What type of cabin do you prefer?

Joebucks

We booked our first balcony on our last cruise. Before that we always booked OV. I thought we would really enjoy the balcony, but we spent about 45 minutes out there, total. OVs are just perfect for us! A balcony is a waste of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've had balcony, port hole, and inside cabins. We have never spent enough time on the balcony to justify the added cost. My problem with an inside cabin was the lack of light. I usually don't sleep through the night, so when I woke up I would not know if it was day or night. I solved that problem by getting a portable, battery-operated, back lit clock. Now inside cabins don't bother me at all. My husband and I are only in the cabins to sleep. We like being somewhere else on the ship.

I did book a boardwalk balcony cabin on my next cruise because I think we will actually use it to watch parades, shows, and things going on in the middle of the ship (RCL Oasis). If not for that, I would have booked an inside. The best location I ever booked was an inside on deck 10 on the Vista. It was the best location I ever had on any of my cruises.

I have been on two cruises starting last year. Everyone told me I had to do a balcony. So we did that for the first one. Let me tell you, that is quite a feeling getting out there for the first time. We probably only sat out there for a total of 1-2 hours the entire trip though.

Then for the next one, we decided to go a little cheaper. A porthole was the first choice, but we didn't want to be on the bottom of the ship. The action is not down there. So we did an interior on 8. It was right below Lido. We could walk up with easy. We figured we weren't missing out on anything. Obviously, the view was no longer there, but the room was fine. We were always out and about anywhere where views of the water are not rare.

Personally, I gotta go interior. As someone who doesn't like to stay in the room for long, I'd rather save the money and do a second cruise.

What cabin do I prefer? The Owner's Suite! What cabin can I afford? An interior or balcony. :D

What cabin do I prefer? The Owner's Suite! What cabin can I afford? An interior or balcony. :D

For the majority of us this is the truthful answer. While I am sure there are those out there that prefer the inside for darkness or whatever reason very few get them outside of financial reasons.

I don't know yet as we have our first cruise next month. We lucked out on the Elation dry dock and got a free balcony upgrade when out OV was converted. We have another Elation cruise in November booked as OV and the Paradise booked inside 3/19 so we will get a taste of all of it.

In the end it will be OV or inside, we want to cruise twice a year now that the kids are gone and balcony just isn't feasible for use that often.

For the majority of us this is the truthful answer. While I am sure there are those out there that prefer the inside for darkness or whatever reason very few get them outside of financial reasons.

I don't know yet as we have our first cruise next month. We lucked out on the Elation dry dock and got a free balcony upgrade when out OV was converted. We have another Elation cruise in November booked as OV and the Paradise booked inside 3/19 so we will get a taste of all of it.

In the end it will be OV or inside, we want to cruise twice a year now that the kids are gone and balcony just isn't feasible for use that often.

Maybe, but I can tell you that I have refused a free upgrade to a Balcony from an OV. In fact, short of a suite (maybe) I would refuse it again. I do not like Carnival balconies due to the slamming doors. Celebrity is different as they have the sliding glass doors which are much more tolerable for the neighbors. I can afford a Balcony if I want one. But I don't.

Why? You like the extra space? (Suites)

--------------------------------------------------

While we don't care about the balcony, we do like location of the good suites on Carnival ships and having more nicer space. Location on the ship is especially important to us.

;p Promise, there was a time when we didn't care about our cabin size or location ... but as time has gone by ... now we do. :D

We have only done one cruise and we had an OV. We loved it and didn't care that we didn't have a balcony. I don't think we would have used a balcony much. I found plenty of areas to sit outside without being bothered by others as no one was really around. This next cruise we also booked an OV. I didn't care either way and would have been fine with an inside cabin but dh really wanted the OV.

We prefer a balcony when we do the longer cruises. I spend more time on the balcony when we are on the ship for 14 or 15 days. However, it is not worth the extra money when we do the shorter ones (JUST MY OPINION). We do not spend enough time on the balcony (or in the cabin) on the shorter cruises so interior works just fine for 7 days or less.

I like the interior on a high deck (8,9 or above). It's cheaper, I like the dark when trying to sleep and less vibration noise. I've done balconies and OV's but for the little amount of time I use the balcony it's not worth the $$ to me.

My must have is a LIDO deck cabin. I like being up high.

I've sailed in all types except a suite, and my fave so far has been the OV at the front of the ship.

I visited my friends OV cabin down on the lower deck and the view was amazing. They could see dolphins, flying fish and all kinds of things, but when a big wave crashed against the window I was scared to death!