Can hubby and I "share" a Premium Beverage Package?

MDD&R

We're cruising in Alaska in August. A Premium Beverage Package costs $68.99 per day. For us, that seems really steep. Princess says it includes 15 alcoholic drinks per day plus unlimited sodas, bottled water, fancy coffees, etc. Fifteen alcoholic drinks is way too much for us. In fact, 15 drinks a day is more than enough for both of us together.

Here's my question: If we buy one of these packages, can we share it? In other words, could hubby buy the package and then head to a bar on the ship and order one beer (for him) AND one glass of wine (for me) at the same time? Or could he go to a coffee place and order 2 lattes and use his package for both - as long as we don't go over the 15 drinks per day max? If this is allowed, then we'd consider buying one Premium Package for him and one of the soda packages for me.

I think people get confused by the 15 drink max, I did. You are not buying a package of 15 drinks you can give to anyone you want, you are buying a package for one person's use, up to 15 drinks.

We thought about it, but it's just too much money for what we would drink.

From the terms and conditions:

"Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable."

"Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:

• Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package"

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/onboard/viewservicelisting.page?service=beverages&items=0531,0532,2312,2417,2403,2418,2372,2373,2374,2375,0526

I know some people will share, but it's not worth worrying about getting caught for me.

Edited by LH25
words need all their letters...

As above, the package is intended for one person and can be canceled if you are caught sharing. You are definitely not permitted to get two beverages at one time. You can get "up to" 15 alcoholic drinks per day for a single individual. There are several charts available to help you decide whether the package will be financially beneficial for you or whether you'd be better off on a "pay as you go" basis.

This is different than the coffee card where you have purchased a total of 15 "punches" that can be used in any way you wish. You can get a specialty coffee for yourself and your 14 best friends at a single time there, but the "unlimited" brewed coffee and tea is for the card holder only.

If I'm not mistaken, if one person buys the beverage package, every adult in the stateroom must. At least I think that's the rule on most lines.

Only line I know of with that rule is Carnival. Not true for Princess.

Interesting selective vision by the OP. Fully aware of the 15 alcoholic drink per day maximum but conveniently overlooking the strictly enforced rule that you can only order one drink at a time.

The beverage package recently went from unlimited to 15 drinks a day (probably due to sharing". I can foresee if sharing continues that it will shrink or they will follow Carnival and make everyone in the stateroom get the package

No, it's not supposed to be shared. I believe that many people were sharing and that may have contributed to the increase in price. The nice thing about Princess is that if one person gets the package, not everyone in the same cabin has to get the package. Now there are time limits and a tally of your drinks. If you do get the package be sure to make sure they accurately keep track of your drinks.

Some people have been known to share. Buy a drink at one bar and go into a show, pass the drink to the spouse and order a fresh one. This is NOT allowed.

Now I don't drink but out of curiousity, I asked how much the alcohol card was on our 15 day Hawaii cruise. It was over a thousand dollars for one person. :eek:

I would have to stay drunk to make it worth it...

It is NOT just an "alcohol" card, sorry

also includes specialty coffees, regular and 'premium' water bottles (small size only), soda, juices :cool:

Right, but you know what I meant. Nobody buys that card for the water bottle...:cool:

When Princess first announced the AIBP they said thst if one person bought it then everyone over 21 in the cabin would have to buy it.

There was so much angst and outcry that Princess relented on the all-or-no one policy (because we know our clientelle ... and they wouldn't try to screw us).

Princess recently upped the price and cut the number of alcoholic bevs per 24 hour period. More upsettedness ensued.

Give it time ... soon enough Princess will change the package again. And likely make everyone under 21 in a cabin buy unlimited soda and water package. A true all-or-no one policy. Well, and Princess can cut the number of alcoholic bevs again ... and/or make tbe benefit available only noon to midnite. They can do anything the want with this because Princess is a business and not a not-for-profit or charity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

specialty coffee - 5 bucks

4 beers - 25 bucks

4 premium waters - 10 bucks

2 nice glasses of wine 24 bucks

nightcap - 10 bucks

that's 75 bucks, easy...jess sprayin':evilsmile:

can't get those two glasses of wine with the all inclusive, because they are over $10 each

can't get those two glasses of wine with the all inclusive, because they are over $10 each

Actually, the price limit with the new package is now $12.

