Latitude reward points

canadalou

You will receive 1 point per night.

From NCL https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Ways To Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

That’s a very good question. I booked a cruise way in advance that I thought was an insiders cruise and eligible for double points. I called NCL and my TA called NCL and we were both told no, we would received the normal latitudes award of one point per night. Guess what, when we returned from the cruise I checked on myncl and we did receive double points. What’s the big deal? We would like to get to platinum as quickly as possible and I had devised a strategy to do just that (booking double point cruises). Because of the misinformation we received my strategy was compromise. Your latitudes points for an upcoming cruise should be shown somewhere.

I want to know for the exact same reason as you. If we earn double points on our upcoming cruise( which I believe we will earn as I’m almost 100% positive I booked a latitudes offer) we will head into our 2019 cruise as platinum members. However I cannot find confirmation on any of my documents...

That’s a very good question. I booked a cruise way in advance that I thought was an insiders cruise and eligible for double points. I called NCL and my TA called NCL and we were both told no, we would received the normal latitudes award of one point per night. Guess what, when we returned from the cruise I checked on myncl and we did receive double points. What’s the big deal? We would like to get to platinum as quickly as possible and I had devised a strategy to do just that (booking double point cruises). Because of the misinformation we received my strategy was compromise. Your latitudes points for an upcoming cruise should be shown somewhere.

Not surprised issues with points information. Noticed when I printed our edocs my husband is on the docs as silver, we are both platinum's. Call told will be fixed, nope call a week later spoke to a supervisor. Within a few days go back into our edocs and it will be fixed. Guess what nope. Gave up our TA called told sorry they booked our son (who is silver) will try to fix our booking, but if not no problem his name a date of birth are correct. What, does anybody there know what customer service is or how to fix a simple thing like this.

Just wondering where on my booking info would I find out how many latitudes rewards points we will receive on our upcoming cruise? TIA

Best I can tell, on the original cruise documents they send you at booking. in the top right corner one of the codes listed should be LATITUDE. I'm taking my first double points cruise in 2 weeks and I compared those docs to past non-double point cruises I've done.

Norwegian is still honoring the 9+ month in advance double points like what they did with the old latitude perk before they changed it last year. it depends on the booking date.

i had a cruise booked in January 2017 for may 2018, all of my documents say the booking date is January 2017 so i should get the double points for booking in advance.

Best I can tell, on the original cruise documents they send you at booking. in the top right corner one of the codes listed should be LATITUDE. I'm taking my first double points cruise in 2 weeks and I compared those docs to past non-double point cruises I've done.

Thanks! I found it😄

The points should still be listed in your myncl future cruise summaries.

On the top right corner of my reservation confirmation from NCL there is a box that says LATREWARD I figure that means I booked an insider deal with the extra points

You have learned a valuable lesson.

Never base anything on information given by NCL telephone staff.

Something else to consider - once you have taken your cruise and if the points awarded are not correct

You have 1 year to get the matter straighten out - no longer does NCL go back to the inception of your

Latitudes account.

Another thing to watch out for in booking the Insider Offer - if you change or upgrade your cabin some

of the perks and promos may disappear because of that action - your double points maybe lost and that is not

correct - as long as you don't change the sailing date - are on the same ship itinerary - the double points should

not be taken away.

Watch your points and protest vigorously if they are not applied - remember you have 1 year to do this !

So where do you go for accurate information?

Generally, I use my experience. If I don't know then I ask here.

NCL telephone staff is way way way down the list. People often post on here what they have been told, and it really is incredible how bad the info they give out is. Personally, I'd rather just keep wondering than introduce that level of confusion. Either that or phone and ask, then assume that the opposite is true. :)

Edited by KeithJenner

They have always given me the correct number of points. I just looked through some of my past cruise confirmations and they all say LATREW in the upper right. The cruises I’ve received double points (triple suites) using the Latitude Insider Offer also show LATITUDE like Robmac said. Hope this helps.

Having trouble Post cruise with your Latitudes account - this contact was passed on to me:

Ana Rodriguez | Manager, International Reservations & Support Services

P: +1 305-436-4000 | F: +1 305-436-4126

arodriguez@ncl.com |www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

XXXXX

Some things in the NCL world are spelled out in Black & White - but a great deal is left in the Grey Area!

With a lot of misinterpretation by people who are unauthorized to make authorized decisions.

As noted and posted many times here at CC if you don't get the answer you are seeking call back and

get a second (third) opinion - even TAs have the same obstacles stumbling blocks getting the correct

answer or solution to the problem.

Don't let your complaint go unnoticed - at least air it here at CC !

