An upsale--almost!

calteacher

My TA called with information about a possible upsale, $289 p/p for an 18-day cruise from a category C to a veranda, BC. My DH didn't think he would like that location. So, a VC was available. I said "Yes"!. Very excited for about 3 minutes when she called back and said that while the HAL employee was typing the info, it disappeared! So, we will stay with our original cabin and still enjoy the cruise. So close, but not to be. Still going to be smiling.

Yes, the upsells tend to go pretty fast. Sometimes you have to jump on one right away to get it.

Like you, we prefer to do a little bit of homework before accepting one because they're not all necessarily 'good deals' depending on one's personal preferences in cabin selection.

I like your attitude in not letting this affect the enjoyment of your upcoming sailing in any way.

Have a great cruise!

A general question on an upsell. We are in a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam, 14 days. We were offered an upsell to a Vista suite (which on the Rotterdam is exactly like a regular veranda cabin on newer ships) at $299 P/P. But on HAL ships, your HSC jumps from $13.50 per day to $15 per day in a suite. And on the Rotterdam, a Vista Suite is considered a suite. Does the HSC increase if you accept the upsell ? I would assume the answer is yes. So, that increase has to be figured into the total cost of the upsell and the value of it.

A general question on an upsell. We are in a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam, 14 days. We were offered an upsell to a Vista suite (which on the Rotterdam is exactly like a regular veranda cabin on newer ships) at $299 P/P. But on HAL ships, your HSC jumps from $13.50 per day to $15 per day in a suite. And on the Rotterdam, a Vista Suite is considered a suite. Does the HSC increase if you accept the upsell ? I would assume the answer is yes. So, that increase has to be figured into the total cost of the upsell and the value of it.

Yes, the HSC increases but it would be a total increase of $3.00 per day (for two) ... just $42 total (additional) for 14 days.

I don't believe that the Vista Suites on R and S class ships are "exactly like" the newer ships. I believe that they are larger. The S & R ships have a full sofa, there is only a loveseat on the other ships. The balconies can hold a chaise lounge on the S & R ships. The other ships do not have a chaise lounge.