Oasis disembarking for early flight in Orlando

feenix

Hi, We are looking at a return flight that leaves Orlando at 8:50 am. The Oasis is supposed to arrive at port at 6 am that day. Is this cutting it too close? What do I need to do to ensure that we make our flight with as much time as possible? Thanks!

Keep in mind that it is a 1 hour ride from port to airport. Security screening is a crapshoot - can be anything from fast to stupidly slow. If you elect to self-disembark and carry off all of your luggage, customs isn’t a problem AND the ship arrives on time you should make it.

Also, keep in mind that if you are not at the gate 20 minutes prior to departure, the airline has the right to cancel your seat.

Hi, We are looking at a return flight that leaves Orlando at 8:50 am. The Oasis is supposed to arrive at port at 6 am that day. Is this cutting it too close? What do I need to do to ensure that we make our flight with as much time as possible? Thanks!

I would not try this flight, it's way too early for my stress level. I would not book anything earlier than 10:30am.

I tend to agree with the previous posters. Considering that Orlando is about an hour from the port, I wouldn't chance a flight that early. If you need to arrive an hour before flight time and it's an hour drive, that would mean you have to be off the ship, through customs and in a cab by 6:50. I wouldn't do it.

I give you almost zero chance to make that flight. Remember ship in port at 6 does not let you off at 6.

In general walk off starts at 7. If all is perfect let’s say you are thru customs by 7:30 and that is pushing it.

45 min ride to MCO gets you their at 8:15. Security at MCO is always slow. Very little chance you make to gate by 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wanted to follow up by saying a few years ago my wife was starting a new job so we booked a 9:30 MCO flight after a cruise. Knew it was risky but we booked a private van to be waiting from Coca Beach Shuttle to rush us to MCO. He was waiting at 7.

As luck would have the Freedom of the Seas was late getting in and they did not start walk offs until 7:30. Thru customs by 8:15 and we made it by 9;00 and checked our bags by 9:10. He laughed at us when we asked about flight.

That being said we got on the waiting list for a 10:30 flight with 15 others. Turns out 13 of us made the flight so it worked out.

I will always believe the ship arriving late made others miss that 10:30 flight and we got their seats.

We were on the New Years Eve cruise. We did self assist and had a private car - Happy Limo. I think we got in the security line at the airport at 8:15. It took an hour to get through security. Our flight was at 11:20.

I give you almost zero chance to make that flight. Remember ship in port at 6 does not let you off at 6.

In general walk off starts at 7. If all is perfect let’s say you are thru customs by 7:30 and that is pushing it.

45 min ride to MCO gets you their at 8:15. Security at MCO is always slow. Very little chance you make to gate by 8:30.

Exactly !! Plus you have to wait for the Feds to 'release' the ship AND hope there's no problem at the port like the one we ran into at POC. An hour into debarkation ( 9:00 a.m.) The escaltors that take passengers downstairs to ICE went down:eek: They said port authority were trying to fix the problem BUT until then ALL passengers (for safety reasons, seemed it started a stampede on the downstairs and several people were injured) were told go to Deck 5 and WAIT ! Finally, about 10:30 they resumed debarkation, I was amazed at how good natured most people were ! But, really what could they do ? It really wasn't anybody's fault just the 'Peter Principle' a mechanical glitch, just one of those things. I remember thinking to myself, 'I HOPE none here had an early flight':o

Mac

Just got off Oasis this morning. Sitting at gate by 930am.

Here's what we did:

1. Self Assist exit, leaving room 7:35.

2. Rented car from National and bought a couple gallons of gas at counter to save stopping at gas station. In car by 8am.

3. Dropped car at 845am. Checked bags.

4. Had TSA Precheck

5. Hit United Club (gate) at 933am.