MSC SEASIDE dinner buffet in Marketplace

Micheb5

Wow ! Thanks for taking the time to take all these pictures and for posting them ! There seems to be plenty to choose from !

One question please , did it seem that having half buffet and half as a MDR was awkward or too noisy for the diners?

Thanks also for the heads up about the chocolate wall. My grandchildren were looking forward to seeing this . They're going to be disappointed ! Hopefully they will get it figured out before we sail in June .

Thank you again for all of you pictures !

Buffet looks better than before..how did it taste...

We find the food overall very good to delicious. Had breakfast buffet this morning and lunch twice. Was something for everyone in my opinion. We had dinner in the dining room last night by stopped by to get a snack after the show. Hubby has a steak and he said it was amazing. I just took the pics them grabbed a tea.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Wow ! Thanks for taking the time to take all these pictures and for posting them ! There seems to be plenty to choose from !

One question please , did it seem that having half buffet and half as a MDR was awkward or too noisy for the diners?

Thanks also for the heads up about the chocolate wall. My grandchildren were looking forward to seeing this . They're going to be disappointed ! Hopefully they will get it figured out before we sail in June .

Thank you again for all of you pictures !

We have Seashore dining room. I peeked in and the diners seemed the be enjoying dinner just fine. Our waiter said next week they will have 3 times on both seashore and Ipanema to accommodate all.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of these pictures with us! I see plenty of good choices. I am boarding Saturday, and looking forward to it. We booked Bella, so I will be sure and report back on the state of Bella dining :)

Thank you for the photos. I appreciate how much time you took out of your vacation to supply them. Truly helpful.

The buffet on Divina had many more choices than this buffet. In fact, as a main dinner buffet on a cruise ship, this is very sad looking comparatively. Blah. :(.

If they keep the same format as was posted in January, the added third seating time in the MDR will be at 9:45 p.m. On this subject, MSC just can't win for losing.

Flame away cc.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of these pictures with us! I see plenty of good choices. I am boarding Saturday, and looking forward to it. We booked Bella, so I will be sure and report back on the state of Bella dining :)

Thanks. I am interested to know. Go with an open mind and don't let the negatives impact your cruise. Biggest thing for me was getting used to the layout. Different than what I have been on before. I was a little overwhelmed and worried at first. It is a big and wonderful ship.

Thank you for the photos. I appreciate how much time you took out of your vacation to supply them. Truly helpful.

The buffet on Divina had many more choices than this buffet. In fact, as a main dinner buffet on a cruise ship, this is very sad looking comparatively. Blah. :(.

If they keep the same format as was posted in January, the added third seating time in the MDR will be at 9:45 p.m. On this subject, MSC just can't win for losing.

Flame away cc.

Lol. Life is enriched by our differences. I love each of the cruise lines for different reasons and appreciate their uniqueness. It would be boring if they were all the same. Don't ruin your vacation by worrying about it , Just come and enjoy. Lunch salad bar: had spinach, tomato, cucumber, corn, radishes, cauliflower, lettuce. You could add seeds/cheese from other stations.

We have Seashore dining room. I peeked in and the diners seemed the be enjoying dinner just fine. Our waiter said next week they will have 3 times on both seashore and Ipanema to accommodate all.

So does that mean that both buffets ( deck 8 & 16) will be open as buffets during the dinner hours or will they close one ?

Did you experience having to pay for water in speciality restaurants? In the MDR as well?

We have meal time drinks. We have bottles of water brought to the table each night. If you have Fantastica you can use your vouchers for the large bottles of water.

Thanks for providing this and the new information, very helpful, and so is your followup descriptions.

Is either buffet open 20 hours a day as had been advertised?

I took pictures of all the planners which include the meal times. Will post when I am back as I only have a little Wi-Fi left. There was only 1 time we wanted to grab something and lunch wasn't until 12:30 in Biscayne. Marketplace was open at 12 but we didn't want to go that far. Lol[emoji12]

Flame away cc.

Not trying to flame but you seem very hard to please....

Thank you MSC for attempting to improve the dinner buffet and appease your customers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not trying to flame but you seem very hard to please....

