St Kitts shore excursion Any suggestions

pepc2

:)

We took a ship's tour, Catamaran Sail and Nevis beach swim. It was excellent. Great views of the Islands, lots of drinks. Even the good local beer was included, where many similar excursions only provide rum punch ( and usually made with really cheap rum). There was a full hour to swim on Paradise Beach on Nevis, and the crew set up a portable bar on shore. Lots of music on the way back too. A most enjoyable day. Price was fair as well.

K

St Kitts has many possibilities for enjoyable excursions. It would be unreasonable to think one would find a single excursion that EVERYONE has taken and enjoyed. St. Kitts is also a good island for using independent operators (rather than ship excursions) or DIY. The more popular options are discussed frequently on the St. Kitts subforum (in the Ports of Call forum)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=428

Just wondering what is a must see on St Kitt or what excursion did everyone do and liked
We went on the train and really liked it. It is for people who want to see the island and the way locals live.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I took a Celebrity excursion to Cockleshell Beach and really enjoyed it. The van ride to the beach was scenic, and the driver stopped at the top of Timothy Hill, where we had a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other.

Cockleshell was a nice beach. The tour included a lounge chair, and I paid $10 USD for an umbrella. The water was clear turquoise and calm, very nice for swimming. The beach faces Nevis, which provides a nice view across the water.

We have been twice and our days couldn't have been more different. Both were great!

The first time, we did a private tour with Javin (https://myislandstours.shutterfly.com/). It was awesome! It was supposed to be a shared tour, but my husband and I were the only ones to show up, so we had a private tour. Very active, lots of hiking and climbing. We were exhausted the next day. This was probably one of my favorite tours ever.

Our photo album from the day: My Island Tour with Javin

The second time, we booked a day at Palms Court Gardens (http://www.palmscourtgardens.com/). This time, we relaxed around the pool all day. Great views, great people, great drinks, great food. We walked back and forth from the ship. It was about a 15 minute walk.

Here's a link to my photo review of that day: Photo review: Adventure OTS, 8/13/16, St. Kitts

We rented a4x4 ATV, put on helmets, and played follow the leader all over the island. Our guide took us everywhere. There were just 6 of us following the guide. Felt very safe and enjoyed seeing the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royston Tours give an outstanding tour! Cannot recommend them highly enough. He timed our stops so that we were ahead of the large buses. Only 4 of us on the tour which was perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a bucket list line that we checked off in St. Kitts - zip line! This was the perfect Island to do it with friends that we have cruised with for many years. Now understand that we are in our late 60s and had no problems with the multi level lines. Not a tour from the ship, but easy to arrange for individuals or a group.

Have fun whatever you do,

Hal

We also did this tour last year and really enjoyed it.

We took a ship's tour, Catamaran Sail and Nevis beach swim. It was excellent. Great views of the Islands, lots of drinks. Even the good local beer was included, where many similar excursions only provide rum punch ( and usually made with really cheap rum). There was a full hour to swim on Paradise Beach on Nevis, and the crew set up a portable bar on shore. Lots of music on the way back too. A most enjoyable day. Price was fair as well.

K

If you like a terrific beach with great accommodations, try Carambola Beach Club. Not booked through the ship with no entrance fee and no reservations needed. $8 pp each way cab ride and very dependable pick up for return to ship. Good restaurant and full facilities with umbrellas and beach chair available. A walk down the beach takes you to the Shipwreck Bar for food and drinks with a more local flair at very reasonable prices.

Here's the links:

http://www.carambolabeachclub.com

https://shipwreckstkitts.com/

We went on the train and really liked it. It is for people who want to see the island and the way locals live.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

That train takes you to places on the island you don't normally see ... quite enjoyable! (y)

Another good one is the catamaran sail to Nevis! (y)

K

We took this tour two years ago and had a similar experience. One of the better ship's tours we have had in the Caribbean.

Did you sit up top?

Do you get any cocktails?

You have seats for your use both at the top and the bottom. We like sitting at the top better ... but the bathrooms are on the bottom level.

Yes, rum type of drinks are feel. People sometimes call it "The Drunk Train". :D

We recently took the rum tasting and island history tour and loved it. My wife and I don't drink a lot of rum but were willing to try something different. The tour a about 3 hours and took us around Basseterre and then through the outskirts of town to Fairview Great House and Botanical Gardens. They lead you through most of the house and tell you about the history of it and then do a rum tasting at the end which was fabulous. Our guide was excellent and we had a great time. I highly recommend it.

If you like a terrific beach with great accommodations, try Carambola Beach Club. Not booked through the ship with no entrance fee and no reservations needed. $8 pp each way cab ride and very dependable pick up for return to ship. Good restaurant and full facilities with umbrellas and beach chair available. A walk down the beach takes you to the Shipwreck Bar for food and drinks with a more local flair at very reasonable prices.

Here's the links:

http://www.carambolabeachclub.com

https://shipwreckstkitts.com/

Shipwreck Bar is no more as of 2/28/18. See their website for the details.

:loudcry:

I give another vote to Thenford Grey. One of the best tours we ever took, worth every penny. Also, Mr. Grey is one of the nicest people I have met in all our travels.
Another vote for Thenford Grey from me. We enjoyed the tour with him in November. A really top quality and very intelligent guy, eager to share his love and knowledge of the island.

Sent from my P027 using Forums mobile app