I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

"An alarm clock. I have a cheap digital battery operated clock that lights up when you tap it. It helps to see in the cabin in the dark and it’s nice to know what time it is."

Mine is called an iPhone.

I don't think there is a U.S. plug in the bathroom.

micro fiber towels, love them

On fantasy class ships there is one by the light for electric shavers. Unless they’ve recently been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Small Bluetooth speaker, we love the music on my iPad; perfect application.

Came here to say this.

We bring a waterproof bluetooth speaker (either our Braven or our UE) since not only can we take it to the beach, but it has the ability to double as a portable charger, so our phones don't run out of juice while we are streaming our tunes!

This won't strike most people as a "must pack", but it is for us. Board games. I always travel with my own Scrabble game and Scrabble dictionary (best way to avoid awkward disagreements about whether a word is "good). I'll set up the board in a public area and wait. Almost always, someone will come along and play a game or two with me. My husband, who packs light, used to fuss at me about the size of my Scrabble game, but now he brings his Settlers of Catan game. We never fail to make new friends. On our last cruise, he practically had a waiting list of people who wanted to play Settlers.

We bring a large empty folded up flat duffel bag in the suit case. After the cruise like night before debarkation we put most all our dirty clothes in the duffel bag. This makes room in the suit cases for souvenirs that we’ve bought in each of the ports. Last cruise we packed 2 bottles of cashew wine from Belize in the middle of the duffel bag and surrounded them with dirty clothes. It protected them great for the flight home. Put other fragile souvenirs in the suit cases. With out the duffel bag we would not have any room for any extra stuff. Wife and I travel with 1 carry on bag each and 1 checked bag each and those suit cases are stuffed. Granted flight home one of us will have 2 checked bags with the now extra duffel bag but it’s worth it to researve space in the sturdier suit case for fragile or breakable souvenirs.

- A passport with at least 6 months before expiring

- A cheap and wide brim straw hat that I don’t care if it blows into the Gulf when a strong gust of wind hits me on the walking track

- A bathing suit that has one of those attached waterproof pouches for money and other stuff

Came here to say this.

We bring a waterproof bluetooth speaker (either our Braven or our UE) since not only can we take it to the beach, but it has the ability to double as a portable charger, so our phones don't run out of juice while we are streaming our tunes!

Agree as well, love relaxing and listening

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bring two bathing suits and alternate days so the other can dry completely. Hate putting on a wet cold swimsuit. I bring a few extra hangers for the closet. I also bring my silky bathrobe for when I get out of the shower.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but We are bringing our own microfiber beach towels. They dry quickly, take up very little space in my pool/excursion bag & look different from the carnival beach towels. We are also bringing our own snorkel gear. We really don't like the idea of shared equipment. Oh and we are bringing our water enhancers, herbal teas & yetis!

- a couple of the 2 in 1 laundry sheets (detergent and fabric softener) and a roll of quarters (in an old M&M canister)

- aloe vera after sun gel

- pop up baskets for desk

- a schedule of who wears what when so we can pack a minimum and keep it straight, do laundry half way in, and re-wear the outfits the second half

- 2 pairs watershoes each

- condoms

- plastic grocery bags to pack wet stuff for return trip

- sponge pieces with dishwashing liquid in them to wash tervis tumbler and glasses in cabin

- Bonine

We always pack a backpack. If you go ashore/excursion and don’t want to carry a purse.

Baggies.... we order pb&j sandwiches the night before we head into port. If you’re going to the beach or on a hike these are great for a snack when nothing else is around.

We always pack a backpack. If you go ashore/excursion and don’t want to carry a purse.

Baggies.... we order pb&j sandwiches the night before we head into port. If you’re going to the beach or on a hike these are great for a snack when nothing else is around.

I thought only prepackaged snacks were allowed off the ship. Someone had mentioned police dogs sniffing for food and people having to throw away sandwiches/fruit/produce taken a shore...something about transporting insects and being a danger to the local agriculture....

I thought only prepackaged snacks were allowed off the ship. Someone had mentioned police dogs sniffing for food and people having to throw away sandwiches/fruit/produce taken a shore...something about transporting insects and being a danger to the local agriculture....

While it's true about the restrictions on what is allowed to bring ashore, not every port has dogs sniffing for banned items. Even so, you might get by with a wrapped PB&J sandwich quicker than fresh fruit. A lot of it depends on what the dogs have been trained to sniff for.

16 cruises and haven’t had a problem. We’ve usually do this when we go to the beach where there won’t be a grocery store around. My husband is immune suppressed so we try not to buy street food or small venue food in certain countries (really bad Mexico experience once 🤢).

We don’t bring fruit/vegetables or nuts/seeds.

Motion activated battery powered nightlight for the bathroom. I don't want the bright light when I get up in the middle of the night. After completely missing the toilet & landing on my tailbone on the shower ledge, I will always take my nightlight.

I will never understand why people don't just TURN ON THE LIGHT.