I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

Exactly - no one wants to be jarred awake by the bright light. And, if that isn't enough incentive, what about the fact that the light switch is on the outside of the bathroom? If you turn on the light, it could disturb your roommate/spouse/child's sleep. The night light gives you the right amount of soft light to avoid any accidents without disturbing anyone's sleep.

Black marker to check off the things I want to do for the next day.

I know it said only "one" thing, but once I get ALL my notes in order of the ports/ship of what we might be doing, I will be typing them up, so I will have an idea of what I will be doing the next day at the port/ship.

While it's true about the restrictions on what is allowed to bring ashore, not every port has dogs sniffing for banned items. Even so, you might get by with a wrapped PB&J sandwich quicker than fresh fruit. A lot of it depends on what the dogs have been trained to sniff for.

16 cruises and haven’t had a problem. We’ve usually do this when we go to the beach where there won’t be a grocery store around. My husband is immune suppressed so we try not to buy street food or small venue food in certain countries (really bad Mexico experience once 濫).

We don’t bring fruit/vegetables or nuts/seeds.

Good to know! For health reasons I have to be careful about what I eat. So planned on taking my protein bars/trail mix. But it's nice to know that I can try taking some meats/cheeses in a baggie. Thanks! Just hope I don't get attacked by any dogs!

Good to know! For health reasons I have to be careful about what I eat. So planned on taking my protein bars/trail mix. But it's nice to know that I can try taking some meats/cheeses in a baggie. Thanks! Just hope I don't get attacked by any dogs!

Depending upon the country, most do not allow meat/dairy products to be brought ashore. It is generally any plant or animal products that re banned. Whether you CAN get away with it is different that what you are legally allowed to bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending upon the country, most do not allow meat/dairy products to be brought ashore. It is generally any plant or animal products that re banned. Whether you CAN get away with it is different that what you are legally allowed to bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'll just stick with my prepackaged protein bars & trailmix to be on th safe side of the law!

On previous cruises I have taken two bungee cords about 3 feet long. I used them when there was rough weather and the closet doors or drawers started swinging open and banging shut. I've travelled on numerous cruise lines though and I can't recall what the closets are like on Carnival. All the cruise lines have different designs and in some cases there is no way to hook the bungee cord on to keep the closet door closed tight. Does anyone know if they will work on Carnival? I'm leaving for Feb. 10th cruise and won't even pack these if they won't work. Not that I'm expecting bad weather, ha!

I'm sorry, but I may have not got in the right area to find out about the bathroom (???) light switch of keeping it on through the night? Are you saying we can no longer do this, or this is what some of you don't want to do??? We never have a problem with it being on, as we keep the door closed most of the way, and it never has blinded us.

Someone mentioned about bringing bungee cords, and were talking about the dresser drawers, doors going back and forth, oh my, do I ever remember that! I was surprised that I never fell out of the bed. Yes our bathroom door, and all the dresser drawers were going in/out all the time. What an experience that was through the night!

Black marker to check off the things I want to do for the next day.

I know it said only "one" thing, but once I get ALL my notes in order of the ports/ship of what we might be doing, I will be typing them up, so I will have an idea of what I will be doing the next day at the port/ship.

Beshear- if you haven’t used the Carnival Hub App yet you need to try it! It allows you to flag items you’re interested in, it will even send you reminders!

We always bring two dry erase boards. One to leave each other notes about where we are going and when we expect to be back, or where to meet; and one to write down “Things to Do” for the day. They reduce stress, and cruise ship walls are metal, so they will stick anywhere.

Post ONE item you’re bringing on your cruise (that many may not have thought of) and explain how it’s a cruise hack (if not obvious).

Here’s mine:

An alarm clock. I have a cheap digital battery operated clock that lights up when you tap it. It helps to see in the cabin in the dark and it’s nice to know what time it is.

Misty

Next cruise: 3/3/18 Carnival Magic

You don’t need those if you are sitting in the chair... Chair hog. Just kidding... LOL [emoji23]

Nope, I am a hater of chair hogs actually, but when I am using the pool/ocean, I want my towel and coverup to stay put lol. I think the most I've ever used one of the pool chairs was like an hour. It's way too crowded there for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums