Oasis class: ocean view balcony vs boardwalk balcony. 400$ difference.

Are there stairs in the aft of the ship?

There were when we sailed Allure. Maybe they were eliminated with the conversion of the public balconies to luxury private suites?

But I would think the stairs would remain, as they were part of the evacuation path.

We used the stairs going down and interior elevators going back up.

We would pay the $400 for the ocean view. We don’t live an apartment in the city where you stare into your neighbor’s bedroom. You can’t really enjoy a balcony with people looking at you. And people taking pictures of you on your balcony (which is what we saw on the Allure).

Only ones I know of are at the aft end of deck 7 which will take you down to the Boardwalk.
We've been in 11727 on Allure before the change and we've been in several other cabins in the same area. The only aft stairs that I know of are crew stairs and we only got to use them once on the way to muster in the aquatheater. I'll check that out on Harmony in May and see if they have any public stairs there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Another reason for choosing the BW or CP balcony is that in many cases there is very little difference in price between an inside or Oceanview and the CP or BW. In many cases with the D balcony discount applied it’s cjeaper for a BW or a CP balcony.

It’s not always about comparing a BW or CP balcony to an Oceanview balcony in many cases it’s about comparing an inside or an Oceanview cabin to a BW or CP balcony which at least in my mind the BW or CP balcony wins everyday...a bigger room, natural light and fresh air.

There were when we sailed Allure. Maybe they were eliminated with the conversion of the public balconies to luxury private suites?

But I would think the stairs would remain, as they were part of the evacuation path.

We used the stairs going down and interior elevators going back up.

Only ones I know of are at the aft end of deck 7 which will take you down to the Boardwalk.

Thank you both.

I had the BW balcony, 12727 on the Oasis in January, and absolutely loved it. Yes, I would definitely choose a Boardwalk Balcony again. Water, shows, people watching, everything right out my door. If there was a lot of noise, it certainly didn't bother me!

We have stayed in BW balconies and ocean view balconies on Allure and I have to say, that even though on all other cruises, we sail in an ocean view balcony at least, I love the BW balcony. I can still see the ocean, love the people watching and when my balcony door is closed and locked, there is very little noise.

I loved being able to see the Ocean Aria show from my balcony. The night we were to go to see the show, we did something else and we weren't able to re-book it. We could see the parade that was going on from the balcony as well.

We did have sheer curtains that we could close so people across the way couldn't see in (at least during the day) and the curtains also let in some light. I will sail in a BW balcony again this summer as I think it's a different experience than all the other cruises we have been on.