Age requirement in specialty restaurants

CQG67

someone on one of my roll calls asked the question about the age requirement for the specialty restaurants. I can't imagine taking a little one would be something you would want to do as there is no kiddy menu and the food choices are not in line with kids. I've never seen young children in any of them. Anyone out there know ---

someone on one of my roll calls asked the question about the age requirement for the specialty restaurants. I can't imagine taking a little one would be something you would want to do as there is no kiddy menu and the food choices are not in line with kids. I've never seen young children in any of them. Anyone out there know ---

We took our 10 y/o DGD to the Ruby CG. She enjoyed it. I believe we paid the full price and she ordered from the regular menu. We were on the Ruby last July.

was asked if there was an age requirement for the specialty restaurants. Don't recall seeing one by why would you spend big bucks for kids when there's no kiddy menu and way to much food for a young one.

Our TA gifted our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter a specialty dinner because her parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle all have the Sip and Sail promo that includes a specialty dinner where we will be celebrating her dad's 40th birthday. Luckily she has lots of experience eating out and her mom always travels with a goody bag full of interesting things to keep her attention. We plan to eat dinner when the Crown Grill opens and will, of course, take her out of the restaurant should she act up (which would be the first time ever in a restaurant).

My son has been on many cruises starting at age 2 and a 1/2. Except for adults only restaurant like on Disney, he went to the specialty dinner. He enjoyed the experience. If he were acting up, I would take him outside of the restaurant for a talk. I never had to do that. Children have to learn how to behave at restaurants and it is a teachable moment. I have no problem if parents bring their children to dinner. They just have to take responsibility if the child is being disruptive and hurting the dinner atmosphere of those around the family.

And not pleasant for the parents either.

I am not against children in the specialty restaurants BUT It is the responsibility of the Parents, Grandparents, or other guardians to remove the child from the restaurant the minute they begin to act in a disturbing manner. People did not come to listen to your child (including me).

Princess must be aware of the complaints from diners & they keep the price for young kids prohibitive to discourage bringing them.

The child price for the specialty restaurants is $14.50. It's half price which I think is very fair.

That's reasonable but I though I read somewhere it was much higher.

It's actually right on their website!

crown_grill_logo.png

A refined steakhouse that serves aged and hand cut, cooked-to-order steaks and premium seafood, including grilled shrimp and lobster. With a rich wood décor and a theater-style open kitchen, no wonder this specialty restaurant was named among the "Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses" by USA TODAY.

Watch Crown Grill Restaurant Video

Sample Menus:

Crown Grill Menu (PDF)

Price (USD)

$29.00 per adult | $14.50 per child

sabatinis_logo.png

Across the Princess fleet, more Executive Chefs hail from Italy than from any other nation. Savor signature Italian pastas and delicious seafood specialties inspired by these Italian culinary experts at arguably one of the "Best Cruise Ship Specialty Restaurants" at sea (USA TODAY).

Watch Sabatini's Italian Restaurant Video

Sample Menus:

Dinner (PDF) | Desserts (PDF)

Price (USD)

$29.00 per adult | $14.50 per child

I would hope that the reduced child's price applies to kiddos under whatever Princess-set age who ALSO order from a child's menu.

If Princess allows the kiddos to order off the regular menu, I would hope Princess would extend the same reduced price to senior citizens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I would hope that the reduced child's price applies to kiddos under whatever Princess-set age who ALSO order from a child's menu.

If Princess allows the kiddos to order off the regular menu, I would hope Princess would extend the same reduced price to senior citizens.

The fee for the specialty restaurants is a cover charge, not the cost of the meal.

Offering a reduced cover charge for children encourages families to all book together. Just like the reduced child's rate on many shore excursions.

Would a reduced cover charge for seniors increase bookings in the specialty restaurants? My guess is no, if you base it on the presumption contained in the post above that seniors are only looking to save rather than spend. Following that line of thinking to the next step, perhaps there should be a senior rate on the cruise fare if they agree to show up to dinner every night before 5PM and receive a half-portion of the entree and confine the starters to chicken soup or tomato juice and the dessert to jello or chocolate pudding. :rolleyes: