Edge Dining Packages

Bugsy1966

I am also booked for a party of six for specialty dining. All of us have prepaid, so when I emailed the person in charge, Ivana, with our dates and times for our Edge TA, I was able to get the times wanted, except for the new Lawn Grill. We got 6:00 due to no 6:30 for our table for six. Again, this is only for specialty dining!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm confused. Who is this Ivana? Are you saying you bought the dining package and then were able to book the specific restaurants? Are you in a suite?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
I, too, would like to know who exactly is Ivana? And how exactly can she be contacted?

Rick, someone on another Edge thread described her success with booking dining on the Edge for a large group through Ivana, who said she was specifically working with Edge dining. Another person got some info through Ivana, but wasn't able to book what she needed. It may be worth emailing her with questions about Edge dining (if she is still with the company), if you have any.

The email address: Ivrhovec@rccl.com (Ivana’s email)

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but could someone clarify which specialty restaurants are included in the dining packages?

These restaurants: the Steakhouse, Le Grand Bistro, Rooftop Garden Grill, Eden, Raw on 5 and Magic Carpet (when on 5 becomes extension of Raw on 5 - on the website Raw on 5 is mentioned as having a $35 credit on a la Carte menu with the specialty dining package) are likely all included in the specialty dining packages (Rooftop, Raw on 5 and Steakhouse are specifically mentioned in package description).

I doubt that Dinner on the Edge (Magic Carpet on 16) is included as that will likely be a Chef's Table-type experience and my guess is that it will cost >$100 (probably only done1-2 times per cruise). Le Petit Chef is an additional $30 over the $25 Le Grand Bistro cost. Maybe the specialty dining package will cover the $25 and not the extra $30? I doubt the whole thing is included since they are only doing it 1-2 times per cruise and if it is included in the packages, the demand would exceed that, I would think. Just a guess...

Maybe Ivana, who is reportedly the Edge dining contact, would be able to answer questions, now that they have had some time to get their facts straight.

Ivrhovec@rccl.com (Ivana’s email)

Rick, someone on another Edge thread described her success with booking dining on the Edge for a large group through Ivana, who said she was specifically working with Edge dining. Another person got some info through Ivana, but wasn't able to book what she needed. It may be worth emailing her with questions about Edge dining (if she is still with the company), if you have any.

The email address: Ivrhovec@rccl.com (Ivana’s email)

Thank you, I never did see an email address. Nor would I have known who to ask for

if I called. Sailing 2-3-19, Sky Suite.

Thank you, I never did see an email address. Nor would I have known who to ask for

if I called. Sailing 2-3-19, Sky Suite.

It's worth a shot emailing her with dining questions - I was planning to email her if I had questions.

The Sky Suites look pretty nice - we have an aft one for our first cruise - excited to see what the new Sky Suites are like, :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just booked Edge for 11/24/19, this will be my first time sailing on Celebrity as I am Platinum on NCL, but was looking for a change.

Booked a Sky Suite, so we have access to The Retreat, but will still want to try the specialty restaurants. Any suggestions? We don't like sushi so raw is out, but any other suggestions will be appreciated..

How does the dining work on Celebrity? On NCL you can pre-book 90 days prior (date/time/specialty restaurant) can you do that here???

Hi all,

Just booked Edge for 11/24/19, this will be my first time sailing on Celebrity as I am Platinum on NCL, but was looking for a change.

Booked a Sky Suite, so we have access to The Retreat, but will still want to try the specialty restaurants. Any suggestions? We don't like sushi so raw is out, but any other suggestions will be appreciated..

How does the dining work on Celebrity? On NCL you can pre-book 90 days prior (date/time/specialty restaurant) can you do that here???

You can book specialty dining ahead of time - I'm not sure when it opens for your cruise, but I have booked at least 10 months out (and maybe more). I have a reservation in May, 2019 for another Celebrity ship and the dining reservations aren't available yet. I would keep checking your reservation online to see if it is available.

