Anyone on Allure recently and can plz explain how to checkout pool/beach towels?

anne13

Cruising on the Allure in 2 weeks and confused about how the towel system works.

When we sailed the Allure years ago, all we had to do was sign a clipboard and then return the towels which we did right after using them. There were plenty of towels and we never had any problem getting them/ returning them.

I'm confused about some of the threads I'm reading about this.

If you have been on the Allure recently, could you please explain in baby steps how we go about checking out pool towels?

Traditional clip board or if electronically, how?

Where to get them?

How many per person?

Are they always available?

Also:

About beach/shore excursion towels.... Do you get these as you are leaving the ship or do you check out the pool towels?

On HAL, they would hand them out as we left the ship, and then upon return, they took them and they gave us cool glasses of water in exchange:)

What happens if you use the towels, bring them back to the room, take a shower and leave them in the room for the cabin steward instead of returning them wherever? Do you get charged?

Thanks so much for your help!

If you have been on the Allure recently' date=' [b']could you please explain in baby steps how we go about[/b] checking out pool towels? I haven't been on Allure specifically, but the towel process is fairly similar among all the ships.

Traditional clip board or if electronically, how? They scan your Seapass now when checking out or returning towels. No clipboards.

Where to get them? By the pool areas.

How many per person? Unlimited.

Are they always available? They're available when the pools are open.

Also:

About beach/shore excursion towels.... Do you get these as you are leaving the ship or do you check out the pool towels? They should have additional towels available for checkout on the piers when disembarking.

What happens if you use the towels, bring them back to the room, take a shower and leave them in the room for the cabin steward instead of returning them wherever? Do you get charged? You shouldn't be, but check your statement the night before leaving and after you return to ensure no erroneous charges were made.

Answers in quote

Thank you Lizzy Dragon for your prompt reply. I appreciate your answer - and others will too:)

To those asking if we need to have a thread on it.....Cruise Critic is meant to be a positive and helpful place to answer questions for cruisers. I asked because I had read on the internet that some people pack their own beach towels and were having trouble getting towels on different cruise lines. Therefore, one would need to know prior to leaving home. I am not brand new to cruising, but for some newbies, everything can be very overwhelming for them. Over the years there have been numerous threads from newbies asking everything from what to pack, how to make reservations for activities, etc. how to do what some people would think are relatively basic things. We need to help each other and be patient with one another.

A celebrated teacher once said, "Never be afraid to ask a question in a respectful way....it not only helps you...it helps others as well."

Have a wonderful day to all:)

Thank you Lizzy Dragon for your prompt reply. I appreciate your answer - and others will too:)

To those asking if we need to have a thread on it.....Cruise Critic is meant to be a positive and helpful place to answer questions for cruisers. I asked because I had read on the internet that some people pack their own beach towels and were having trouble getting towels on different cruise lines. Therefore, one would need to know prior to leaving home. I am not brand new to cruising, but for some newbies, everything can be very overwhelming for them. Over the years there have been numerous threads from newbies asking everything from what to pack, how to make reservations for activities, etc. how to do what some people would think are relatively basic things. We need to help each other and be patient with one another.

A celebrated teacher once said, "Never be afraid to ask a question in a respectful way....it not only helps you...it helps others as well."

Have a wonderful day to all:)

Thank you Anne...I totally agree that questions are helpful. In my 41 cruises, I have never encountered the towel charge policy so I am very interested in the replies to your post. Especially, since we have eight children in our group who will need to be advised to make sure their towels are returned.

Don't over complicate it. Check out as many towels as you need at the beginning of the cruise. They will scan your sea pass card when you check them out. If you use your towels, just exchange the dirty towel for a clean one, either at one of the towel stations on the pool deck or at the towel station as you get back on the ship at port. You do not need to have your sea pass scanned if you are just exchanging a dirty towel for a clean one. At the end of your cruise, bring the towels back to the towel station on the pool deck and have your sea pass scanned to check them back in. Do not leave them on the floor in your cabin when you are done with them because the cabin steward can not have them checked back in for you.

Some people have had erroneous charges after their cruise for towels. All you need to do is call the after cruise number and they will remove the charges.

Cruising on the Allure in 2 weeks and confused about how the towel system works.

When we sailed the Allure years ago, all we had to do was sign a clipboard and then return the towels which we did right after using them. There were plenty of towels and we never had any problem getting them/ returning them.

I'm confused about some of the threads I'm reading about this.

If you have been on the Allure recently, could you please explain in baby steps how we go about checking out pool towels?

Traditional clip board or if electronically, how?

Where to get them?

How many per person?

Are they always available?

Also:

About beach/shore excursion towels.... Do you get these as you are leaving the ship or do you check out the pool towels?

On HAL, they would hand them out as we left the ship, and then upon return, they took them and they gave us cool glasses of water in exchange:)

What happens if you use the towels, bring them back to the room, take a shower and leave them in the room for the cabin steward instead of returning them wherever? Do you get charged?

Check with the people on the ship. Maybe their process has changed.

When we sailed the Allure years ago, all we had to do was sign a clipboard and then return the towels which we did right after using them. There were plenty of towels and we never had any problem getting them/ returning them....

So, you've gotten the answers you need, I think. But let me just add that the process around the pools and hot tubs was REALLY simple. There were always lots of towels and friendly attendants. Now granted, it was just my wife and I...getting kids to keep track of their towels might be tougher. But for us, it was a matter of 5 seconds to get towels, and 5 seconds to return.

Thank you Cruise Critic readers!

Kudos to Nashna and others for your support.

I wasn't trying to overcomplicate the question. I just was seeking some simple answers since I had good experiences in the past, but my readings had shown otherwise with some people who had more negative experiences. I tend to look at a glass half full so I am expecting a good experience. I just wanted to know what to expect and or prepare if necessary with towels.

Thank you to all -- I believe I received an answer.

Happy travels to all:)

Don't over complicate it. Check out as many towels as you need at the beginning of the cruise. They will scan your sea pass card when you check them out. If you use your towels, just exchange the dirty towel for a clean one, either at one of the towel stations on the pool deck or at the towel station as you get back on the ship at port. You do not need to have your sea pass scanned if you are just exchanging a dirty towel for a clean one. At the end of your cruise, bring the towels back to the towel station on the pool deck and have your sea pass scanned to check them back in. Do not leave them on the floor in your cabin when you are done with them because the cabin steward can not have them checked back in for you.

Some people have had erroneous charges after their cruise for towels. All you need to do is call the after cruise number and they will remove the charges.

Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure if this was allowed as in; only being given a certain length of time to keep a towel before they will charge you for it. I think this will work best for our family. I don't want to constantly be asking my teens 'did they scan your card when returning a towel' I will just get them to exchange their towels each time and return at the end of the cruise.

I never, ever check out a pool towel and as long as the cruise lines allow Chair Hog Bullies to reserve their loungers for the day, I never will. I spot a couple of Chair Hog nests on my early morning walk and if they are untouched a hour or two later, I help myself to the towels and maybe the paperback or magazine.

After that, I just swap my wet towels either with another Chair Hog nest, or with the pool attendant - if I can pull him/her away from the cellphone.

Easy beezy.

Make sure it is by the time posted the night before you dock. Then hopefully no problems

Do we really need to have a thread on "how to check out a towel"?

It really isn't something you need to look into and learn ahead of time.

Do we really need to have tools answer questions like this. You are an idiot

We made the mistake of leaving them in our cabin. Got charged. I called Royal and they refunded the charges, though. Not much to add to the story here, but checking out towels is not something you should concern yourself with. You grab towels, they scan your card, you return towels, they scan your card. What I didn't know was that they have a towel station on the dock when you get off the ship. It was nice, too. With free water and juice. Never a line. We would check towels out if we needed them at port, then return them at the dock when we got back to the ship.

That could apply to the majority of topics around CC and 90% of the time an answer can be had quicker using a google search instead of posting here.

Mostly true.

But some of the questions asked are very basic things that you find out as you go. No need for prior knowledge.

There is no secret places, events, activities, etc. They let you know.

The need to over-plan ever moment of your trip is crazy

Save some surprise for when you get on the ship.

Who wants to spend the week on a strict schedule?

I never, ever check out a pool towel and as long as the cruise lines allow Chair Hog Bullies to reserve their loungers for the day, I never will. I spot a couple of Chair Hog nests on my early morning walk and if they are untouched a hour or two later, I help myself to the towels and maybe the paperback or magazine.

After that, I just swap my wet towels either with another Chair Hog nest, or with the pool attendant - if I can pull him/her away from the cellphone.

Easy beezy.

This. If pool chairs are fair game for hours on end, so are the towels sitting on them.

Edited by Husky1987

I've only cruised NCL and we get beach towels in our room and the room attendant changes them out for us. Is this not the case on RCI? I literally have to take a sea pass card, go to the pool area I assume and check out a towel then exchange it myself for a dry one??? NCL also exchanges them on the dock in port. No cards or scanning involved. This doesn't happen either?? I have to be missing something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only cruised NCL and we get beach towels in our room and the room attendant changes them out for us. Is this not the case on RCI? I literally have to take a sea pass card, go to the pool area I assume and check out a towel then exchange it myself for a dry one??? NCL also exchanges them on the dock in port. No cards or scanning involved. This doesn't happen either?? I have to be missing something...

You aren't missing anything. You go by the pool area and check out a towel or you can check out towels on the dock. You will need your seapass card.

You aren't missing anything. You go by the pool area and check out a towel or you can check out towels on the dock. You will need your seapass card.

Why does that shock me? I'm trying to imagine staying at a nice resort and being asked for my room key to get a towel that I cannot take back to to my room but rather have to check back in. Feels a bit like the throwback of a dime to use the facilities at White Castle! And I didn't frequent White Castle...

Why does that shock me? I'm trying to imagine staying at a nice resort and being asked for my room key to get a towel that I cannot take back to to my room but rather have to check back in. Feels a bit like the throwback of a dime to use the facilities at White Castle! And I didn't frequent White Castle...

Maybe I misunderstood. You can take the towels anywhere you want. Just check them back in before your cruise is over. It's really quite trivial.

Or do as others suggested and grab a couple from chair hogs. You can keep them, too. The chair hogs can buy them for you.

Maybe I misunderstood. You can take the towels anywhere you want. Just check them back in before your cruise is over. It's really quite trivial.

Or do as others suggested and grab a couple from chair hogs. You can keep them, too. The chair hogs can buy them for you.

Thank you. So if you take them to your room, do they get changed out for fresh towels or do you do that yourself? Last question, I swear!!!

Thank you. So if you take them to your room, do they get changed out for fresh towels or do you do that yourself? Last question, I swear!!!

Ask as many questions as you want!

You would exchange them at a towel station whenever you wish for fresh towels.

Ask as many questions as you want!

You would exchange them at a towel station whenever you wish for fresh towels.

When you exchange for fresh towels you do not need your seapass card.

Your cabin attendant will not remove your towels.

You can get as many towels as you want and the only requirement is to return them with your card before the cruise is over.