Would a "suite space" appeal to you?

Having enjoyed Norwegian both in and out of The Haven, I wonder if we will see more offerings like that on other lines. The Loft deck, with the restaurant and lounge is a start, but no designated outdoor areas is definitely a strike against it on Oasis class.

Now, knowing there is potential backlash to this question from those who don't stay in suites, I am still curious: For those that have done suites, how much would more dedicated suite only space be a selling factor on RCI?

For me, after experiencing The Haven, it would be a huge draw.

Thoughts?

Having enjoyed Norwegian both in and out of The Haven, I wonder if we will see more offerings like that on other lines. The Loft deck, with the restaurant and lounge is a start, but no designated outdoor areas is definitely a strike against it on Oasis class.

Now, knowing there is potential backlash to this question from those who don't stay in suites, I am still curious: For those that have done suites, how much would more dedicated suite only space be a selling factor on RCI?

For me, after experiencing The Haven, it would be a huge draw.

Thoughts?

I thoroughly enjoyed the SUITES ONLY sundeck and outdoor bar while on the Allure on two separate trips.

Since you asked, a "pool" similar to the Solarium one on Oasis and Allure, in the suite sun deck would be nice. I would not want for it to take away from the public areas. Just an idea.

After that I am good.

I thoroughly enjoyed the SUITES ONLY sundeck and outdoor bar while on the Allure on two separate trips.

Fair point, but no pool..... I think I also like the contained nature of The Haven. It was so easy to go from my suite to the pool to the lounge. I like the closeness of it all.

If I didn't want to be around people I would stay home. I'm not staying in a suite so that I can ONLY be with others who stay in a suite.

I think the way Royal does it is fine.

I agree. For me the blend of amenities was reasonable without being isolating. I think if I wanted to step it up I would do the Azamara line.

If I didn't want to be around people I would stay home. I'm not staying in a suite so that I can ONLY be with others who stay in a suite.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. That's not in any way how I experienced it on Norewgian. I LOVED the ship, but I also like having a small, quieter area that wasn't as crowded and more self contained. I think part of the appeal of The Haven was that it almost felt like the whole area was an extension of my suite, because it was so close.

It would never dawn on nor appeal to me, to spend all or even most of my time in the suite only sections. But it was nice to have.

I think if I wanted to step it up I would do the Azamara line.

I liked Azamara, but I didn't love it. There isn't nearly as much "action" on those ships. I love the energy and activity of the larger ships. I just liked having a little bit of an escape (incidentally, they absolutely nailed it calling it "The Haven"! Because that is EXACTLY how it felt).

Since you asked, a "pool" similar to the Solarium one on Oasis and Allure, in the suite sun deck would be nice. I would not want for it to take away from the public areas. Just an idea.

After that I am good.

Kinda what Celebrity is doing on the Edge

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I liked Azamara, but I didn't love it. There isn't nearly as much "action" on those ships. I love the energy and activity of the larger ships. I just liked having a little bit of an escape (incidentally, they absolutely nailed it calling it "The Haven"! Because that is EXACTLY how it felt).

I understand. It will be interesting to see how future RCI cruise ships evolve. For now I just don't see anything being retrofitted.

I just looked up The Haven. It looks fantastic. For my wife and I, though, the added pool doesn't appeal to us. The upper sundeck was a great place on the Allure to read a book or enjoy a beer/drink.

Check out the Yacht Club on MSC. Now that was wonderful with private lounge, private restaurant, pool, hot tubs, sun deck, library and 24 hour Concierge Service.

Yacht Club pool area adult only?

I have never been on NCL ships so can't compare. For me the sun deck on Oasis is a nice, exclusive area with a bar and a few cabanas. So I am happy with Oasis class ships but not impressed with equivalent offering on other classes like Quantum.

On P&O they have the retreat on the large ships. Open to anyone who pays extra. I really like this idea. You don't have to be in a suite to enjoy a little exclusivity.

On P&O they have the retreat on the large ships. Open to anyone who pays extra. I really like this idea. You don't have to be in a suite to enjoy a little exclusivity.

