What's Your Favorite Oasis Class Itinerary?

Out of the 2018-2020 sailings, what's your favorite Oasis class itinerary? We've been to Charlotte Amalie, Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee and San Juan. We'd like to expand our horizons. Without starting a debate, it's safe to say a few of those are lackluster, at best. So, what's your favorite?

We are long time X cruisers but just booked our first Royal cruise on Allure in part because of itinerary which includes San Juan, St. Martin and Labadee. All great stops in my opinion.

We have been to all the ports the Oasis class ships visit in the Caribbean minus Coco Cay and my least favorite is Falmouth by far. We always stay on the ship there.

We are long time X cruisers but just booked our first Royal cruise on Allure in part because of itinerary which includes San Juan, St. Martin and Labadee. All great stops in my opinion.

We have been to all the ports the Oasis class ships visit in the Caribbean minus Coco Cay and my least favorite is Falmouth by far. We always stay on the ship there.

I like the new Allure and Symphony Westerns to Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee was our favorite itenerary. Well, with the exception of Labadee, all it is is a beach and not even a very nice one. I'm a Floridian, so maybe it takes a little more to impress me.

Haven't done much research year but Roatan and Costa Maya would be new to us.

I agree, all we have time for is to have a nice lunch and do some shopping.

Puerto Rico would be top 3 on my list also, but because it's only a 5 hr stop I feel that it's as close to useless as it can get.

Then again, RCL has everyone back on the ship spending money.

My vote would be St Marten, St Thomas and St Kitts all in one sailing.... with none of the following 4,

Will never happen as RCL will always want to include at least one of Labadee, Cococay, Falmouth and Nassau... people don't get off, keep them on the ship to spend more money.

The ports just aren't the focus on Oasis Class itineraries.

Favorite would be a transatlantic. The harmony TA ports were great. I much prefer hitting Spanish ports (or other Europe locations) vs the carribean. If there is an oasis TA in 2020 maybe check that out. Or the symphony TA (not sure on the itenerary). TA s are a much bigger committment of time and money but to me the most enjoyable trips with the best ports (assuming they port in Europe on the way).

Go Noles

St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee was our favorite itenerary. Well, with the exception of Labadee, all it is is a beach and not even a very nice one. I'm a Floridian, so maybe it takes a little more to impress me.

Haven't done much research year but Roatan and Costa Maya would be new to us.

It’s funny. We like labadee. I guess I don’t like spending a fortune on going to a beach when I live right near one in Florida. At least in labadee it is included and no extra cost for lunch, drinks, etc. Just an easy day with zero planning needed.

I skip Jamaica at all costs

If you are a beach person, try the all inclusive beautiful resorts in Jamaica. Once we discovered them, our opinion of Jamaica changed for the better. We now look forward to going there!

We try to avoid San Juan, except when we embark there for the Southern Caribbean on the Freedom or Voyager classes.

My focus is solely the greater Caribbean region (e.g.: Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean), so my comments are restricted to that.

If I understand correctly, Oasis-class Caribbean region offerings are limited to San Juan (Puerto Rico), St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Nassau, Labadee (Haiti), Falmouth (Jamaica), Cozumel, Costa Maya & Roatan. Some (e.g.: St. Thomas, Labadee, Nassau) are hit much more often than others (e.g.: Roatan).

Over the course of Voyager, Freedom & Oasis class cruises we've been blessed to enjoy, I've been to most of those, but not St. Kitts or Roatan, so can't comment on those.

Nassau's okay if you take an excursion somewhere else (e.g.: Blue Lagoon for sea lion encounter, or Pearl Island). Wouldn't be my favorite to roam around. Labadee's okay for a beach day with various excursion offerings; doesn't really feel 'authentic.' St. Thomas & St. Maarten are fine (take an excursion to the French side of S.M. and you've visited another country!), but I'd rather hit new places. Cozumel's fine, but I've been. Costa Maya was okay (did a scuba excursion), but seems to be billed as a 'cruise port' so not sure how much 'authentic culture' you're likely to see. Only been there once. On the forum, I see people dissing Nassau, Falmouth & Labadee. Did a dolphin excursion out of Falmouth & that was fun; if you just walk around sans excursion maybe not so much?

Guess I'd pick St. Thomas (nice variety of excursions), St. Kitts & Roatan because they're new, and Cozumel (the port is touristy, but has a horde of knickknacks to choose from for souvenirs).

Richard

Favorite would be a transatlantic. The harmony TA ports were great. I much prefer hitting Spanish ports (or other Europe locations) vs the carribean. If there is an oasis TA in 2020 maybe check that out. Or the symphony TA (not sure on the itenerary). TA s are a much bigger committment of time and money but to me the most enjoyable trips with the best ports (assuming they port in Europe on the way).

Go Noles

Yes, Go Noles!

Unfortunately, due to work, it's very difficult to take off 2+ weeks vacation for a TA. I'd love to be able to do it someday though.

It’s funny. We like labadee. I guess I don’t like spending a fortune on going to a beach when I live right near one in Florida. At least in labadee it is included and no extra cost for lunch, drinks, etc. Just an easy day with zero planning needed.

I get the appeal in that, especially with saving money. I guess I would just prefer that day be spent at a port where I can do a little more than sit on a beach, since I do that all the time in Florida (just went on Saturday, actually).

Guess I'd pick St. Thomas (nice variety of excursions), St. Kitts & Roatan because they're new, and Cozumel (the port is touristy, but has a horde of knickknacks to choose from for souvenirs).

Richard

We did St.Thomas last year, but have not done St. Marteen, St. Kitts or Roatan. Definitely adding those to the bucket-list.

Yes, Go Noles!

Unfortunately, due to work, it's very difficult to take off 2+ weeks vacation for a TA. I'd love to be able to do it someday though.

If you ever get the chance jump at it. My wife and I are blessed to have the flexibility. We did our first TA on liberty in 2014 before our wedding and it was absolutely the best cruise we’ve been on. On day 5 for example we had met so many people and still could look at the calendar and know we still had more than a week left on the ship.

Then our first port was Lisbon Portugal. Talk about an amazing place to visit. Then Cadiz Spain. Again so cool. Then Palma de Mallorca. Again so different than the carribean and in a good way. Then we finished in Barcelona. Again an amazing place to visit. It was the most relaxing yet somehow the most exciting cruise.

So again if time ever permits do yourself a favor and check one out. I wouldn’t do one on a smaller ship but freedom class and bigger and I would be on 2 every year if I could.

Go noles.

I like the new Allure and Symphony Westerns to Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is also the itinerary for my December 2019 Western Caribbean cruise on Harmony :) I have only visited Cozumel once (April 2015 Disney cruise), but Roatan, Costa Maya are brand new for me. CocoCay will be our first port of call and I have not returned there since my first Royal Caribbean cruise on Sovereign of the Seas in March 2008.

Like my land-based travel, I try to pick an itinerary with new ports whenever I book a cruise.