No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

It must be a special day here in Carnival land of CC for the leader of the pack to come and spread a little Joy. I can sleep well tonight! The Brilliant one appears in LALA land, dancing in the streets cannot be far off. I am sure the FB negative crowd is having a special time....

It's a conspiracy. Everyone is out to make you miserable. LOL

It's a conspiracy. Everyone is out to make you miserable. LOL

I know when the Diamond mine shows up, the blood letting cannot be far behind.... I am sure my name has come up over on the evil social media pages.... again...:cool:

I know when the Diamond mine shows up, the blood letting cannot be far behind.... I am sure my name has come up over on the evil social media pages.... again...:cool:

Actually, I was surprised to see you as the OP of this thread. You usually have an aversion to anything negative. That may have inadvertently given this legs and credibility. Good job!! LOL

It must be a special day here in Carnival land of CC for the leader of the pack to come and spread a little Joy. I can sleep well tonight! The Brilliant one appears in LALA land, dancing in the streets cannot be far off. I am sure the FB negative crowd is having a special time....

Who is this leader of the pack?

then they should have not changed their signs on the doors, to just imply that no one could enter before 1.30pm.

Not that it affects me personally, but I am still suspicious about the purpose of this new signage.

sorry, forgot to quote...this in response to eggfrmr.

Name: Cynthia

Message: People are writing on Cruise Critic that the perk for us diamonds to go to our cabin as soon as we get on the ships has been TAKEN AWAY. They are writing the higher ups at Carnival are ordering you to lie and deny until they're ready to take it public. TELL THE TRUTH – IS THIS A PERK THAT CARNIVAL WILL TAKE AWAY? IF IT YES SAY SO. STOP LYING. -------CRUISE LINE WILL MATCH OUR DIAMOND LEVEL BE WARNED!

----------------------------------------------------...-------------------

I have answered 4 different posts about this today already so let me politely say two things. 1) - we have not and will not be changing the rule that allows Diamond and Platinum guests entrance to their cabins upon boarding. 2) “ ordering you to lie and deny until they're ready to take it public”. The beards have never and would never do this and if I was asked………..I would refuse. Oh and 3) FFS - -cant the people on the Cruise Criti boards find something to talk about apart from me……….how about the joys of cruising maybe?

Cheers and thank you everyone for the loyalty that all of you show this brilliant cruise line.

who knew that my long lost buddy Jimbo was the one that started this thread that has caused so much commotion today. lol.

Lol, if I had only known. Here I thought it was a mistake. Have not heard for you in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, I was surprised to see you as the OP of this thread. You usually have an aversion to anything negative. That may have inadvertently given this legs and credibility. Good job!! LOL

Me too! I was shocked when I came over to see what was being said and saw who the OP was.

I had seen this being referenced twice on the other page with links. Did not open the link. Thought I would come over to see what all the rumors were.

Me too! I was shocked when I came over to see what was being said and saw who the OP was.

I had seen this being referenced twice on the other page with links. Did not open the link. Thought I would come over to see what all the rumors were.

He is kidding me, while I did start one thread, this a merged thread. Mine was just saying I found a FB post saying that they was someone who had questioned this "perk". The rest is history.....

I saw that too on JH & Carnival’s facebook pages. While JH & Carnival say it was a misunderstanding, the website does not list diamonds/platinums as having that perk. Even when you look under FTTF FAQ, it specifically states 1st room access but fails to state that this applies to diamonds/platinums. Add that issue with what seems like many platinums/diamonds stating they were told that their rooms were not ready or that they could not access their rooms...This is a problem that could easily be solved by taking a minute to update Carnival’s website and update ship employees who are giving platinum/diamond folks a hard time. It all seems kind of fishy. Oh and JH was so not right when he blamed another group for starting a rumor when it was actually posted on Carnival’s FB site and incorrectly answered by a carnival employee.

Currently on Carnival website

Screenshot_2018-04-06-13-22-24.thumb.png.0635510894b1667e6da7a7ea44c43de2.png

There has been talk about Carnival removing early cabin access for Diamonds and Platinums and having it be exclusively for Faster To The Fun.

Even though it has been denied on Carnival's FB page, this perk is no longer showing under FTTF. The other benefits that D/P share with FTTF still say so, however, "First Access to Stateroom" isn't included.

So my question is:

If "First Access to Stateroom" is no longer a perk for Diamonds or Platinums, will it be the final straw that causes you to leave Carnival?

Hopefully this is just a rumor and a mistake. But if not, then I think this is the end for me. I shouldn't have to purchase FTTF for upwards of $90 to get all the same perks as FTTF plus having my cabin ready upon embarkation.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/kw/Are%20diamond%20and%20platinum%20cabins%20available%20when%20they%20check%20in%3F second question after payment chart

I am so angry at Carnival. After sailing for so many years and spending thousands of dollars, how can they possibly take away my stateroom being ready when boarding and then sell this perk and give it to Diamond for free? And as if the comedy club hard to get seats, they’re making it even more difficult by reserving seats for Diamonds? At what point do I switch to Royal Caribbean?

John Heald keeps saying this isn’t true but I looked at the benefits on Carnival.com to see if it was included for Platinums but it looks like it’s now only Diamond.

earlyaccess.png

THIS IS photo shopped copy of the actual document. There is no mention of stateroom priority access on the actual document, not has there ever been. Liars need to be shut down by hall monitors.

So my question is:

If "First Access to Stateroom" is no longer a perk for Diamonds or Platinums, will it be the final straw that causes you to leave Carnival?

Hopefully this is just a rumor and a mistake. But if not, then I think this is the end for me. I shouldn't have to purchase FTTF for upwards of $90 to get all the same perks as FTTF plus having my cabin ready upon embarkation.

Unfortunately, yes, it will be the final straw. As a single issue isn't that big of a deal. But combined with everything else it is. I choose Carnival because I don't want to start over on the bottom rung of some other lines loyalty plan. However, if the only perks left to me as a Platinum is early boarding and a 45 minute free drink party, then that isn't enough to keep me from trying someone else.

What good is early boarding if I can't drop off my carryons in my cabin? Someone in another thread posted a screenshot of the new VIFP perks, and while Diamond has early access to their cabin, Platinum does not.

Unfortunately, yes, it will be the final straw. As a single issue isn't that big of a deal. But combined with everything else it is. I choose Carnival because I don't want to start over on the bottom rung of some other lines loyalty plan. However, if the only perks left to me as a Platinum is early boarding and a 45 minute free drink party, then that isn't enough to keep me from trying someone else.

What good is early boarding if I can't drop off my carryons in my cabin? Someone in another thread posted a screenshot of the new VIFP perks, and while Diamond has early access to their cabin, Platinum does not.

The "SCREENSHOT OF THE NEW VIFP PERKS" is a photoshopped fake document that DCOOK51 (a first time poster) is using to stir the pot. Stateroom priority entry has never been on this document and it is still not there in the Carnival website. D and P got it only when FTTF was instituted.