I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

Sarna (best itch relief and sunburn lotion all in one bottle)

Gin Gins (pure ginger root lozenges - great for motion sickness, bloating, upset tummy, gas)

French vanilla creamer is a must!

Where did you buy the Sarna and Gin Gin’s? I’ve never heard of them. And the French vanilla, is it powder packets or do you take the whole container?

Where did you buy the Sarna and Gin Gin’s? I’ve never heard of them. And the French vanilla, is it powder packets or do you take the whole container?

Sarna can be bought at Walmart, Target, Walgreens. It's a white bottle, blue lettering with a pump usually $10 or so.

Gin Gins is made by The Ginger People and I buy them from Rainbow Blossom. Yellow package with red'ish ends. Says it's candy but can't imagine anyone eating it for that purpose as it's spicy.

1518978349189.thumb.jpg.efc288ca9cb2bdbe225bae78b041be89.jpg

The creamer is in a small squeeze bottle and you don't have to put in the frig. I get by the powder creamer. It's like the little squeeze bottles of Splenda or Stevia.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks for "explaining" about needing a card for the light switch. I have never been on any ship where this was done. All we did was hit the switch to either turn on/off the light. Guess ???? I'll soon find out about the card deal. Sounds like a pain to me, as we always turn the lights out when we leave the room.

I usually bring a couple of hotel room key cards to use for the lights and the safe.

The card for the lights does NOT have to be magnetic. In fact, it does NOT have to be a card! Some people use pieces of the Fun Times folded and shaped like a card to fit into the slot.

With 7 days until our cruise it's definitely too late. :cool:

Don't lose sleep over this.

You do not need to have a passport to get home in an emergency. The passport does make it easier, but you can get home without one.

I'm the only one in my family with a passport. We plan on getting them for the others. In the interim, BC's and DL's have been just fine for 16 cruises.

Be sure to get cruise insurance though! That's the one thing I'd never travel without!!!

I usually bring a couple of hotel room key cards to use for the lights and the safe.

The card for the lights does NOT have to be magnetic. In fact, it does NOT have to be a card! Some people use pieces of the Fun Times folded and shaped like a card to fit into the slot.

I just don’t get the whole bring-something-for-the-light thing... Why not just use the sign and sail card? In land-based hotels with a similar thing, you always use your hotel door card... but, whatever...

I just don’t get the whole bring-something-for-the-light thing... Why not just use the sign and sail card? In land-based hotels with a similar thing, you always use your hotel door card... but, whatever...

I don’t use my ship card because when I leave the cabin I need my ship card with me and if there’s nothing in the slot you can’t leave anything charging and the air conditioner won’t run.

If I recall, it is not just the lights that turn off. If you have something charging in the only outlet in the cabin, the power is also cut when removing the car. If this is incorrect, there will be several posts telling me I'm wrong:D:D;)

I stayed at a hotel that had that recently. The front desk clerk gave me an extra card and said keep it in the slot.

People who use their s&s cards are going to end up locking them in the room. Or they pull theirs out when they walk out and it turns the lights off on someone else. Just a hassle that shouldn’t exist.

Lysol spray

Clorox wipes

Bath scrubber pads that soap up (clean the entire bathroom).

Yes, germophobe here.

Also,

Kids motrin

Swimmers ear drops (put 'em in the kids' ears every day before the problem starts!)

Ziplocs

Scotchtape (for some reason we always need this).

Lots of $$$ especially 1s and 5s.

I stayed at a hotel that had that recently. The front desk clerk gave me an extra card and said keep it in the slot.

People who use their s&s cards are going to end up locking them in the room. Or they pull theirs out when they walk out and it turns the lights off on someone else. Just a hassle that shouldn’t exist.

Exactly - that is what happened to me - hubby left with his card that had been in the slot & I was left in the dark. It's easier for us to put an unused card in the slot & turn out the main light when we leave the room.

If I recall' date=' it is not just the lights that turn off. If you have something charging in the only outlet in the cabin, the power is also cut when removing the car. If this is incorrect, there will be several posts telling me I'm wrong:D:D;)[/quote']

I think the power outlet on the desk still works - we charge our things at night. I'm pretty sure the A/C stays on as well - otherwise you'd get too hot overnight. I think it's the bathroom shaver plug that is off if the bathroom light is off - I've never actually tested it - just read it here.

love hearing the creativity from everyone, learning a lot in one long thread. I over packed little things on my first cruise, but am slowly developing a sense of what I need to take with me. I very much agree with $1 and $5 for various purposes. On another cruise line, there was a bridge cam channel on the TV that I could leave on all night as a very low level night light in case I woke up during the night, does Carnival have anything like that?

love hearing the creativity from everyone, learning a lot in one long thread. I over packed little things on my first cruise, but am slowly developing a sense of what I need to take with me. I very much agree with $1 and $5 for various purposes. On another cruise line, there was a bridge cam channel on the TV that I could leave on all night as a very low level night light in case I woke up during the night, does Carnival have anything like that?

there’s usually a channel that shows the lido deck and a channel that shows a camera on the front of the ship.

• 3 months later...
A snake. But it IS an emotional support snake.

Just kidding.

I'm bringing a lightweight binder with plastic sleeves to slip little bits of papers and receipts for each day. I started doing this for the trip after my mom got sick and I needed to itemize stuff for the travel insurance reimbursement. I also can get a good gauge of my daily spending and secure mementos for my travel journal. But a snake would be cool too.

I always bring a Ziploc for business trips - holds all my receipts for the expense report. :)