Sapphire Princess Enters Dry Dock

nukesubsailor

I see that the bridge camera confirms that the Sapphire Princess has entered dry dock today in Singapore.

The Princess fleet dry dock schedule only states that this is a routine dry dock. No mention of what work will be done that passengers will notice.

I see that the bridge camera confirms that the Sapphire Princess has entered dry dock today in Singapore.

The Princess fleet dry dock schedule only states that this is a routine dry dock. No mention of what work will be done that passengers will notice.

We’re sailing on the Sapphire this summer & have found little information about what will be done.

With no Princess promotion for changes like they did for the Caribbean, the 2-week drydock appears to be primarily maintenance. Based on posts from those who have contacted Princess it’s: required ship maintenance, replacing carpeting/upholstery, new beds & a renovated youth center.

I’ve posted on the post-drydock roll call & hope to receive some information after the shipyard work is completed.

Hi,

My parents are booked on the first cruise after the dry dock (from Singapore to Southampton). Because the dry dock is fairly short, there won't be time for any major changes. I predict that the hull art will be added to the bow of the ship.

Chuck

Hi,

My parents are booked on the first cruise after the dry dock (from Singapore to Southampton). Because the dry dock is fairly short, there won't be time for any major changes. I predict that the hull art will be added to the bow of the ship.

Chuck

Maybe sometime during or after their cruise they’ll provide updates that you could share.

On our roll call it’s been posted that the Sapphire needed repairs after 4 years in Asia.

The hull art has been added to every Princess ship during its drydock so it’s very likely to be added to the Sapphire.

Looking forward to hearing about what they end up doing. We were originally booked on the Sapphire on March 28th but they cancelled that cruise and replaced it with an entirely different itinerary. We are booked for next January and really looking forward to that cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Princess in the UK have tweeted that she is out of dry dock - just mentions the luxury beds and hull art so far. Here is the pic:

sapphire2018refit.jpg

Sandra

Thanks & hopefully there’ll be updates from passengers who sailed today from Singapore en route to Southampton for spring & summer cruises.

Further cruise news details from the Porthole website:

Sapphire Princess has emerged from an extensive two-week dry dock in Singapore now displaying Princess Cruises’ signature logo on her bow. The ship has also been upgraded with enhanced onboard spaces and product innovations.

Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to debut many of the signature offerings we know our guests value, enjoy, and look forward to experiencing when they travel the world with Princess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “This investment continues our $450 million ‘Come Back New Promise,’ a multi-year ship renovation campaign.”

New and enhanced offerings aboard Sapphire Princess include:

New Ship Livery: Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to receive the elegant livery design featuring the iconic Princess Cruises logo. The design features the smooth and flowing gracefulness of ocean waves and represents the excitement and adventure of discovering the great destinations of the world aboard a Princess cruise.

Princess Luxury Bed: Available in every stateroom by June 2018, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and renowned HGTV designer Candice Olson. The bed combines the science of sleep with the pinnacle of design.

Club Class Mini-Suites: Sapphire Princess offers Club Class Mini-Suites, the new premium stateroom category featuring VIP amenities and exclusive dining. This elevated mini-suite category features select perks including new Club Class Dining, a reserved dining area with expedited seating and expanded menu options, as well as priority embarkation and disembarkation.

Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center: For cruisers ages 3 to 17, Sapphire Princess now offers a reimagined youth center — Camp Discovery — created in partnership with Discovery Consumer Products, the licensing arm of Discovery™, as part of the cruise line’s Discovery at SEA program. Catering to specific age groups, kids and teens can participate in activities specially designed to help them discover, play, and create.

Entertainment LED Wall: Located in the Princess Theater, this new LED wall will be used in produced production shows and various onboard guest entertainer shows. The high-quality, technologically advanced wall is made up of 270 panels installed on a custom engineered and shock mounted frame for display of still images, video, and live feeds.

“Bravo”: Launching in May 2018, this elegant show featured on formal night is one of the highest-rated shows across the fleet. The “Popra-“inspired show features a mix of pop, opera, and musical theater performed by a guest soprano in front of a live orchestra.

Enhanced Boutiques: Guests will enjoy enhancements to the Shops of Princess, offering an upgraded shopping experience, such as a branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique. There will also be new products to choose from featuring a collection of Princess-branded athletic wear and logo apparel displayed in a newly designed Logo shop.

Lotus Spa & Fitness Center: A space where guests can relax and invigorate, salon and treatments rooms have been upgraded and the latest in fitness equipment is now available.

Further general refurnishing and technical updates have also been implemented aboard Sapphire Princess, which, after finishing up the season cruising throughout Asia, will begin Europe cruises to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.

Further cruise news details from the Porthole website:

Sapphire Princess has emerged from an extensive two-week dry dock in Singapore now displaying Princess Cruises’ signature logo on her bow. The ship has also been upgraded with enhanced onboard spaces and product innovations.

Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to debut many of the signature offerings we know our guests value, enjoy, and look forward to experiencing when they travel the world with Princess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “This investment continues our $450 million ‘Come Back New Promise,’ a multi-year ship renovation campaign.”

New and enhanced offerings aboard Sapphire Princess include:

New Ship Livery: Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to receive the elegant livery design featuring the iconic Princess Cruises logo. The design features the smooth and flowing gracefulness of ocean waves and represents the excitement and adventure of discovering the great destinations of the world aboard a Princess cruise.

Princess Luxury Bed: Available in every stateroom by June 2018, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and renowned HGTV designer Candice Olson. The bed combines the science of sleep with the pinnacle of design.

Club Class Mini-Suites: Sapphire Princess offers Club Class Mini-Suites, the new premium stateroom category featuring VIP amenities and exclusive dining. This elevated mini-suite category features select perks including new Club Class Dining, a reserved dining area with expedited seating and expanded menu options, as well as priority embarkation and disembarkation.

Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center: For cruisers ages 3 to 17, Sapphire Princess now offers a reimagined youth center — Camp Discovery — created in partnership with Discovery Consumer Products, the licensing arm of Discovery™, as part of the cruise line’s Discovery at SEA program. Catering to specific age groups, kids and teens can participate in activities specially designed to help them discover, play, and create.

Entertainment LED Wall: Located in the Princess Theater, this new LED wall will be used in produced production shows and various onboard guest entertainer shows. The high-quality, technologically advanced wall is made up of 270 panels installed on a custom engineered and shock mounted frame for display of still images, video, and live feeds.

“Bravo”: Launching in May 2018, this elegant show featured on formal night is one of the highest-rated shows across the fleet. The “Popra-“inspired show features a mix of pop, opera, and musical theater performed by a guest soprano in front of a live orchestra.

Enhanced Boutiques: Guests will enjoy enhancements to the Shops of Princess, offering an upgraded shopping experience, such as a branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique. There will also be new products to choose from featuring a collection of Princess-branded athletic wear and logo apparel displayed in a newly designed Logo shop.

Lotus Spa & Fitness Center: A space where guests can relax and invigorate, salon and treatments rooms have been upgraded and the latest in fitness equipment is now available.

Further general refurnishing and technical updates have also been implemented aboard Sapphire Princess, which, after finishing up the season cruising throughout Asia, will begin Europe cruises to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.

I hope that the words "expedited seating " above is not a get out from the original concept of immediate seating in Club Class dining. We have already seen on Cruise Critic that some folks have had to wait an unacceptable time to be seated. Oh well it's all in the fine print.:D

Here’s the link to the CC article & skimming through both articles they were nearly identical. Hopefully the CC article is correct & that every cabin now has a luxury mattress & not Porthole’s by June 2018 statement. I’m happy that Bravo will be added in May & looking forward to seeing the performance again. :)

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8530

On another forum, someone on the ship also posted that there is new carpeting (patterned brown, no more red and blue on the passenger decks), all cabins have been wired for Ocean Medallion for future use, all cabins now have brand new 43 inch LED TVs, new LED wall in Princess theater, re upholstery of all chairs in the theatre, new floor tiles throughout, upgraded sound system, new luxury beds, and lots of other nice touches. Can't wait to board the Sapphire to see for myself!

On another forum, someone on the ship also posted that there is new carpeting (patterned brown, no more red and blue on the passenger decks), all cabins have been wired for Ocean Medallion for future use, all cabins now have brand new 43 inch LED TVs, new LED wall in Princess theater, re upholstery of all chairs in the theatre, new floor tiles throughout, upgraded sound system, new luxury beds, and lots of other nice touches. Can't wait to board the Sapphire to see for myself!

Thank you. I wish they would "turn on the faster internet" before ***** is in use.

Hi,

My parents are currently on the Sapphire's 38-day cruise from Singapore to Southampton. Their messages from the ship are usually fairly brief. If I learn anything interesting about the ship, I will post it. I am not a big fan of the large graphic on the bow, but overall the exterior of the ship looks great in the photo.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
I’m happy that Bravo will be added in May & looking forward to seeing the performance again. :)

Don't get your hopes up. I just saw the guest soprano going there when I was on Crown and her French was atrocious. I'm sure Kate Gordon will butcher Habañera in Bravo as much as she did the other Carmen aria in Encore.

But if you're looking forward to the company dancers and singers in Bravo, I'm sure they'll be fantastic as usual.

Currently on Sapphire. ...excellent service in dining room....excellent room steward...ship needs more air conditioning

We were on the Diamond after a dry dock and had ac issues for the first week in our cabin. Hope the issue is resolved. Please keep us posted.