What's Included

• All spirits, cocktails, beer and wine by the glass $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia.
  • Bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks, Gong Cha items (if available), frappes at Coffee & Cones, smoothies and milk shakes (if available).
  • Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service, subject to menu offerings and operating hours.
  • The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package: All bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package), canned sodas, and bottled juices.

Great!!! So you are saying that stealing is ok!!!!

As you all should know by now that Princess has people that read these posts daily.

If people keep saying it is ok to share, then Princess may go back to the rule that everyone in the cabin needs to purchase the package. Just like the unlimited internet in suites -not sure if that many people really shared with other cabins or not - we certainly did not.

We have had it on five of our six last cruises. It is ok for a week but after about 12 days, I don't care if I have anothor drink or not. We did a b2b and four weeks was more than enough. On our Baltic one last summer we did not get it and averaged paying $40 pp at the most a day at the bas -no coffees. That is fine with me. We usually drop a pound or two on cruises but lately have gained a couple.

Please don't say it is ok to share!!!!

Since they've limited the number of drinks to 15 per person, they fully expect each account to max out at that number.

Why should they care who drinks them? They've decided up front that it's still profitable at the max of 15 no matter what I do with my drink.

Suppose I order different drinks to taste each different type & then throw each one out after one taste.

Same thing.

Since they've limited the number of drinks to 15 per person, they fully expect each account to max out at that number.

Why should they care who drinks them? They've decided up front that it's still profitable at the max of 15 no matter what I do with my drink.

Suppose I order different drinks to taste each different type & then throw each one out after one taste.

Same thing.

I don't think they expect everyone that has the drink package to max out.

I'm only aware of one line that requires everyone in a cabin to purchase a package if one person does. Frankly, if Princess went to such a policy, that would be the end of anyone in my cabin purchasing any package. We drink very little alcohol, so find that a "pay as you go" works better than an "all inclusive beverage" package. I do purchase a "soda and more" for my daughter, usually because they won't sell me a "soda only." For medical reasons, I cannot have the carbonation. If I were required to buy a package that I cannot use, I'd definitely carry on soda for my daughter's use and totally avoid the purchase.

No, I don't think they "expect" people to drink 15 alcoholic beverages in a 24 hour period....there are people who will take that as a challenge and do it. I suspect there were a few people who seemed to be over-using the package, thus leading to the max.

We're cruising in Alaska in August. A Premium Beverage Package costs $68.99 per day. For us, that seems really steep. Princess says it includes 15 alcoholic drinks per day plus unlimited sodas, bottled water, fancy coffees, etc. Fifteen alcoholic drinks is way too much for us. In fact, 15 drinks a day is more than enough for both of us together.

Here's my question: If we buy one of these packages, can we share it? In other words, could hubby buy the package and then head to a bar on the ship and order one beer (for him) AND one glass of wine (for me) at the same time? Or could he go to a coffee place and order 2 lattes and use his package for both - as long as we don't go over the 15 drinks per day max? If this is allowed, then we'd consider buying one Premium Package for him and one of the soda packages for me.

This info is current as of last week on the Regal, not from years ago. One person in a can purchase the drink package. If you have the drink package and share and get caught, you lose the drink package (while still paying for it every day of the cruise), and they charge you for all drinks consumed up to that point. So go ahead and share it, but don"t cry if you get caught sharing.

They make you buy for each adult in the cabin. You can’t just buy one if there are more people in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Princess you do not have to buy the PBP for each adult in the cabin. I buy one for me and a soda package for my DW. The PBP does allow me to buy a bottle of wine at a 25% discount and give it to my DW (or anyone else I choose).

They record each alcoholic drink you order and keep track of the total number/day as well as the time ordered. I have read postings of pax that were told no more because they had had the 15 drink limit but not of anyone being stopped since it had not been enough time between drinks.

On Princess you do not have to buy the PBP for each adult in the cabin. I buy one for me and a soda package for my DW. The PBP does allow me to buy a bottle of wine at a 25% discount and give it to my DW (or anyone else I choose).

They record each alcoholic drink you order and keep track of the total number/day as well as the time ordered. I have read postings of pax that were told no more because they had had the 15 drink limit but not of anyone being stopped since it had not been enough time between drinks.

I saw it on our last cruise - Crown - Nov, '17 - Passenger tried to order a double jack and coke at about 10:30 am or so at the pool bar. Was told no -no doubles covered by the PBP - was really pissed and stated he had had no problem the previous days. walked away mad, came back in about 2 minutes and ordered a jack neat... and was refused. supervisor was called not sure what happened after that...