Princess had something like this as well. It was nice as you always had the same lounger waiting for you the entire cruise when ever you wanted to go to it. At embarkation it was a race to get to the location and book it for the week. I'm not sure if it has changed over the years as it has been a while since we did it.

I was a big fan of the suites sun deck on oasis.

That’s enough to satisfy me.

The haven looks very appealing but i’ve never actually booked a Haven cabin after doing the research. Mostly just because i found i could get a GS on an RC ship for half the cost of the lowest priced Haven cabin. Could’ve just been the specifics of the sailings I was comparing though. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mostly just because i found i could get a GS on an RC ship for half the cost of the lowest priced Haven cabin. Could’ve just been the specifics of the sailings I was comparing though. ??

No, The Haven will run more expensive than the GS (maybe not always double). But most of the time, the booking for The Haven will include a lot of extras not in the GS booking (premium beverage, specialty dining). So it's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison. But I do agree with you, you can usually get a better "deal" on a GS. The Haven definitely comes at a price.

Not for me. I like the activity of the main pools and really like the reserved seating around the pool. I would rather that was standardized a bit fleetwide rather than have another dedicated area. I like the activity, just hate searching for a chair and dealing with the chair hogs. To me the best part of suite accommodations is the avoidance of lines, extra cabin space, and having a concierge to handle guest service issues.

I love The Haven on NCL. I haven't yet experienced Yacht Club on MSC. I don't think it's needed as much on Royal as the ship layouts are well thought out and designed. On NCL, especially on the -aways and Escape/Bliss, the pool areas are SSSSSOOOOO small and cramped, that having a quiet area to get away is extremely nice. Although we did Vibe and the Haven on Escape in January and I could handle just doing Vibe and save a ton of money.

I would instead they up the level of Coastal Kitchen to match NCL's Haven restaurant. NCL's food quality and taste is so much above CK, IMO.

I'd only be interested if there was an adult (16+, like the Solarium) section.

BINGO. You know my story already, lol. I hated the Haven, thought it was a disaster and totally lacking, especially for the price.

Quite frankly, the Solarium on Oasis is BETTER than the Haven. And since you can actually get loungers in the sun and what not, you don't desperately need a Haven or Vibe like you do on NCL.

The Suites do have Coastal Kitchen, which is better than the Haven restaurant as the Coastal Kitchen menu actually changes. The suites also have a sundeck. And on Allure, Symphony, and Oasis, the Solarium has a pool plus hot tubs with NO kids in it - a great restaurant and a bar with servers that roam the Solarium. Solarium is included, so unless you really want the sun deck, which you don't need because you can get a lounger or Coastal Kitchen, you can book much cheaper cabins and enjoy the Solarium which is so much better than the Haven.

If you really want a suite, you can do a crown loft which is better than the Haven suites, too.

I understand. It will be interesting to see how future RCI cruise ships evolve. For now I just don't see anything being retrofitted.

I just looked up The Haven. It looks fantastic. For my wife and I, though, the added pool doesn't appeal to us. The upper sundeck was a great place on the Allure to read a book or enjoy a beer/drink.

We thought the Haven looked fantastic, too. Booked a trip in it, with the Spa as well. We just got back last week. Don't do it. The NCL ships are terrible and the Haven doesn't deliver what you think it does. For us, it was basically a day care. Absolutely mobbed with kids. They totally took it over. It's not adults only and the Haven suites are multi room with tons of families/children. I love kids, but this was a total disaster. I wouldn't gamble again with NCL. Plus the ship was just really poorly designed and so many things were subpar. Never again. We'll do a suite on Royal in a heartbeat.

It was ok having a Haven pool, but unless you wanted to join in on the snorkeling in the hot tub or the obnoxious game of Marco Polo in the tiny dipping pool with 12 kids, then it was basically useless. And since it's an enclosed space, the noise was so loud and echoed, that we basically spent very little time in the Haven. What was the point? And NCL doesn't have any decent public spaces that aren't way overcrowded with no seating, we spent most of the cruise just lounging in a spa lounger since we had that access.

BINGO. You know my story already, lol. I hated the Haven, thought it was a disaster and totally lacking, especially for the price. ...

It may have been your review that opened my eyes. Kids jumping in the pool, playing Marco Polo, etc. Lots of noise.