Live from the Seaside 17th February

nikkiw60

Nightmare queue for disembarking and even with black card we have been told to stand in line! Yacht club people being taken to front!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you self disembark? We did not carry our bags off but we usually do. We had the Lilac time which I believe was 7:45 and there was no line up at all to get off. The only line was at immigration and it took about 10 to 15 minutes.

Your Black Card and still not off at 9am??? Seems strange. I would assume Black got priority before general disembarkation?

We were Black card and got priority. If I remember the list correctly it went: Express (Self), Excursions and Airport Transfers, YC, some other group, then Black Card (Lilac group) followed by everyone else.

Your Black Card and still not off at 9am??? Seems strange. I would assume Black got priority before general disembarkation?

Here is the list that someone else posted:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=414283&d=1518303058

We did not have to ask for priority/black card luggage tags they were just left in our cabin by the steward.

We were Black card and got priority. If I remember the list correctly it went: Express (Self), Excursions and Airport Transfers, YC, some other group, then Black Card (Lilac group) followed by everyone else.

Thanks..... Makes sense. I mostly cruise Carnival....and right after self express...Diamond/Platinum can leave. Don't recall seeing excursion/airport transfers option. I think passengers with early requirements just needed to see guest services (showing proof) they needed a early luggage tag

Here is the list that someone else posted:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=414283&d=1518303058

We did not have to ask for priority/black card luggage tags they were just left in our cabin by the steward.

Interesting....They carry the experience level through debarkation. Not a huge time disparity...just surprising that Black is after Aurea and Wellness. Then again I have heard MSC has a very large number of Black Voyager Club people.

One thing that I found weird about disembraking is that they provide a time and place on that sheet. We went to the Champagne Bar as directed a little before 7:45 and sat down. I figured that someone from MSC would be there and tell us when/where to leave. By 7:50 no one had arrived and there was a bunch of people gathered at the bar.

I saw that the door was open on deck 6 and there was no line to get off the ship so we just went down stairs, scanned out cards and left.

I think that theoretically anyone could disembark at any time. Although if someone gets off way too earlier their luggage may not be available yet.

It was actually a shame as a lot of people didn’t go down to dinner there were lots of empty tables!.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/525445e48ce532dee091a6e9f51b9d57.jpg[/img]

It’s not technically a review it’s our cruise and observations. At end I will summarise but not do a review.

What I will say is I am trying to persuade Matt into booking again Easter 2019!

Thats the cruise we have booked for our 1st Seaside (3rdMSC) Cruise. On hearing us talk about it we are now being joined by friends of ours as well.

I am looking fwd very much to experiencing this ship with all its outdoor places to eat and drink.

Thank you for your thoughts and hard work this week. Safe trip home.

One thing that I found weird about disembraking is that they provide a time and place on that sheet. We went to the Champagne Bar as directed a little before 7:45 and sat down. I figured that someone from MSC would be there and tell us when/where to leave. By 7:50 no one had arrived and there was a bunch of people gathered at the bar.

I saw that the door was open on deck 6 and there was no line to get off the ship so we just went down stairs, scanned out cards and left.

I think that theoretically anyone could disembark at any time. Although if someone gets off way too earlier their luggage may not be available yet.

Have just found out our friends self disembarked and weer off the ship by 7.30.

aaf74297003b5fd414016dd3132736a2.jpg68f4ab553e3bd335486c0a1e92bd25e3.jpg32169ec64f2ba6d441ca5f36b21f90b7.jpgd40f7839b1d85243cadce6721ae0d583.jpg

At Xmas we decided to get off around 10 am so went and sat near the Venchi bar and had a few drinks ... :D

Btw sorry but didn’t see the waiter you asked about.