Anyone on Navigator right now .?

phillipahain

Thank you!

7:21 am here on the Navigator. We made it safely back to the port sometime after midnight with the assistance of 2 tugs. No word as yet regarding our status and the tide is quite low at this time. Not sure what the tide times will be today. Now there are 3 ships out at anchor - Silver Whisper, Norwegian Jewel (both there since yesterday) and another one too far away to identify. Wish us luck!

Captain just announced that thus far their inspections reveal no water leaks or visible damage. There will be some divers coming in the next hour or two to do a full inspection and then determine what the course of action will be. We have no clearance to get off the ship so Jamie said this will be treated just as the planned sea day we were supposed to have enroute to Semarang. Captain says he is feels positive......

Just had an update from the captain. While the ship crew has not found any damage, they have to get divers in to check out the hull, and then an inspector from Lloyds has to sign off on the state of the ship before we can proceed. They expect the divers in the next few hours, so we will likely be here all day. We cannot leave the ship, so we are continuing with our sea day program.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Silver Whisper and just sailed from Bali. While I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information, we were told by a Silversea staff member that the ship will stay in Bali until the 10th so that special divers from Sumatra or Java can come to inspect the hull.

So sorry that the passengers have had their vacation plans changed, but at least everyone is safe.

Emtbsam,

thanks for the information, although we do realize it has not been confirmed. We have not heard anything from the captain since this morning, so this is the latest update for us. We are obviously not moving anywhere soon.

Hope all is well with the pax. Ship issues would best be left to people on board the Navigator. More accurate, don't you think?

Now. Let's speculate what Regent will do for the passengers on this unexpected delay if it continues for

any length of time. I have to think some of you already have opinions.

We are onboard the Navigator. It is 11:23 PM Tuesday, Bali time. Still here and the tide reaches high point shortly. As of 7 PM the captain told us the divers might get here by 9:30. It would be up to Lloyd’s and Miami when/if we leave after the divers make their survey.

He hoped we might still get out tonight but that seems unlikely. It is really a shame as we will either most likely miss Semerang (Borobudur) or Kota Kinabalu ports, both of which were highly anticipated. Many questions are unanswered as to what really happened, eg was there a pilot on board, etc. We are not happy campers at this point and communication has been marginal. Clearly there is nothing the passengers can do but wait and see what happens next. Suffice to say a highly anticipated cruise has turned quite bad. This is our 8th Regent cruise, but don’t expect we will be back soon.

We are scheduled to join the ship in Singapore for the Singapore to CapeTown segment. Needless to say all this news is of great concern and I have been in touch with Regent offices in Miami trying to find out how and if this will impact our trip. We are supposed to fly out of Seattle on Friday and than have a couple of days in Singapore before getting on the Navigator. If it turns out the divers don't even get to the ship until the 10th, I doubt if Regent will want us to leave Seattle on the 9th. When I talked to a Regent agent in Miami this morning, I really got no news. They simply don't know yet what is going on or when divers will actually arrive to do the ship survey. The gentleman I talked with did take my telephone number and promised to call when they had any news but I will still be calling them back tomorrow. I suspect the best source of information will be from someone on the ship and I really appreciate this forum and their posts. I suspect and hope there is no hull damage and that we will be off to begin a great adventure on Friday as scheduled. I just wish I would hear some confirmation soon so I can get on with my packing without any doubts. Hope to join everyone on the ship in Singapore as scheduled.

We too join the ship in Singapore, but as we are not scheduled to embark until Tuesday 13th, I'm feeling confident that all will be well. We are also spending some days in Singapore first and I'll be watching any developments in the meantime. (Hope those on board will continue to keep us in the picture?)

We are scheduled to join the ship in Singapore for the Singapore to CapeTown segment. Needless to say all this news is of great concern and I have been in touch with Regent offices in Miami trying to find out how and if this will impact our trip. We are supposed to fly out of Seattle on Friday and than have a couple of days in Singapore before getting on the Navigator. If it turns out the divers don't even get to the ship until the 10th, I doubt if Regent will want us to leave Seattle on the 9th. When I talked to a Regent agent in Miami this morning, I really got no news. They simply don't know yet what is going on or when divers will actually arrive to do the ship survey. The gentleman I talked with did take my telephone number and promised to call when they had any news but I will still be calling them back tomorrow. I suspect the best source of information will be from someone on the ship and I really appreciate this forum and their posts. I suspect and hope there is no hull damage and that we will be off to begin a great adventure on Friday as scheduled. I just wish I would hear some confirmation soon so I can get on with my packing without any doubts. Hope to join everyone on the ship in Singapore as scheduled.

I just received a call from Regent's Miami office. They said the divers are expected shortly and they hoped to have everything done and be on their way later today. That is good news as long as they don't find anything wrong.

She is under way!!:)

I just received a call from Regent's Miami office. They said the divers are expected shortly and they hoped to have everything done and be on their way later today. That is good news as long as they don't find anything wrong.

Good news, The divers were much later than the Captain thought, But....We sailed sometime before 6AM this morning. We are now in the Badung Strait heading to Kota Kinabaki. we will pick up our planned itinerary there.

All is well on the Navigator. So far this has been a really interesting World Cruise!!

Carolyn

http://www.2018worldcruise.blogspot.com

Edited by cwn

We had dinner last night with Jamie and Dana. He was working three different versions of Passages at 8PM last night. He actually left the table to go approve a final version.

The gangway was at the entrance to the dinning room and when we all left a little after 9, he checked with officer in charged and was very surprised that the divers still were not there! Apparently they were suppose to be there by 9 as had been the reported by the Captain earlier.

No passages showed up during the night and still non this morning. So things changed again with the much later arrival that originally expected. But this is Bali!

I was up until about 1AM and there was no sign that anything was happening. There still has been no official word on the status, but we had to have sailed near 5:30. It was near low tide at that time and it is a very slow go through the tight harbor channel. The Captain has had enough of Bali I suspect!

The TV is the only thing telling us our next port, but it is just 7:30AM here. I am sure we will hear something over the PA about the inspection soon. The good news is we are moving and in the right direction, so the hull must have passed inspection.

Carolyn

Edited by cwn

Just heard from the captain. The divers did not start their inspection until 2 am, and we got cleared at 4:30. We are going to miss Semarang (as expected, since they brought the Indonesian immigration officials on at 11 pm last night to go through all the passports). Our next port of call is Kota Kinabalu.

Apparently only a few scratches were found on the hull so the Lloyds Registry rep gave the go-ahead to depart. I heard a low rumble of the engines around 5 am & decided it was time to go out for my morning deck walk - about a dozen of us were up there for the pre-dawn 'sail-away' @ 530am. Even saw one of the marine police boats (blue lights flashing) - maybe was there to hopefully avoid a repeat of yesterday's situation. In any case, we are on our way & it's a sunny day.

Looking to welcome you on board, carld!