If you individually purchase each dining experience, you can book preferred times/dates ahead. If you purchase a dining package, you will save money, but you have to book dates/times onboard and may have to be flexible with the times, depending on availability.

As far as suggestions, we will have to see what the reviews are like in December (actually I will experience it first hand in Decemeber - can't wait!), but I am most excited about The Fine Cut Steakhouse (steak and seafood), Le Petit Chef and Dinner on the Edge (on the Magic Carpet). I am also booked for Eden, which is a dinner/show combo that may be a bit "out there", but should be interesting to do once. We also have a reservation for Le Grand Bistro, but may end up just doing lunch there (and the Rooftop Grill, which looks very good).

Luminae for suite guests is excellent - the food and service are superb. Breakfast is delicious and lunches on sea days amazing, but eating there 3 times in one day is a bit much, unless you pace yourself. :D

Here is the website specialty restaurant descriptions, in case you haven't seen them.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/dining/specialty-dining/

And here is a nice flyer with all of the dining choices on the Edge:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...RADE_FLYER.pdf

There is a good description of the Eden experience here (scroll down):

https://www.celebritycruisespresscen...s-kit-item/11/

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks VTcrusing, saw the specialty dining venues and they look quite interesting. I am a bit surprised that there are so many choices in main dining, happily surprised.

I cannot wait to see what The Edge has in store. I love NCL's Haven and hope that "The Retreat" will be even better as it has an outdoor pool that seems full sized. Hoping for not too many kids in that area and on the sun deck.

I appreciate any help cruisers can give to a newbie on Celebrity and cannot wait for the feedback post 12/2018 sailing on The Edge..

Stay tuned....

Thanks VTcrusing, saw the specialty dining venues and they look quite interesting. I am a bit surprised that there are so many choices in main dining, happily surprised.

I cannot wait to see what The Edge has in store. I love NCL's Haven and hope that "The Retreat" will be even better as it has an outdoor pool that seems full sized. Hoping for not too many kids in that area and on the sun deck.

I appreciate any help cruisers can give to a newbie on Celebrity and cannot wait for the feedback post 12/2018 sailing on The Edge..

Stay tuned....

It will be interesting to see if there will be a lot of kids at the Retreat. There are family suites, with non-suite cabins connected to suites and all able to use the Retreat. Maybe it will end up being just adults in those connected suites (such as two couples or parents with adult child and partner), but will likely depend on what Celebrity rolls out for a children's program and also what time of year you are cruising. Oh well, there is always the adults only solarium, if it gets too wild at the Retreat pool. :D

Unfortunately, I am traveling over Thanksgiving so there maybe kids around, keeping my fingers crossed that if there are they will be well behaved and want to go to the main pool with the "fun stuff (slides, etc)" instead of in the Retreat. It really ruins the Retreat aspect when there are children (or adults) who disturb the peace..

Wishing you a wonderful cruise at years end. Keep me posted on any developments..

All the best!!!

Unfortunately, I am traveling over Thanksgiving so there maybe kids around, keeping my fingers crossed that if there are they will be well behaved and want to go to the main pool with the "fun stuff (slides, etc)" instead of in the Retreat. It really ruins the Retreat aspect when there are children (or adults) who disturb the peace..

Wishing you a wonderful cruise at years end. Keep me posted on any developments..

All the best!!!

Hi iisk8 - Just a little insight...Celebrity doesn't have any water slides or other "kid-attractions" that you are used to on NCL. So you'll tend to see far fewer kids on board. The cruise line is more adult oriented (notice the hot tubs around the main pool on Edge are in the shape of martini glasses :D) Just one more reason why we love Celebrity!

All the best!!!

i - In our experience, children of all ages who sail X have been very well behaved and polite.

On our last sailing there were supposedly, 90+ children on the ship, we only encountered them mainly in OVC and older teens 14 - 17 at night going to and from the teen center.

I reason that a different style of parenting takes place for X passengers vs the 'real' mega ships and mass cruise lines. Not that there is anything wrong with other types of parenting, yet those who do a better job over all go on X, or so I have experienced.

