Star Princess - Does anyone know the appx cab fare from LAX to San Pedro

iv18-Diane

We have always used Super Shuttle and with the online discount it was $34 for two plus tip of course. They do a great job. We have no complaints. They are waiting outside the ship when we disembark and take us directly to the airport. It is so efficient.

If you don't like riding with others then the cab is $60 to $90. There are also private limousine service available.

You really don't want to pay taxi fares for this. Super Shuttle is great; there are other shuttle services. At the very least, use Uber or Lyft--cheaper than a taxi and better service. I've never had a questionable Uber driver in LA; I've had some pretty shady taxi drivers!

You really don't want to pay taxi fares for this. Super Shuttle is great; there are other shuttle services. At the very least' date=' use Uber or Lyft--cheaper than a taxi and better service. I've never had a questionable Uber driver in LA; I've had some pretty shady taxi drivers![/quote']

We will be doing same in December...LAX San Pedro Port. Where do you get picked up when one chooses Uber or Lyft

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was going to say "right outside baggage check," but this is from the Uber website for LA. Do not call Uber until you have your luggage and are ready to be picked up. They will be there in a matter of a few minutes.

Riders requesting uberPOOL, uberX, uberXL, and UberSELECT should meet their drivers on the departures (upper) level.

Riders requesting UberBLACK, UberSUV, or UberLUX should meet their driver downstairs on the arrivals (lower) level.

Meet your driver curbside.

On the departures level, there are 5 “Ride Service” pickup signs located curbside (A-B and D-F). This is where you should meet your driver.

On the arrivals level, select your terminal and nearest door number, and your driver will meet you curbside.

If you need to confirm your pickup location, contact your driver through the app.

If you don't want to deal with Super Shuttle (we did and it was great) you can always save money by using Uber. It will be less than a taxi and we've never had any issues when we've used them.

Vote here for Super Shuttle. Used it a few years ago for transport from LAX to pre-cruise hotel stay in San Pedro. For most airports you can save a couple of dollars by pre-booking Super Shuttle. Just get online and check.

Vote here for Super Shuttle. Used it a few years ago for transport from LAX to pre-cruise hotel stay in San Pedro. For most airports you can save a couple of dollars by pre-booking Super Shuttle. Just get online and check.

Actually, if you want to save money, book two people separately. You get the same discount online for booking one person as for booking multiples. It's a booking discount - not a per person discount. Might as well keep a couple of extra bucks in your pocket. You can always use it as part of a tip somewhere. We didn't take SS from LAX to the port. We took it from LAX to Crowne Plaza - which is not really much of a difference. It was easy and inexpensive.

Our off peak rate (late night) was $30 to the Crowne Plaza. Going to LAX right after the cruise was $52. This was with Uber. Very fast and courteous service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took super shuttle from LAX to San Pedro port. Its a shared van ride, but everyone in the van was going to one of two hotels close to the port. It was $19 per person.

We used Super Shuttle before and it was terrific. Fast and easy, pre-reserve, call when you have your luggage, and they come and get you.