Thank you MSC for attempting to improve the dinner buffet and appease your customers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Danny... I think your right. People need to wait until they experience it themselves before adding their 2 cents. Even for those who have already cruised on Seaside we are getting opposite comments ....Some state perfectly fine and more than acceptable...other state they thought options and food was limited. As we all know everyones opinion, especially on food, is subjective. I feel people should be more reserved until they have had the opportunity of experiencing it instead of jumping in and piling on. One persons view and taste should not speak for everyone. Even those who have cruised on other MSC ships...but not yet the Seaside.... should not make a assume until they have had the opportunity to compare.

Icpagerjr : When I made a comment that the photos of the marketplace buffet food look blah, you reply with....

People need to wait until they experience it themselves before adding their 2 cents..

When another poster made a comment that photos of the marketplace buffet set up looks blah you reply with....

Based on pictures I've seen....its the most attractive looking Buffet Dining Area on any ship.....

So which is it? Is is ok to form an opinion based on photos or not? Can you at least acknowledge the hypocrisy of your postings?

I realize that a number of posters on this forum have already paid for their MSC experience and come here looking for reassurance. You want your hand held and told how wonderful your vacation will be. That's fine. I don't get it, but I respect it.

Others, like myself, prefer to use the forums for information before laying down any cash. We want all the good, bad, and ugly reviews to make the best purchase possible. Once I make a final decision, I need no hand holding. If you don't get it, respect it.

For those who use the forums for information, the photos so selflessly posted by the OP (thank you again) of the dinner buffet at marketplace are priceless because they show just how very limited this so-called dinner buffet really is when compared to the industry standard. Seriously, can anyone who has experience with other main stream lines claim that these buffet pictures even remotely mirror the industry standard?

PS: Danny, if wanting a regular old salad bar for dinner, like has been a staple on each of the 30 plus cruises I have taken over the last 3 decades makes me hard to please, I'll wear that label. No disrespect taken ;).

Icpagerjr : When I made a comment that the photos of the marketplace buffet food look blah, you reply with....

When another poster made a comment that photos of the marketplace buffet set up looks blah you reply with....

So which is it? Is is ok to form an opinion based on photos or not? Can you at least acknowledge the hypocrisy of your postings?

I realize that a number of posters on this forum have already paid for their MSC experience and come here looking for reassurance. You want your hand held and told how wonderful your vacation will be. That's fine. I don't get it, but I respect it.

Others, like myself, prefer to use the forums for information before laying down any cash. We want all the good, bad, and ugly reviews to make the best purchase possible. Once I make a final decision, I need no hand holding. If you don't get it, respect it.

For those who use the forums for information, the photos so selflessly posted by the OP (thank you again) of the dinner buffet at marketplace are priceless because they show just how very limited this so-called dinner buffet really is when compared to the industry standard. Seriously, can anyone who has experience with other main stream lines claim that these buffet pictures even remotely mirror the industry standard?

PS: Danny, if wanting a regular old salad bar for dinner, like has been a staple on each of the 30 plus cruises I have taken over the last 3 decades makes me hard to please, I'll wear that label. No disrespect taken ;).

I'm not acknowledging anything!! No problem...Your just a "glass half empty" type of person...The proof will be when your onboard. Some of the people on this board are just overly critical and doubtful....The smell issue is perfect point. Enough is enough. Decision made...I'm cruising MSC... If you still have doubts I suggest you choose another line.

Thanks for providing this and the new information, very helpful, and so is your followup descriptions.

Is either buffet open 20 hours a day as had been advertised?

I looked on one days program to see. No open restaurants Between 11am and 12pm, 3:30pm and 6pm, 9pm to 10pm. Sure room service would be available though.

Sounds like they have changed the food in the buffet since February and moved the smaller one up to deck 18????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Nikki, enjoyed following your journey and it really helped me in a lot of cases. I appreciated your post with the deck 16 dinner buffet and that is what gave me the idea for posting the deck 8 buffet. Biscayne was closed last week at dinner time and reopened for a very small late night offering from 10pm to 2am. I don't know who would need a large selection at that time . IMO it was adequate.