Slightly worried about Harmony

mondas42

Hi

We are booked on. Harmony next July for a weeks cruise after a week on land in Orlando. This will be our first time on Harmony and in the States, in fact our first time on any ship larger than Navigator. I’m a bit concerned after reading a number of reviews on here regarding the amount of overcrowding on sea days. Now we don’t like been by the pool, we normally seek out a out of the way spot, but a number of people have said that there will be no sun beds at all on sea days. Is it as bad as all that?

Thanks

I feel the large ships are so crowded on sea days that I truly try to avoid them. I am concerned that this is all they seem to be building and selling off the small ones. We are on Harmony in March during spring break week and I have already succumbed to the fact that I will see very little pool time - especially since no solarium pool and it will be crammed with kids.

Hi

We are booked on. Harmony next July for a weeks cruise after a week on land in Orlando. This will be our first time on Harmony and in the States, in fact our first time on any ship larger than Navigator. I’m a bit concerned after reading a number of reviews on here regarding the amount of overcrowding on sea days. Now we don’t like been by the pool, we normally seek out a out of the way spot, but a number of people have said that there will be no sun beds at all on sea days. Is it as bad as all that?

Thanks

We were on Allure last year and each sea day I went up to the Solarium and got a lounge chair (I was only looking for one) at the very front of the ship at the window around 10 AM. Never an issue. You were able to find scattered loungers available throughout the deck.

Was just on a full-ship gay charter on Harmony last month and even considering the guys LOVE their sun, always found loungers available. Like Bob said, you may have to go up to Deck 16 but I saw quite a few open at any given time throughout the day. Harmony is so big that there is plenty of space to put loungers and thus plenty of loungers.

Was just on a full-ship gay charter on Harmony last month and even considering the guys LOVE their sun, always found loungers available. Like Bob said, you may have to go up to Deck 16 but I saw quite a few open at any given time throughout the day. Harmony is so big that there is plenty of space to put loungers and thus plenty of loungers.

I had some friends on that one... saw the pictures and videos, looked like fun... and interesting, lol.

Anyways, getting a lounger on Harmony is about the last thing I would be concerned with. There were loungers available all over the place all the time. I'm not sure where you read otherwise.

There is less crowding on the Harmony than smaller ships, that's a very well known fact. You'll have a great time and probably think the ship feels rather empty considering how many people are on it.

we sailed on Allure last spring. Only place we felt crowded was the windjammer so we ate elsewhere as there are so many options. Sea days were awesome we watched the flow rider and zip line, lounged in the solarium and wandered the ship. Lots of loungers to be found so never an issue. We truly felt less crowded on the Allure than we have on smaller ships. There is a lot of people yes but there is so many places for them to go you never realize it. You will enjoy your Harmony cruise, I am positive of it.

You won't have a problem finding a lounger as long as you're not picky about being right by the pool :)

We would sometimes have to wander around a bit to find empty ones together on the oasis, but we never walked away defeated.

We just got off the Harmony and there are so many loungers all over the ship, I can't imagine not being able to find one in the sun. It will be so hot in July, I think it will be super easy to find one in the sun. Even if you want one in the shade, they are everywhere.

Hi

Thanks

Harmony has 30% less deckspace - due to the slides and other construtions- than her O-class sisters...... she is VERY overcrowded!:rolleyes:

Hello mondas. I see you posted on my Harmony review... take note my sailing was 1st week in January and weather was not good. So when 5000 cruisers are cramped up inside on a ship for 3 days, where do you think they all want go when the sun comes out? Yes, you got it. My photos do not lie. Many who posted before me here only sailed Oasis and Allure, but like Thorben says above the slide area takes a huge chunk of space from the deck, thus less chairs/loungers.... compare my photos with the hundreds available for Allure and Oasis for example.

I would think that in summer spring/summer/fall months many cruisers would want to get out of the sun for a period of time, and thus the ratio of guests up on pool deck to those inside doing other activities are great. Having said that, you're sailing in July. I'm guessing minimum 1000 kids. They'll all want to try the slides. I suspect the pool area where the slides are and the kids pool could be gong shows while other quieter non-pool areas could be peaceful. I'm only guessing.

Have a great cruise!

Hello mondas. I see you posted on my Harmony review... take note my sailing was 1st week in January and weather was not good. So when 5000 cruisers are cramped up inside on a ship for 3 days, where do you think they all want go when the sun comes out? Yes, you got it. My photos do not lie. Many who posted before me here only sailed Oasis and Allure, but like Thorben says above the slide area takes a huge chunk of space from the deck, thus less chairs/loungers.... compare my photos with the hundreds available for Allure and Oasis for example.

I would think that in summer spring/summer/fall months many cruisers would want to get out of the sun for a period of time, and thus the ratio of guests up on pool deck to those inside doing other activities are great. Having said that, you're sailing in July. I'm guessing minimum 1000 kids. They'll all want to try the slides. I suspect the pool area where the slides are and the kids pool could be gong shows while other quieter non-pool areas could be peaceful. I'm only guessing.

Have a great cruise!

I had no issue finding sun chairs on Harmony, even by the pool. What is also being left out in the "Harmony has less deck space" comment is that Harmony has a LOT more deck space and chairs in the solarium compared to Oasis.