Live from Breakaway

mw4357

Missing Nassau tomorrow due to storm in New York

What i cant understand is the storm is supposed to affect the mid atlanticNew York area Friday into Saturday. So why leave early and get us closer to the storm path????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

any storm that can produce rough seas, the ship has to reduce speed. Sailing from NYC to Nassau usually requires the ship to maintain 22 knots (full speed), if this speed can not be met then the ship might arrive late to port

with what happen almost 2 months ago, i think they are being very caution and want to sail at a reduce speed or slower

Following ... this is going to be interesting to track & monitor and first of all, safe & sailing, expect a bumpy ride coming home to NYC.

Well, it's mother nature ... been seeing alerts this late afternoon for early Friday AM thru Sunday AM - the worst being over a span of 24 hours - issued for citywide - widespread - flood watdch (not just urban/flash flooding) from periods of heavy rainfall, high wind watch (sustained 25 to 40, gusts up to 60 mph) ... flying debris. Power outage are always possible ... Notices going out to high-rises & construction sites to secure things, etc.

Just looking at AIS tracking data, ship seemed to be on a course/heading toward the Florida/US mainland, hugging closer to the coast - it seemed. ETA for arrival into NYC is this Saturday, 3/3 at 12:00 UTC (that's super early, by almost a day - roughly 5:00 AM, maybe 6 AM in the morning ??) ... from the posted info on MarineTraffic site & elsewhere.

Oceanweather's data on waves & sea states not showing anything serious, yet, ship is going to run into a headwind, bow to stern - they are going to need to fire up all the engines for speed, if they wish to go fast, or throttle & adjust the ride for more comfort, as best as they can.

Accuweather & Weather Channel, this is a massive storm already on top of the Carolinas but stretching all the way back into the Midwest ... Dallas, TX area - not a pretty one. NYC will start to see rain tomorrow afternoon, wind begin to pickup - continued with rain/wind into Friday, possibly mixed in with snow later in the day, wind gusts up to 60 mph - the worst will be over by Saturday morning.

The Atlantic sea swells & waves often remain high & rough for days afterward - surely, NCL and ship's captain/officers on the bridge are very busy tracking the storm.

Missing Nassau tomorrow due to storm in New York

What i cant understand is the storm is supposed to affect the mid atlanticNew York area Friday into Saturday. So why leave early and get us closer to the storm path???? Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Winter Storm Riley - Big Nor'easter and you'll get a first hand view.

Why not do something crazy and ask one of the officers on the ship? ;p

I did ask and was told

It is for the safety of the passengers. Plan to arrive in port on time, going to go very slow

I did ask and was told

It is for the safety of the passengers. Plan to arrive in port on time, going to go very slow

Thanks from all on CC and hold on tight. Sea looks calm now. Weather further north on your route, not pretty. Stay safe & maybe can still enjoy outdoors today ...a0abb22607ddedf7433f07428678e25e.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring the adverse weather conditions forecasted to impact the Northeast and will be modifying the itineraries for Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Gem, to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Breakaway will not call in Nassau, Bahamas today as previously scheduled. The ship will arrive in New York as scheduled on March 4.

Norwegian Gem will now call in St. Thomas, USVI on March 2 instead of Fort-de-France, Martinique as previously scheduled. The ship will arrive in New York as scheduled on March 6.

Should there be any updates, guests will be advised and updated information will be posted on www.ncl.com.

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring the adverse weather conditions forecasted to impact the Northeast and will be modifying the itineraries for Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Gem, to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Breakaway will not call in Nassau, Bahamas today as previously scheduled. The ship will arrive in New York as scheduled on March 4.

Norwegian Gem will now call in St. Thomas, USVI on March 2 instead of Fort-de-France, Martinique as previously scheduled. The ship will arrive in New York as scheduled on March 6.

Should there be any updates, guests will be advised and updated information will be posted on www.ncl.com.

Thank you for the UPDATE!!!

My boyfriend’s kids are on that ship. I see they were in North Carolina area tonight so making good time. Is it really rough on board? :( When do they think you will arrive in NYC??

Be safe!!

USCG just departed, heading back on course. We are still off the coast of Jacksonville FL

How is sea state this evening?

Hovering off the Florida coast make sense with the storm now crossing into NYC ... that would put a lot of safe distance from this massive Nor-Easter. See radar image ...

c4f81be54fca96e5c413888814a0463f.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk