Just became a 3 star Mariner

baja mama

I read that we get 25% of specialty restaurants and wine packages. Is the discount just taken off when they put the order in the computer? What about any wine packages or payment for Pinnacle I make before the cruise on-line?

Thanks

Lynn

Congrats on becoming 3 star and enjoy your discounts.

If you order a specialty restaurant dinner or wine package before the cruise on-line, you will be charged full price. When you get on the ship the discount amount will be credited to your on-board account.

If you purchase the same items on-board, the discounted amount is added to your on-board account.

We have just become 4-Star Mariners. It's taken a long time as we only cruise on average once a year. We started in 2007 and by the end of a cruise in 2016 we were 7 days off being 4-Star. Our latest cruise has done the job but I think we are not going to make it to 5-Star somehow! Now to do another cruise with the advantages - pity there isn't free Wifi!

We have just become 4-Star Mariners. It's taken a long time as we only cruise on average once a year. We started in 2007 and by the end of a cruise in 2016 we were 7 days off being 4-Star. Our latest cruise has done the job but I think we are not going to make it to 5-Star somehow! Now to do another cruise with the advantages - pity there isn't free Wifi!

Congrats on making it to 4-Star. We LOVE the perks -- the free laundry, the discounts, the priority boarding. Wish there were more, but we'll take these!!!

Congrats on becoming 3 star and enjoy your discounts.

If you order a specialty restaurant dinner or wine package before the cruise on-line, you will be charged full price. When you get on the ship the discount amount will be credited to your on-board account.

If you purchase the same items on-board, the discounted amount is added to your on-board account.

True, but be sure to follow up on this while onboard, as it is not always automatic.

Congratulations on becoming 4 Star - enjoy the free laundry and the added benefits!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Congrats! I am just now 1 star, so I have a ways to go! How are the perks presented on ship? Will the collectible gift be in our room and will we get special invites to the brunch?

A couple of days before the Mariner's Luncheon, you will receive an invitation in your mailbox or cabin. At the lunch you will receive a commemorative Holland America Line tile (1 per guest) - that's your collectible gift. Some folks take them home and make tea trays or trivets with them or use them as drink coasters, while others use them for a back splash in their kitchen or powder room. Others simply toss them in a drawer - it's up to you what you do with it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)