No more First Cabin Access for Diamonds/Platinums?

jimbo5544

If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. If First Access to your cabin for D/P is gone, will that make you not sail Carnival?

• Yes - I am Diamond or Platinum already and this perk is important to me
    • No - I am Diamond or Platinum and this perk is not important to me
    • Yes - I am not Diamond or Platinum but this is something I was looking forward to
    • No - I am not Diamond or Platinum and this is something that is not important to me
    • Not bothered

LOL, he just does not understand that CC thrives on negative posts..... can we please put this to bed now?

Only Carnival can put this to bed with a statement from corporate. They're making a huge mistake relying on their social media team and captain underpants to fight this fire. This is turning into the same self inflicted wound that the Comfort Matters cards were. They need to get in front of this now, or it will rage on for months.

Giving the statement he is making and the level of clarity he is saying it with, I see 2 choices: Believe him and let this go or call him a liar and never believe anything he ever says. I am not sure how people can be happy purchasing a product from a company that has a brand ambassador that they believe is constantly lying. I don't know why people would purchase under those terms. Do they enjoy the fight? Personally, I am moving on from this discussion and all threads that banter this topic. I am going to choose that he is telling the truth. Enjoy your fight. You guys are really conflicted. I would not ever purchase from a company that I believed acted in the way you accuse it of doing. Why do you guys purchase from them if you think they are constantly lying? Do you enjoy the fight?

To be clear. These are rhetorical questions. I won't see the answers. I am moving on to the next tin foil hat conspiracy. Swing away. You won't meet opposition from me.

And to the person I am quoting. I am not directing this at you. I just quoted you because you referenced John's statement.

You've only posted in this thread twice, and that includes your farewell post, so it's not like you were deeply involved with this topic. :rolleyes: It's unfortunate that you took your ball and went home. You make accusations, ask us questions, etc., then just run away. If you didn't want to deal with this topic anymore, or read our responses, maybe you should've avoided posting this in the first place. Oh well, it won't stop me from replying. ;)

First, JH has been known to lie to the public on multiple occasions in the past to keep certain things from going public earlier than Carnival intended. You say you'd never buy from a company that lies to its customers. Do you actually believe that every company you purchase products & services from is always fully honest to the public 100% of the time? Lastly, this isn't about enjoying a fight. It's about consumers using their voice to insist they continue to get a good product from a company that they, for the most part, still enjoy doing business with.

I guess you have never seen how some people pack or how they can trash a cabin in 30 seconds flat.
How someone packs is of no concern of yours. Or at least it shouldn't be. And what do you do, stand outside people's open cabin doors shortly after they go in to see how they unpack?

LOL, he just does not understand that CC thrives on negative posts..... can we please put this to bed now?
No one is forced to post in this thread, or any thread they're tired of reading.

There is an interesting almost parallel situation currently happening on Royal Caribbean. I am certain some of you are aware of this but some will not be. Royal planned to cutback an internet perk for Diamonds (80 points/days) and Diamond Plus (175 points). It was and now still is 1 free internet day for Diamond and 2 free days for Diamond Plus. They were going to replace these free days with discounted pricing on the purchased internet packages. News of this change was leaked and prematurely implemented on some ships. The blowback was so huge that Royal has decided to cancel the changes and revert back to the original program before the change was officially announced or implemented. Kudos to RCCL for reacting to the negative feedback so quickly.

I believe a similar thing may be happening at Carnival. Carnival announces significant price increases to FTTF and one way to justify said increases would be to have FTTF have an exclusive benefit of early cabin access. A win-win for Carnival, less pressure on a reduced number of cabin stewards and more desire for FTTF. They did not anticipate the huge amount of reaction and displeasure from us who have and use this benefit. Pure speculation on my part, but it does compute.

We could but saw a post on fb this morning that indicates the coming changes in loyalty. If this is correct we will all be up in arms including you.

Hope the post is not correct but poster seemed to knows what they were talking about. In other words YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET

I am so angry at Carnival. After sailing for so many years and spending thousands of dollars, how can they possibly take away my stateroom being ready when boarding and then sell this perk and give it to Diamond for free? And as if the comedy club hard to get seats, they’re making it even more difficult by reserving seats for Diamonds? At what point do I switch to Royal Caribbean?

John Heald keeps saying this isn’t true but I looked at the benefits on Carnival.com to see if it was included for Platinums but it looks like it’s now only Diamond.

earlyaccess.png

Obviously speculation, but I 100% agree with you. And I think that’s why there is so much confusion at the crew level for the current policy because they have to unwind the temporary changes.

There is an interesting almost parallel situation currently happening on Royal Caribbean. I am certain some of you are aware of this but some will not be. Royal planned to cutback an internet perk for Diamonds (80 points/days) and Diamond Plus (175 points). It was and now still is 1 free internet day for Diamond and 2 free days for Diamond Plus. They were going to replace these free days with discounted pricing on the purchased internet packages. News of this change was leaked and prematurely implemented on some ships. The blowback was so huge that Royal has decided to cancel the changes and revert back to the original program before the change was officially announced or implemented. Kudos to RCCL for reacting to the negative feedback so quickly.

