(Best perks) Which combination of two save you the most?

5kidslater

Wow, all these replies have been so helpful! Thank you so much! I think what makes it a little confusion for me is that I don't know all the drink package options and prices. I'm assuming I can find those on the celebrity site and will go digging around there now. I also don't know how much a wifi package would be. I really do appreciate you taking the time to help!!

All cocktails, frozen drinks and spirits upto $9 (excludes martinis & premium spirits)

All beer upto $6, including Heineken & Corona beer

All wine upto $8, including sparkling wine.

All specialty coffee at Bacio.

Fresh orange juice and bottled water.

The standard tipping rates are per person per day.

Standard accommodations are $14.50

Concierge and Aqua class are $15.00

Suites are $18.00

Do the math by multiplying number of persons x rate x days to see whether you're better off with OBC or gratuities. If you are allowed to select two perks, you generally get the best value by selecting Classic Beverage and gratuities. The unlimited WIFI is generally the least expensive of the perks and is sometimes on sale pre-cruise and sometimes is offered on a pro-rated basis during the cruise. Also, if you have any loyalty status you get a discount depending on level.

We're still at the Classic tier, although close to bumping up. I'm not sure that will get us any wifi discount but thank you so much for explaining all this to me!

We're still at the Classic tier, although close to bumping up. I'm not sure that will get us any wifi discount but thank you so much for explaining all this to me!

Classic tier gets a 10% discount on the first WIFI package. You can check your other benefits by going to the X home page and clicking the menu icon in the upper left. Then click on Captains Club and then Tiers and Benefits. You're also entitled to a one category upgrade. That means a higher rated cabin within the same category, for example Concierge Class C3 to a C2. The cabin will be the same, but in perhaps a more desirable location for the same cost.

Looked through all the replies and not much discussion on picking the internet/WiFi package. It seems to be a bit pricey. $269 on a 10 day cruise. Why wouldn’t this be choice 1 with bev package as choice 2?? Booking a cruise tomorrow and really want you alls expertise!!

All cocktails, frozen drinks and spirits upto $9 (excludes martinis & premium spirits)

All beer upto $6, including Heineken & Corona beer

All wine upto $8, including sparkling wine.

All specialty coffee at Bacio.

Fresh orange juice and bottled water.

Think you may be giving the OP old price ceilings for the old Classic Package rather than the current prices of drinks. The current price ceiling for the Classic is $9 for any alcoholic drink and for drinks that are priced at over $9 you only pay the difference +18% (e.g. $12 micro-brew beer would cost ($12 - $9) x 1.18 = $3.54.

As to the current drink prices - basic cocktails are around $8, basic beers around $6 or $7, cheapest wines $8 or $9, sodas around $4, lattes $5, basic bottled water $3 and micro-brews can be as high as $12 to $15 as are the specialty martinis - and all of these are + another 18%.

Wow, how did you get $1250 OBC? Which ship and departure date?

How much did the cruise cost for a couple?

Normally Celebrity has pkg offers where you get 1 perk, 2 perks or all 4 called go big, better or best ..if I recall.

Your obc goes up depending on room category. Through the travel company I purchase my cruise from they had a suite sale which gives you all 4 perks Sky suite and above get $1000 OBC and my travel company offered me $250 .... The $250 is considered OBC-N I have to use it or loose it ..but the other amount is OBC-R what I don't use will be refunded back to me credit card.

Looked through all the replies and not much discussion on picking the internet/WiFi package. It seems to be a bit pricey. $269 on a 10 day cruise. Why wouldn’t this be choice 1 with bev package as choice 2?? Booking a cruise tomorrow and really want you alls expertise!!

Both people in the cabin must take the same perks. Since you can use multiple devices on a single Internet package, you really only need one package. The only exception is if you need to use two different devices at the same time, then you need two internet packages.

Good advice by the previous posters.

Think you may be giving the OP old price ceilings for the old Classic Package rather than the current prices of drinks. The current price ceiling for the Classic is $9 for any alcoholic drink and for drinks that are priced at over $9 you only pay the difference +18% (e.g. $12 micro-brew beer would cost ($12 - $9) x 1.18 = $3.54.

As to the current drink prices - basic cocktails are around $8, basic beers around $6 or $7, cheapest wines $8 or $9, sodas around $4, lattes $5, basic bottled water $3 and micro-brews can be as high as $12 to $15 as are the specialty martinis - and all of these are + another 18%.

Here is the Celebrity price list attached

celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

The OP stated that they usually buy a WiFi package - and didn't specify if it was one to share, or one each. I believe that when there is the opportunity to pick two perks, choosing the beverage package and the WiFi package are the best choices. The WiFi package is over $200 for the first person, not certain if it is always discounted for the second person. We found it very convenient to each have a WiFi package.

So, I personally think that the beverage package and the WiFi package for two are the best value when the booking offer is Go Better. Our upcoming cruise will be the first in a while without Go Best because it is not a good value to upgrade when we already have the classic drink package (which we will upgrade) and the expensive WiFi package which we love. And for those of you who don't want the WiFi package for the Internet, remember that more and more smart phones have WiFi calling available, nothing more convenient than the ability to make free phone calls home.

Both people in the cabin must take the same perks. Since you can use multiple devices on a single Internet package, you really only need one package. The only exception is if you need to use two different devices at the same time, then you need two internet packages.

Good advice by the previous posters.

Thanks so much for your post. The info available online (from Celebrity) is incomplete regarding how the WiFi package works. We couldn’t tell if only one package was necessary.

The OP stated that they usually buy a WiFi package - and didn't specify if it was one to share, or one each. I believe that when there is the opportunity to pick two perks, choosing the beverage package and the WiFi package are the best choices. The WiFi package is over $200 for the first person, not certain if it is always discounted for the second person. We found it very convenient to each have a WiFi package.

So, I personally think that the beverage package and the WiFi package for two are the best value when the booking offer is Go Better. Our upcoming cruise will be the first in a while without Go Best because it is not a good value to upgrade when we already have the classic drink package (which we will upgrade) and the expensive WiFi package which we love. And for those of you who don't want the WiFi package for the Internet, remember that more and more smart phones have WiFi calling available, nothing more convenient than the ability to make free phone calls home.

Thanks for the info! Hadn’t considered the ability to WiFi call as a bonus to the package!!

I guess that depends on the length of the cruise and any Captain's Club discount you may get off of the internet package. As an example we will be on a 6 night cruise in August and the pre-cruise price for the internet package is $143, but with our Select discount that becomes $107.25.

OBC as a perk would be $150, so that would be better value even before the Select discount. As it is we are happy to share the internet package so will take the OBC of $300 and spend $107.25 of it on one internet package. Not only will the remaining credit cover the gratuities we will also be left with just under $20 in our on board account.

Our first choice perk is always the Classic Drinks package. For us, at $55 plus 18% service charge per day it's a no brainer.