I’m going on a Carnival cruise, and I’m bringing a...

mistyinca

I use one 21" high piece of luggage for all my clothes, and a small shoulder carry on for essential docs, meds, etc. That's my biggest hack, I don't need more for a cruise or land vacation for up to a month..

I don't bring a shoe organizer since I dont bring 10 or more pairs of shoes or other stuff like high lighters, markers and postits, or magnetic clips, candy, snacks, or whatever to put into the dividers.. I use the cabin phone for time checks and alarms. It's easy to get by for a week up to a month on bringing a 7 day supply of briefs, sox and tees and half of that for polo or dress shirts and slax to wear to dinner. i sent my laundry out with the $15 specials before I got loyalty laundry perk. I have never been annoyed enough by another cruiser that I would need duct tape to use on them. I have room in my luggage for a snorkel mask if I'm planning that activity. Less is more for me!

My one extravaganza is OIL FREE or BIODEGRADABLE Sunscreen.

Only times I brought more clothes were for Med and Alaskan cruises. Caribbean sailings are just so casual, especially on Carnival. I'm willing to bet that some cruisers bring back more unused clothes that they never wore than what I pack and use.

It would be nice if you put what you use these things for. I cannot think of any use for things like duct tape or glow sticks, but maybe I'm missing something that will make my cruise better.

If you don't know what to use duct tape for, clearly you are not a man.

It is used for everything!

I keed, I keed.

I suspect most folks would use it for taping things to walls, or those emergency repairs to things that suddenly fall apart.

Glow sticks are for having a nice low level light, much like a battery-operated tea light, so you can see when you have turned off the lights, especially an inside cabin.

Super glue my wife always breaks a nail/ travel mug for drinks and coffee / extension cord w multi outlets/ pop up air freshener/ night light if you have a inside room/blow up ice bucket for left over beers in your room/if you drink coffee order a carafe of coffee first day at room service then hid it all week and you can fill that up at buffet and take back to room instead of filling up little cups and walking to your room hope this helps have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A LED nightlight to plug in in the bathroom outlet.

And is there a bathroom outlet? I have a nightlight to take too but on some ships I've been on their is no bathroom outlet not even for guys to shave. So I bought a battery operated motion light that I can just sit on the bthroom counter. Unfortunately must have left it at our last holiday place because I can't find it.

Really........is there a bathroom outlet?

An old gift card to use in the cabin power slot and a lanyard for my S&S card...

Do all the ships have this now? Haven't been on Carnival for 2 years and it wasn;t that way then. You put a card in a slot and it keeps the lights on, am I right?

Found the answer re a bathroom outlet as I scrolled through all these excellent ideas.

Do all the ships have this now? Haven't been on Carnival for 2 years and it wasn;t that way then. You put a card in a slot and it keeps the lights on, am I right?

Found the answer re a bathroom outlet as I scrolled through all these excellent ideas.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but is the bathroom outlet modified just for shavers? I thought I read somewhere that is the only plug it takes.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but is the bathroom outlet modified just for shavers? I thought I read somewhere that is the only plug it takes.

"Modified"? The only way to modify it would be to make it two-prong, and maybe current-limit it to typical shaver current draw (far less than an amp, I suspect...just found one that consumes 9W full power, so yeah, 0.1A or less).

But most shavers these days are re-chargeable, so maybe it is a moot point? If it needs charging, do that with the normal cabin outlet?

Just found my latest hack from a review on CC... I just bought a cheap ($2.97 on Amazon) mesh clothes pin hanger. I can hang it in the shower to hold the extra shampoo, razor, body scrubber- all the items that don't fit on that one little shelf in the shower!

I have a half length shoe organizer that I use on the back of the bathroom door, so I can keep the bathroom counter clear (the top shelves are too tall for me to reach, so they're reserved for DH's stuff!). The shoe organizer isn't huge, just big enough to hold the overflow from the bathroom shelves.

And is there a bathroom outlet? I have a nightlight to take too but on some ships I've been on their is no bathroom outlet not even for guys to shave. So I bought a battery operated motion light that I can just sit on the bthroom counter. Unfortunately must have left it at our last holiday place because I can't find it.

Really........is there a bathroom outlet?

Yes. Typically, the outlet is near the top right-hand corner of the bathroom mirror. It is connected to the wall switch for the bathroom light. When you turn off the light, you'll also be turning off the outlet. So, plugging a nightlight in that outlet would be useless. We always take a battery powered tap light. To soften the glow at night, I put a dry wash cloth over the light.

Here's an important tip that is rarely (if ever) suggested. If you wear prescription glasses, and are going on a physically active excursion, such as kayaking, river tubing, rock climbing or zip-lining, take some sort of eyeglass retainers with you. "Chums" is a well-known brand (Google it). You can usually find them at most sporting goods stores, or on line. You wouldn't want to ruin your vacation by losing your glasses. (Been there. Done that.)

"Modified"? The only way to modify it would be to make it two-prong, and maybe current-limit it to typical shaver current draw (far less than an amp, I suspect...just found one that consumes 9W full power, so yeah, 0.1A or less).

But most shavers these days are re-chargeable, so maybe it is a moot point? If it needs charging, do that with the normal cabin outlet?

Yep. Two prong on the hair dryer that says "shavers only." May depend on the ship. I've seen it on Triumph.

8af72bb79fb716025893d0f869f51272.jpg

33e18a736941f96887aed76367626f63.jpg

One idea that I like isn’t so much a ‘bringing along’ thing but take a picture of your name and contact info of your choice. If someone finds your camera that could potentially help find you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One idea that I like isn’t so much a ‘bringing along’ thing but take a picture of your name and contact info of your choice. If someone finds your camera that could potentially help find you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also take a picture of our luggage tag with name and contact info and save it as the first picture on all camera SIM cards (in case camera get misplaced; some people are honest and will return it). I also take a picture of all luggage for help in identifying the luggage in those occasional cases of luggage gone missing in transit anywhere.

Birth control.

Don’t want to come back with a stowaway (again) [emoji85][emoji87]

I kid I kid (or not). But if you have kids, especially small ones, bring some pediatric meds as they don’t have any in the store. I brought some Motrin, pedialyte packets, and allergy med (used for sea sickness). None had to be used but you never know.

A few clothespins, which I use to clip (rather than hang) the bathing suits on the shower drying line and/or the chairs on the balcony. Those clothes pins can also hold curtains shut at night.

A loofah scrunchie puff thing, as I hate using the washcloths in the shower.

A pair of oversized Mickey gloves, as we (kids and I) like to wear them to wave to people onshore as we sail away.

Tervis tumblers, so we can mix up our own coffee/ice cream/milk shake concoctions from the Lido.

CeleBrat