I believe a similar thing may be happening at Carnival. Carnival announces significant price increases to FTTF and one way to justify said increases would be to have FTTF have an exclusive benefit of early cabin access. A win-win for Carnival, less pressure on a reduced number of cabin stewards and more desire for FTTF. They did not anticipate the huge amount of reaction and displeasure from us who have and use this benefit. Pure speculation on my part, but it does compute.

I am so angry at Carnival. After sailing for so many years and spending thousands of dollars, how can they possibly take away my stateroom being ready when boarding and then sell this perk and give it to Diamond for free? And as if the comedy club hard to get seats, they’re making it even more difficult by reserving seats for Diamonds? At what point do I switch to Royal Caribbean?

John Heald keeps saying this isn’t true but I looked at the benefits on Carnival.com to see if it was included for Platinums but it looks like it’s now only Diamond.

earlyaccess.png

Very interesting!! I just looked at my own account and see the old benefits--P and D get priority check-in and boarding, and no one has "guaranteed priority access to stateroom".

Either the benefits are changing and Carnival prematurely updated the website, then backed out the change, or Carnival was planning on changing them then backtracked on the change.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Obviously speculation, but I 100% agree with you. And I think that’s why there is so much confusion at the crew level for the current policy because they have to unwind the temporary changes.

I agree with your guess about Carnival. Actually, all I want to do when I get on board at 11:30 am is to drop off my 2 carry ons so I can head for the buffet with free hands. I don't intend to sleep and the Cabin Steward can continue his work in the cabins. What's the big deal? Then give me my luggage by 3 pm (we are Platinum) and unpacking can begin.

Why oh why do some post incorrect info or start rumors here? It gives Cruise Critic a bad name.

I have always found useful info here and hate seeing the bad rap that CC gets because of a few

I am especially upset that it was started by someone whom I always respected on CC and thought he researched everything before posting.

Why oh why do some post incorrect info or start rumors here? It gives Cruise Critic a bad name.

I have always found useful info here and hate seeing the bad rap that CC gets because of a few

I am especially upset that it was started by someone whom I always respected on CC and thought he researched everything before posting.

Spot on. You win the Internet.

I have not read all of the posts so don’t know if this was posted already. I apologize if it has been posted. I believe this rumor started when someone saw that the perk of going to your cabin upon embarking was not shown as a perk and reported that it had been removed . NOT!

I have been a Diamond since before FTTF and we only got this perk and getting our luggage as a priority because it was a FTTF perk. So NEVER listed as a perk for Platinum or Diamond. Not before and not now.

I have not read all of the posts so don’t know if this was posted already. I apologize if it has been posted. I believe this rumor started when someone saw that the perk of going to your cabin upon embarking was not shown as a perk and reported that it had been removed . NOT!

I have been a Diamond since before FTTF and we only got this perk and getting our luggage as a priority because it was a FTTF perk. So NEVER listed as a perk for Platinum or Diamond. Not before and not now.

Off topic- sorry mods!

Hi Mary- hope all has been well since our Magic TA! Glad to see you posting again

The problem is very often someone on here does get inside info, asks JH who will do his best to discredit the info and source by saying Carnival has no plans to make a change and shortly thereafter oops the change is made.

I do like JH but all too often he says what he is told to say by his bosses not the actual truth.

While it is true that it has not been been listed under Diamond or Platinum as a benefit, it has always been listed in the FTTF FAQ that each and every benefit is a perk of Diamond and Platinum individually. Then when this was reported blurb had been removed from just the section about rooms being ready. It still remained on every other perk.

While it is true that it has not been been listed under Diamond or Platinum as a benefit, it has always been listed in the FTTF FAQ that each and every benefit is a perk of Diamond and Platinum individually. Then when this was reported blurb had been removed from just the section about rooms being ready. It still remained on every other perk.
Looks like Carnival is still trying to get their story together.... elsewhere in the FAQ it still says "VIFP Platinum and Diamond members receive all the benefits of*FTTF*for free."

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Off topic- sorry mods!

Hi Mary- hope all has been well since our Magic TA! Glad to see you posting again

Hello J, all is well. We are going on the Horizon TA in May. Hope all is well with you and your family. I know you have all moved on to Princess so surprise to see you on the Carnival one.

I post more on the roll calls of my cruises.

Edited by mississauga

Sorry, since I never had the need to view this list, never saw what was listed. As far as the Diamond benefit listings, it has never been posted as a perk on our individual benefits or in the VIFP Club benefits.

When the chief Kool Ade drinker starts complaining you know things are bad BRILLIANT

Love the Catch-22. Some people seem to blame FTTF for a wide range of problems and want Carnival to get rid of FTTF, but if Carnival did get rid of it, then some of the PD benefits disappear, too. Brilliant!

You are so right! We did not get some of the FTTF benefits until FTTF came along.

Some D&P complaint about FTTF but if not for FTTF, we may not have gotten this perk.

The biggest complaint is that we paid thousands of dollars to get these perks while those buying FTTF only pay a small price.

I personally did not pay thousands for theses perks. I paid to go on a cruise ( like every other person ) because I love cruising and the perks came along with the frequent cruising. Any benefits we get are appreciated

It must be a special day here in Carnival land of CC for the leader of the pack to come and spread a little Joy. I can sleep well tonight! The Brilliant one appears in LALA land, dancing in the streets cannot be far off. I am sure the FB negative crowd is having a special time....