• Like 1

Do you get the double points if you book the Sail Away Offer if it is an insider's cruise?

Different Oranges and Apples:

At the NCL.com website - the dark blue banner bar "SPECIALS" click on that -

new window opens "LATITUDES INSIDER OFFER" click on that -

Browse though the areas that are of interest to you - click on that area -

ONLY the cruises that appear here are eligible for the double points.

If it just happens that one is a Sail Away Offer "Bonus".

The Latitudes Insider Offers vary by the month - if booking one of these make sure the

booking contract has the DATE of Record of the booking so as to not lose the additional points.

As noted previously the contract should have coded language of LATREW somewhere.

If making any changes (upgrades) make sure that that code is carried forward - if it is dropped

you will not get the points.

Different Oranges and Apples:

At the NCL.com website - the dark blue banner bar "SPECIALS" click on that -

new window opens "LATITUDES INSIDER OFFER" click on that -

Browse though the areas that are of interest to you - click on that area -

ONLY the cruises that appear here are eligible for the double points.

If it just happens that one is a Sail Away Offer "Bonus".

The Latitudes Insider Offers vary by the month - if booking one of these make sure the

booking contract has the DATE of Record of the booking so as to not lose the additional points.

As noted previously the contract should have coded language of LATREW somewhere.

If making any changes (upgrades) make sure that that code is carried forward - if it is dropped

you will not get the points.

Do you still get double points if book with TA?

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Forums mobile app

Do you still get double points if book with TA?

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Forums mobile app

If the TA books your Insider Offer you get the double points !

Make sure that it is noted in your TA files about this.

A thing to note if you book thru a TA - if there is any problem with the booking

NCL will require you to go back and work out that problem with the TA.

I booked a TA on the Epic on Feb 10,2017 and follow on MED on Feb13,2013. This is a B2B Cruise leaving April 2018. I understood that both of these cruises would acquire additional points. I recently called NCL to confirm that after the 15 day TA we would be Platinum and eligible for the additional perks in that tier. I was told neither cruise qualified for additional rewards and so would not be Platinum until after our MED cruise. I went through all my emails and can only find one showing the Med as being LATREW. However when I called to apply our Cruise Next payment, before our final payment was due, the LATREW was removed. I don’t understand why that happened. No change in cabin or perks, just made a payment.

Typically a cruise can be booked under a variety of promotions, all of which your TA or NCL rep can see when booking.

When we were attempting to get to Platinum, a TA failed to book us under the extra Latitudes point promotion without mentioning it, even though we had discussed that promotion. When I asked what happened, the TA said that the LATREWARDS promotion was not compatible with another promo that she used for us. However, in our specific situation we preferred the extra points. If points are important, it’s a good idea to confirm on your statement, as suggested by others. Then you can decide what is best for you. (I don’t mean to imply that this was NCL’s fault — just poor communication between the TA and me.)

Another time, extra suite points were not automatically credited to our accounts for a sailing. It took a number of emails and telephone calls to NCL, but was eventually corrected. (Seemed like the NCL Computer system read our cabin as a balcony instead of a suite.) Based on this, I would recommend checking your Latitudes account after sailing to ensure that your account is correct as well.

Hope you have the promotion(s) you wanted and earn the extra Latitudes points! Happy cruising!

I booked a TA on the Epic on Feb 10,2017 and follow on MED on Feb13,2013. This is a B2B Cruise leaving April 2018. I understood that both of these cruises would acquire additional points. I recently called NCL to confirm that after the 15 day TA we would be Platinum and eligible for the additional perks in that tier. I was told neither cruise qualified for additional rewards and so would not be Platinum until after our MED cruise. I went through all my emails and can only find one showing the Med as being LATREW. However when I called to apply our Cruise Next payment, before our final payment was due, the LATREW was removed. I don’t understand why that happened. No change in cabin or perks, just made a payment.

xxxxx

Although you are a year after the cut off for getting adjustments to your Latitudes account - it still may be worth

while to get the points and rewards you were entitled to.

Review my posts #19 and 20. The LINK provided in #19 - this NCL person maybe able to help you.

Gather up all your emails and data and email:

arodriguez@ncl.com |www.ncl.com

Also cc:

VIVIAN EWART

Vice President, Passenger Services

7665 Corporate Center Dr.

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

If you are border line with getting Platinum - you have cruised enough to be a valued loyal NCL customer and

should receive some attention and review of your situation that appears to have a degree of confusing and

dropped points that should have been explained to you. If you are about to lose OBC perks promos it is only

fair to alert you to such action to make a better wiser decision - same goes with the reward points.

And Please come back and tell us how this worked out !