Bottled water question for people actually had the Premier Beverage Package

Beach710

Hi,

We're trying to decide whether or not to get the PBP on our upcoming cruise.

Per the Terms & Conditions 2017

“Bottled water (500ml only)
” and

“(if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package.”

This seems like a dumb question but

Can you get bottled water in the MDR and do they just set a small bottle on the table or actually pour it in your water glass?

On Celebrity and other cruise lines we've been on they just pour whatever water you wanted and keep the water cool in the wine buckets because they don’t have the big bottle vs small bottle limitation.

There are various posts about the drink prices increasing but I can find any posts with recent drink menus to compare prices. Does anyone have them?

Thanks

We had the premium package a couple weeks ago on the Regal. Never even thought to get bottled water in the MDR, just the regular ice water they pour was fine. If you want sparkling water the package covers Perrier and San Pelligrino.

As for drink prices I don’t have a menu, sorry. Wine by the glass was between $8 and $10.

Mixed drinks about the same. Maybe it was just this ship, but the pours were not at all generous. I got the feeling the bartenders are being closely monitored for the number of drinks they are ringing up (or charging for) from each bottle.

While it’s expensive as heck, we enjoyed it for the bubbly water, bottled water, and the specialty coffees and teas as well as the alcoholic beverages. We don’t drink soda, just the occasional club soda.

Hi,

We're trying to decide whether or not to get the PBP on our upcoming cruise.

Per the Terms & Conditions 2017

“Bottled water (500ml only)
” and

“(if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package.”

This seems like a dumb question but

Can you get bottled water in the MDR and do they just set a small bottle on the table or actually pour it in your water glass?

There are various posts about the drink prices increasing but I can find any posts with recent drink menus to compare prices. Does anyone have them?

Thanks

Yes, you can get the small bottle of sparkling or regular water in the MDR and they give you the bottle on the table.

Based on our cruise in October I would not say that the drink prices were increased. Perhaps they have increased since then. The upper limit on the Drink Package did increase which allowed us to have wines by the glass that were not previously covered by the package. We received our PBP as part of a promotion.

IMO the drink prices on Princess are so reasonable that I would not purchase the PBP.

Yes, you can get small bottles of still or sparkling water in MDR or any other venue. The bottle is not kept in an ice bucket - it's really only enough to fill your glass maybe 1.5 times, unlike the large bottles in the past, which they did keep on ice for you.

Didn't noticed a price increase for drinks. Everything that was under $10 before still is, and the package now includes a few more wines by the glass at Vines that were over $10 but $12 or under. (Wild Horse comes to mind)...

We were onboard just a few weeks ago. And yes, we had the Premier Package

Yes, you can get the small bottle of sparkling or regular water in the MDR and they give you the bottle on the table.

On Royal in November I was refused small bottles of sparkling water in both the HC (several different attempts) and the MDR. Had no problem obtaining them in Crooner's or Wheelhouse; in fact in Crooner's anyone with the PBP could be served an additional bottled water at the same time they got their next adult beverage.

On Royal in November I was refused small bottles of sparkling water in both the HC (several different attempts) and the MDR. Had no problem obtaining them in Crooner's or Wheelhouse; in fact in Crooner's anyone with the PBP could be served an additional bottled water at the same time they got their next adult beverage.

On the Royal TA and the previous cruise (mid October to early November) my brother-in-law (with the PBP) had no trouble getting sparkling water in the MDR but they were out of small bottles of the San Pellegrino. They did have Perrier.

My wife and I would go through about 2 mini bottles of either Perrier, or San Pelligrino each during dinner. It seemed silly when previously we could have a big bottle between us on the AIBP, but not on the PBP. We did make it a point to have a large bottle when we dined at Share one evening. I was tempted to order another as we did each have the PBP, but an after dinner liqueur won out in the end. ;)

It's possible to order before the cruise a case of water(12) to be delivered to your cabin...$7 I think, not sparkling but the 1/2 litre bottle they try to sell you as you go on shore.We always order a case for a longer cruise, instead of going upstairs to get water.

Asian cruises have tea pots in cabin n is nice to have...even in inside cabins on the Diamond.

This is very disappointing for the price Princess charges for the beverage package. Even though I rarely, (if ever) go to guest services to complain about anything, if we get the package and are refused bottled water in the dining areas I think I will.

This is very disappointing for the price Princess charges for the beverage package. Even though I rarely, (if ever) go to guest services to complain about anything, if we get the package and are refused bottled water in the dining areas I think I will.

But in the case of sparkling water they have an out.

The PBP specifies "bottled water (500 ml only)"

Small bottles of San Pellegrino or Perrier are less than 500 ml.