I also understand that it is quite possible that I have missed those who behaved poorly and do remember at some point reading about them here but not in the recent past. I can attest that it is quite possible that I met their parents who were boisterous and never thought about the children... ;-)

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

BO.. you have such a nice way with words. Very diplomatic..

And we agree that children and teens on X are well behaved and supervised compared to what we observed elsewhere. But there will be a fair number of them in the Retreat during the usual holiday periods..

We are hoping AQ class sticks to the 2 cruisers per room concept..children are allowed in that "2" but there are never very many in BLU.,usually adorable and perfect manners,

Bo- agree with you. We have never been on a Celebrity ship where we noticed a lot of disruptive behavior by children. I wish I could say the same for the adults! On the other hand we have sailed RCCL several times over Thanksgiving and never again. On their mega ships there were quite literally kids in the thousands. Most were well behaved, but not all were looked after by their vacationing parents. We are frequent RCCL cruisers but we would never sail that line over a school break again.

• 10 months later...
47 minutes ago, Celebrity Liner said:

Hi Guy´s ... can you please tell me the current speciality restaurant package prices ? 

I look at the celebrity site but found nothing.....

If you log into your cruise planner at X's website you will find prices and types there.

We cannot provide that information, but CP will, if offered or available.

bon voyage

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

If you log into your cruise planner at X's website you will find prices and types there.

We cannot provide that information, but CP will, if offered or available.

Hey Bo,

thank´s for your answer...

yeah thats the problem... when i look at my cruise planner i get this answer 

Sorry, We Cannot Reserve This Right Now.

Please Try Again Onboard The Ship.

I would like to know how much it costs about and which packages are available well ***** happens 🙂

To  clarify based on a post above,..     # 24( last dance)

There's a Rooftop grill on EDGE but no Lawn Club Grill...2 distinct menus.   I would suggest all res be confirmed  upon boarding. 

In January, Fine Cut changed our long standing res for 2 without notice for their convenience..We found out the day before when we went to confirm.  We cancelled..they were snooty about it. I am sure they could fill the seats without an issue,.Place was jam packed.

Group of 6 we met had their longstanding res for EDEN restaurant changed ,.also without notice,  They put 4 at one time and 2 at a later time,  They cancelled and  staff there also huffy about it.

Hope it is working better now!

Edited by hcat

15 hours ago, Celebrity Liner said:

Hi Guy´s ... can you please tell me the current speciality restaurant package prices ? 

I look at the celebrity site but found nothing.....

Here is a price list from 11/2018 (Edge is on the right). The prices may have gone up, but this will give you an idea. Raw on 5 is $35 max each as someone else said (it's circled because I took it from one of my past posts about Raw on 5) and dinner on the Magic Carpet and Dinner on the Edge are not included. I would call X for exact prices for your cruise. 🙂

image.png.7edbdcc2d90d202cd0c42f8fa2126901.png

Edited by vtcruising

3 hours ago, Celebrity Liner said:

Hey Bo,

thank´s for your answer...

yeah thats the problem... when i look at my cruise planner i get this answer 

Sorry, We Cannot Reserve This Right Now.

Please Try Again Onboard The Ship.

I would like to know how much it costs about and which packages are available well ***** happens 🙂

Yes, I understand.

What this may mean is, either the packages are all sold out, not available yet or not offered.

Many times pricing and offerings on one (1) is not the same as on another.

Often times, as I understand it, do not offer the packages aboard.

But, there will be friends of CC who will know better than I, as we usually wait until boarding before making decisions on Specialty Dining.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Two ques:

1)  Have they re- introduced  dinner on the MC?  On our Jan cruise it was cocktails  only..due to previous wind issues.

It was  nice out there some mornings for early drinks, great views and solitude!

2)  Have they expanded the Raw menu? 

On the S class menu for Sushi on 5   there are non raw items that would be great for us on EDGE.....just curious?

Edited by hcat