class) would be able to enjoy it. A solid majority. And those of us in the minority would at least have an option.

mac_tlc

I never said anything about who likes it or doesn’t. I voiced my opinion. I know the majority probably would rather have the slide. And if they left one ship in the class without it, 75% of the Oasis class ships ( 80% once they build the 5th in the class) would be able to enjoy it. A solid majority. And those of us in the minority would at least have an option.

mac_tlc

And many more who hope current DL on Allure and Oasis not replaced with Wonderland.

When I looked for my first cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship, I wanted to try the Oasis class first. I chose Harmony because it has slides and the others don't. Next I wanted to try the Quantum class. I didn't have much choice as none (yet) have slides and Anthem is the only one in the US.

This^^^

Because the OV are much more expensive and when you can get an end BW balcony on Oasis is priceless, and I had an end BW on Harmony to bag it for the end of O to get that ocean view at a lot less I jumped at it. I didn't want that station and slide crap in my view. As I have stated leave the older sis alone.

I think they could probably add the water slides, since they did it on Liberty, but I’m wondering if it’s even possible to add the structure needed for Abyss retroactively.

Good point regarding Abyss structure.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55011262

Looks like it would take a lot to add the structure needed. See the two vertical pillars? I would assume there would also need to be support under the two pillars as well.

Also, is the merry-go-round more towards the aft on Oasis and Allure than it is on Harmony? If so, would that interfere with space for the Abyss?