Bermuda ferry

doones2

The NCL ferry is free and picks you up at the gangway of the ship.

Birdtravels,

Thank you for the info on the ferry, does it go to

St. George and Hamilton? This is our 1st cruise on NCL, and 1st cruise too Bermuda

Thanks again,

Kathy

The NCL Ferry Bo Hengy II that ran the Dockyard - St. George's route during the summer 2017 (April to October) when the NCL ships were in dock, was again retained by NCL for 5 years starting summer 2018, so it will continue to service the NCL passengers.

The boat went away to FL to be renovated and refitted over this winter. Hopefully it will be back soon bright and ready to serve the NCL passengers again.

Birdtravels,

Thank you for the info on the ferry, does it go to

St. George and Hamilton? This is our 1st cruise on NCL, and 1st cruise too Bermuda

Thanks again,

Kathy

Last season, ran only from Dockyard/ St George. You can simply take the Bermuda ferry to Hamilton- using one token.

The NCL ferry didn't have as many runs as the Bermuda ferry. Simple to use either. But keep track of the schedules, and with the Dawn- who is in port on Sunday- limited transportation due to schedules on ferries and buses.

On the 10/28 Bermuda sailing. Would the NCL ferry still be running for this sailing?

MARAPRINCE

Should be running.

Last season our Getaway TA stopped in Bermuda and we were the last ship and people to use the NCL ferry and it was late October.

P.S. we as Bermuda residents, thoroughly enjoyed being on the ship to sail into Bermuda and out, and we took the NCL Ferry and enjoyed the ride. As tourists! I took hundreds of photos from ship and ferry and we've lived in Bermuda over 37 years.

Edited by bluesea777

Last season, ran only from Dockyard/ St George. You can simply take the Bermuda ferry to Hamilton- using one token.

The NCL ferry didn't have as many runs as the Bermuda ferry. Simple to use either. But keep track of the schedules, and with the Dawn- who is in port on Sunday- limited transportation due to schedules on ferries and buses.

Huh? The NCL Ferry went on the Dockyard - St. George's route all the time when the NCL ships were in dock - all day long.

Our son worked on the NCL ferry last season - the NCL ferry ran on M-F only, no weekends, and some days (M, W, Th) they ran 12 hours, lol.

The Bermuda ferry doesn't run to St. G as often.

Also, Sundays are rest/Sabbath day for the Bermudians - church day and day with families/kids.

The NCL Ferry Bo Hengy II that ran the Dockyard - St. George's route during the summer 2017 (April to October) when the NCL ships were in dock, was again retained by NCL for 5 years starting summer 2018, so it will continue to service the NCL passengers.

The boat went away to FL to be renovated and refitted over this winter. Hopefully it will be back soon bright and ready to serve the NCL passengers again.

In the past NCL had said they were building two ferries that were expected to provide this service starting in 2018. I take it that is no longer true and instead they will continue to charter the Bo Hengy II ?

Birdtravels, Thank you for the info on the ferry, does it go to

St. George and Hamilton? This is our 1st cruise on NCL, and 1st cruise too Bermuda. Thanks again, Kathy

They are running to St. George. NCL has commissioned another ferry to sail to Hamilton. Post #41 has a representative schedule for the Breakaway last year (the Dawn was in port on alternate days with alternate schedules) https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449&page=3

As far as we were concerned, 4 round trips a day was pretty good.

They are running to St. George. NCL has commissioned another ferry to sail to Hamilton. Post #41 has a representative schedule for the Breakaway last year (the Dawn was in port on alternate days with alternate schedules) https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449&page=3

As far as we were concerned, 4 round trips a day was pretty good.

Thank you for posting your link. Does the ferry take about an hour?

Should be running.

Last season our Getaway TA stopped in Bermuda and we were the last ship and people to use the NCL ferry and it was late October.

P.S. we as Bermuda residents, thoroughly enjoyed being on the ship to sail into Bermuda and out, and we took the NCL Ferry and enjoyed the ride. As tourists! I took hundreds of photos from ship and ferry and we've lived in Bermuda over 37 years.

By the time we arrive in Bermuda it will be November! That is why I am asking if it still will be running. Leaving NY on 10/28, 2 sea days to arrive in Bermuda (10/31) around 5 PM, we have one full day (11/1) and then (11/2) back to NY.

MARAPRINCE

By the time we arrive in Bermuda it will be November! That is why I am asking if it still will be running. Leaving NY on 10/28, 2 sea days to arrive in Bermuda (10/31) around 5 PM, we have one full day (11/1) and then (11/2) back to NY.

MARAPRINCE

Since it is NCL's contracted ferry, it stands to reason that it will run whenever an NCL ship is there. It wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly stop use of their own ferry when they still have a ship there.

My understanding of the running of the ferry, is that the ferry is available whenever an NCL cruise ship is at the Dockyard.

SBtS

We took the Monday 3:45 ferry to St. Georges and the return at 5pm. It was a nice, free leisure cruise. One of the best parts was that only a handful of people had the same idea so we had practically the whole ferry to ourselves on the leg to St. Georges. We had fun taking pictures and being able to move around to different vantage points.

We took the Monday 3:45 ferry to St. Georges and the return at 5pm. It was a nice, free leisure cruise. One of the best parts was that only a handful of people had the same idea so we had practically the whole ferry to ourselves on the leg to St. Georges. We had fun taking pictures and being able to move around to different vantage points.

You mention “on the leg to St. Georges”, but the ferry being discussed ONLY goes to St. George’s. There is no other leg. It’s the NCL private, free ferry from the dockyard to St George’s.

You mention “on the leg to St. Georges”, but the ferry being discussed ONLY goes to St. George’s. There is no other leg. It’s the NCL private, free ferry from the dockyard to St George’s.

The NCL Ferry also Goes FRom St.George To Dockyard for the other leg.;)

Since it is NCL's contracted ferry, it stands to reason that it will run whenever an NCL ship is there. It wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly stop use of their own ferry when they still have a ship there.

My understanding of the running of the ferry, is that the ferry is available whenever an NCL cruise ship is at the Dockyard.

SBtS

I'm sure the ferry will continue to run for you.

I stated we were the last NCL ship and last NCL pax to use the ferry last season. There were no more NCL ships visiting Bermuda after us.

:rolleyes:On the free NCL ferry the return leg from St. George's to the dockyard is quite full at the end of the day. Sorry if my using the term "leg" on a roundtrip is either confusing or misused.

:rolleyes:On the free NCL ferry the return leg from St. George's to the dockyard is quite full at the end of the day. Sorry if my using the term "leg" on a roundtrip is either confusing or misused.

It should not have been confusing at all. I'm so accustomed to people inquiring about this ferry also going to Hamilton, and/or getting it confused with the regular Bermuda island ferry, that I made a poor assumption. No big deal.